• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a really neat feature where, after the screen dims from sitting idle, you so much as touch the Gamepad and everything springs back to life.

Goddammit Newegg, you used to be one of my favorite online stores for video games. Now you're just fucking everything up and have been for two months now.

Why the hell do you void my order for New Super Mario Bros. U because my "card was declined," but ship my Zombi U order and my card was accepted for that and I have more than $2600 in the bank? So they canceled my NSMBU order and now I lose my $12 coupon. Not a major deal, but super fucking annoying.

What the shit? What the hell happened to Newegg?

I'm throwing a Wii U Launch Party at my House on Sunday and this is what's going down
[along with Nintendo Land and NSMBU]

522413_10151243278509043_94811531_n.jpg

MP9 is surprisingly fun. Got a few friends coming over. Should be fun times.

FLEABttn

Banned
NewEgg has shipped my copy of Batman but the pro-controller has been pushed back to the end of December?

Whatchu talkin bout NewEgg?

To Pro Controller or to not Pro Controller. Now is the time to decide. Any moment, the shit will come to my house and Newegg won't give a damn if I wanted it or not lol

It just seems so...pointless. I don't know why I'm getting it for Tekken. You don't even need it!

PrimeRib_

NewEgg has shipped my copy of Batman but the pro-controller has been pushed back to the end of December?

Whatchu talkin bout NewEgg?

Something happened with the Pro Contollers. My guess is they received very little supply so those that ordered in October (like me, and I assume you) are receiving the notification of its release date much further out. Sucks. What the hell are you supposed to play BLOPS 2 with?

dwu8991

Banned
Q: And so, I must have missed the demos on the TV aspect of this, but the way this works is that the GamePad essentially acts as a universal remote?

A: So there’s two things. First, out of the box, the GamePad acts as your universal remote. So it allows you to control your TV, allows you to control your cable or satellite dish. That’s capabilities right out of the box.

http://www.siliconbeat.com/2012/11/16/12262/

To Pro Controller or to not Pro Controller. Now is the time to decide. Any moment, the shit will come to my house and Newegg won't give a damn if I wanted it or not lol

To Pro Controller. I have one preordered solely because I know eventually there will be a game I don't want to use the GamePad for, hahaha. Or one time I'll have a really bad headache like today and will get nauseous switching between two brightly lit screen.

Q: And so, I must have missed the demos on the TV aspect of this, but the way this works is that the GamePad essentially acts as a universal remote?

A: So there’s two things. First, out of the box, the GamePad acts as your universal remote. So it allows you to control your TV, allows you to control your cable or satellite dish. That’s capabilities right out of the box.

http://www.siliconbeat.com/2012/11/16/12262/

This is one of the things I'm most excited about. I really hope it works with the TV I've been using for gaming lately, since my RCA TV has trouble programming basically any controller not made by RCA.

Goddammit Newegg, you used to be one of my favorite online stores for video games. Now you're just fucking everything up and have been for two months now.

Why the hell do you void my order for New Super Mario Bros. U because my "card was declined," but ship my Zombi U order and my card was accepted for that and I have more than $2600 in the bank? So they canceled my NSMBU order and now I lose my $12 coupon. Not a major deal, but super fucking annoying.

What the shit? What the hell happened to Newegg?

UGH I wonder if this is a they tried to run 2 orders too close together and there for denied. You'd think they'd be smart enough to put the orders together.

I noticed my Darksiders 2 was payment charged but nothing has happened for Batman.

*edit* and Batman just went through. Glad to see them coming through with at least shipping these by Saturday. Getting the response of not shipping till Monday/Tuesday made me think it wasn't going to happen.

hiryu64

Something happened with the Pro Contollers. My guess is they received very little supply so those that ordered in October (like me, and I assume you) are receiving the notification of its release date much further out. Sucks. What the hell are you supposed to play BLOPS 2 with?

Source? I didn't get any notification that the Pro Controller shipments were being delayed...

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it on the Pro Controller's listing page. What the shit Newegg? You used to be cool, man...

FLEABttn

Banned

The regular controller I guess. Not playing with the nunchuck nonsense.

We'll see if I really want to wait until the end of December to save $12 or if I want a controller sooner.

Tim-E

I need to buy a few used Motion Plus adapters. I'd like the new controllers, but I might as well save myself a good bit of money and get some used adapters. I missed much of the post-Galaxy 2 Wii releases.

Just got my email from Shopto confirming my Wii U on launch day on the 30th.

Wii U ZombiU bundle (including Pro controller) + NSMBU & NintendoLand for £369.85 has been one of my bargains of the year :D

Just 2 long weeks to go

PrimeRib_

I've found a good 7-10 pro controllers at walmart already, I doubt that they were delayed :p

Sorry, we were talking about the preorders on NewEgg. It seems those that preordered the Pro Contoller here, are seeing a new release date of 12.31.12. Speculation of course, but it seems NewEgg might not have the allotment they thought they were going to get. Or something.

PrimeRib_

Launch day planning is like gambling. All these preorders, shipments, missing orders, etc. No one really knows the seller that will come through with shipping a product early, or delay/outright cancel orders.

Maybe we should've put a thread up, postulating the spread on the retailer of choice with the highest success rate for fulfilling preorders and generally, not pissing everyone off.

PrimeRib_

Has anyone who pre-ordered at a Gamestop store in the US gotten a phone call? I haven't, was just wondering if I should have by now.

Negative. Earlier in this thread, there was mention that calls might go out tomorow, and including Sunday. So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in receiving a call.

It's okay. Make like AT&T and reach out and touch that Gamestop sales clerk.

Drago

Mine says $60 for Scribblenauts Wii U.

Are you sure you're not looking at the 3DS one?

It is definitely the WiiU one, I'm looking at the order details right now. I used a $10 off code when NewEgg was listing the game for $50 and managed to save $20 when all was said and done.

Also, it seems I definitely did get it for $40, looking at the complete details. Sweet.

Negative. Earlier in this thread, there was mention that calls might go out tomorow, and including Sunday. So I wouldn't put a lot of stock in receiving a call.

It's okay. Make like AT&T and reach out and touch that Gamestop sales clerk.

Will do. Not sure my girlfriend will appreciate it, but she'll roll with it.

KTS2448

Looks like folding on newegg by cancelling nsmbu and pro controller was a good decision. Still kept zombiu and assassins creed 3 on there tho.

My paper mario 3ds shipment still isn't here thanks to dhl's slow shipping. If I get dhl for the wiiu games, I'm going to be very disappointed and will cancel all my newegg preorders

bodine1231

My system from Target shipped! Although I am pissed that I payed 33.00 for overnight shipping for Sunday delivery during checkout and now it shows a Tuesday delivery. I better get a refund for that shit.

Yeah, I am gonna call tomorrow and double check with my Gamestop that I am all good. Also, and this is just speculation on my part, but I would probably avoid straight out asking "Do you guys have Wii U's in yet?" since they will probably not say much just because of the safety issues of basically saying "Yeah we have all these brand new systems in our stock room!"

I would probably just say "If I have a pre-ordered system am I all good to go for Sunday?" If they say yeah, then you can probably read between the lines and assume they have them. Once again though, just speculation on my part because if I worked there and someone just asked "Hey you guys got your Wii U's in yet?" I would probably be a little leery of giving a straight answer. Then again, I am pretty bad at assuming the worst at times :p

Looks like folding on newegg by cancelling nsmbu and pro controller was a good decision. Still kept zombiu and assassins creed 3 on there tho.

My paper mario 3ds shipment still isn't here thanks to dhl's slow shipping. If I get dhl for the wiiu games, I'm going to be very disappointed and will cancel all my newegg preorders

Received mine yesterday

Thoraxes

Though I have a pre-order card for the system at Target, they have no way of keeping track of that shit so I need to do two things: Pray that they set aside the allocated amount (which was 5 black 5 white), and show up at store open before the moms get there that hopefully aren't assholes because they're in holiday shopping mode and will force them to have the systems sold to them because it's in the ad.

Less than 36 hours till store open now.

I pre-ordered online for in-store pick-up at Best Buy. Paid in full via PayPal the day pre-orders were first available.

I hope they actually save it for me. The Best Buys around here are notorious for taking your pre-order money then putting every unit of a new game on store shelves for release day, pre-orders or no.

They didn't even get in any Dark Souls CEs, despite me and another guy pre-ordering. Had to go grab a vanilla copy off the shelf myself. =(

And the Best Buy I pre-ordered at isn't doing a midnight launch, despite being the largest in the New Orleans area, and actually the largest Best Buy I've ever been to. Sucks.

J.W.Crazy

Has anyone who pre-ordered at a Gamestop store in the US gotten a phone call? I haven't, was just wondering if I should have by now.

I got a call but I missed it so they left a voicemail. They said pre-order stock was in and I could pick it up tomorrow at 11am. I tried to call back but the line was busy. I assume they misspoke and mean Sunday but I'll try calling again tomorrow just to make sure.

PrimeRib_

Though I have a pre-order card for the system at Target, they have no way of keeping track of that shit so I need to do two things: Pray that they set aside the allocated amount (which was 5 black 5 white), and show up at store open before the moms get there and aren't assholes because they're in holiday shopping mode and will force them to have the systems sold to them.

How do you know Target's shipment at your store? For that matter, I've also seen posts from others about GameStop and Best Buy's allotment. Is this public knowledge on some random, gaming forum someplace? Spill it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom