• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Don't know if it has been posted yet:

Greg Miller said:
ZombiU review goes live on @IGN at 9 am PT Sunday. I'll be in the comments, so come talk to me. Bring your love and/or soul crushing hate!

Effect

All these talks of reviews has me really looking forward to the Miiverse discussion pages. Getting opinions from people actively taking their time to play the games vs waiting to see what some review says. Similar to getting opinions from those on gaf but without having to leave the Wii U itself.

Lucent

Off topic, but anybody know of a good place to ask for help on doing an Econ paper? Been trying to get it done and out of the way before the Wii U launch, but I'm seriously having some trouble. Just can't seem to find good resources.

Medalion

Banned
The GT trailers preview for Wii-U was more painful than I thought

I am quite nervous about getting the system on Sunday and the update doesn't come on time

PrimeRib_

Off topic, but anybody know of a good place to ask for help on doing an Econ paper? Been trying to get it done and out of the way before the Wii U launch, but I'm seriously having some trouble. Just can't seem to find good resources.

LOL
What specifically, are you writing about?

Anyone hear of the quality of the AssCreed 3 port? Is it as half-assed as Mass Effect 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3 appear to be?

I think I remember a thread on here saying that it was the exact same game since it wasn't ported by another studio or a long time after the fact. I know there seem to be bugs and glitches in the PS360 version so I would think those would still be present. I hope it is good because I am staring at my copy on the table next to me right now.

Found the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496893&highlight=assassin+s+creed+iii+wii+u

Glass Joe

LOL. If you're asking a Wii U thread for help with econ paper, I'm not shocked that you're not finding good resources overall. Maybe try a library? No offense, though. Micro or macro?

Just to double, triple, quad check the WIIU is WIFI only correct?

Out of the box, it's Wifi. You can use existing Wii USB ethernet adaptors though.

Drago

Just to double, triple, quad check the WIIU is WIFI only correct?

Yes, but you can purchase a USB Ethernet dongle for ethernet connection. Like this:

41F27E0uYUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lucent

LOL
What specifically, are you writing about?

Basically have to write a narrow topic related to macroeconomics. An analysis paper. I decided to write it on how sites like Amazon don't charge sales tax and how that affects brick and mortar stores, the economy, etc. Just having a hard time finding enough stuff to write about.

LOL. If you're asking a Wii U thread for help with econ paper, I'm not shocked that you're not finding good resources overall. Maybe try a library? No offense, though. Micro or macro?

Well I asked on my school's board, too. Was just broadening my chances of getting a bit of help. I didn't know where to ask on GAF.

NSMBU question.

Has there been any video that shows two players playing simultaneously where one is on wiimote and a second player is playing on gamepad. I don't mean the helper function with the blocks, but actually playing the game?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone know if you can transfer two Wii's to a single Wii U? Like if I had two Wii's with different digital content. Or is it just 1:1?

NSMBU question.

Has there been any video that shows two players playing simultaneously where one is on wiimote and a second player is playing on gamepad. I don't mean the helper function with the blocks, but actually playing the game?

I was actually wondering this the other day...

...surely they wouldn't be dumb enough not to include this.

Spazznid

anyone get a shipping confirmation email from gamestop.com yet? ordered mine on 9/14

I got this email earlier today:
Order Date: 09-13-2012
Order #: 412xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tracking #: 1ZXxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shipped To:Me :D

and when I use the tracking #, I get a tracking page with this message:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom