• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainpann

Tomorrow is gonna take forever....

but

featherless-body.jpg

I know it's been said... but MY GOD, the music in Nintendo Land is amazing!

I'm hyped. I wanted a WiiU for a while now. I was expecting to wait for the inevitable new SKU with a second controller or something but... I think... I can't wait now :(

PS: "The community has closed this channel due to terms of service violations." <--- NOOOOOOOO! I want that music back :(

Teknoman

Are the Nyko Net Connect USB LAN adapter pretty good, or does it really matter?

EDIT: I guess for 12 bucks shipped, its not that big of a deal.

I haven't been this hyped for a console since the dreamcast. This is also suppose to be a Christmas gift for my daughter, so as much as I'm hyped I'm not gonna touch it until Christmas morning.

JoeFu

Banned
Even if somehow NintendoLand ends up being terrible,
it probably wont
the music is amazing and probably worth it.

lol monita with the SHAZAM

Reggie Fils-Aime had a random showing at the line just now. Acted pretty cool.

Wish I had streetpassed him.

Geoff Keighley and Stephen Totilo were there as well. Geoff's a pretty good sport about Doritogate, as Stephen has termed it.

Eusis

Well after playing F-Zero, it said he earned a stamp called "Hang Time"

sounds like an achievement type of thing
I almost wish they DID implant a universal achievement system... and called them stamps. We'd have stamp collecting threads, talking about all the stamps we got while playing Mario and Zelda... it'd almost sound like everyone abandoned video games for an older hobby.
Be the first person to get your WiiU banned from Nintendo Network for breaking the street date.
Besides the aforementioned points, it's really just not worth the PR hassle.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well after playing F-Zero, it said he earned a stamp called "Hang Time"

sounds like an achievement type of thing

Nintendoland uses the stamp system from Wii Sports Resort as achievements. I think you're supposed to be able to see who has how many stamps and such over Miiverse.

Effect

So close yet I'm not even sure if I want Black Ops 2 anymore! :(

Was playing some Black Ops 1 and I think I'm sick of the online multiplayer. Here's hoping that the single player and Zombies can keep my satisfied. That or perhaps I should switch it at the store to something else?

Should I take the chance on Assassin's Creed 3? Move Ninja Gaiden up the list? Just wait for ZombiU to arrive and get Trine 2? Mass Effect 3 and hope a lot of people buy it so there is an online community? Go the ultra safe choice and just get Mario? Can't make up my mind.

*Charlie Brown scream*

HylianTom

Banned
Sunday will be a Super Mario Bros U marathon for me. Gonna go grocery shopping on Saturday. Lots and lots of sugary, not-good-for-me junk food. Already have my Bawls shipment in.

I wish I had more time off. :(

CaLe

Is there a list somewhere of games playable using the gamepad's screen ?

Only ones I know of are Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Mario...

Pharros

Nintendoland uses the stamp system from Wii Sports Resort as achievements. I think you're supposed to be able to see who has how many stamps and such over Miiverse.

Sharing stamps on Miiverse actually sounds pretty cool. Actually, it would be awesome if they had a dedicated app or function on your profile that acted as a "Stamp book" and each page was for a different game and you could compare books with others.

Crazy it's this Sunday. I decided to wait but if I can find one, I may be tempted.

Do you think there's any chance I can find a Deluxe even though I didn't pre-order? I know the Wii launch was crazy and couldn't find one for months.

Think the Wii U will have a similar launch?

backlot

Sharing stamps on Miiverse actually sounds pretty cool. Actually, it would be awesome if they had a dedicated app or function on your profile that acted as a "Stamp book" and each page was for a different game and you could compare books with others.

So basically you want achievements?

Is there a list somewhere of games playable using the gamepad's screen ?

Only ones I know of are Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Mario...

So, one of the WiiUs biggest features is the ability to play a given game just on the GamePad, allowing someone else to watch TV, play another video game system, etc. There does seem to be a lot of confusion as to just which games support this feature and since some in the other threads were asking for a comprehensive thread / list of all the games that do support it, I decided to compose a list to use as a reference of all games known to have this.

Unfortunately, all Wii software (disc games, WiiWare, Virtual Console) is incompatible with the feature.

• New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Dragon Quest X
  • Assassins Creed III
  • Darksiders II
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge
  • Rabbids Land
  • Skylanders Giants
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Wii Fit U
  • Madden 13
  • FIFA 13
  • Rayman Legends (I assume)
  • Toki Tori 2 (downloadable)
  • Mighty Switch Force HD (downloadable)
  • Nano Assault Neo (downloadable)
  • Trine 2 Director's Cut (downloadable)
  • Puddle (downloadable)
  • Several built-in apps (Netflix, Internet, etc.)

Special thanks to the help of gaffers in the WiiU press thread and this GiantBomb list in helping me compose this list.

If I am missing anything at all, including 2013 titles confirmed to be compatible, feel free to tell me and I'll add it to the list. I'll try to keep this list constantly updated as more and more games come out with this feature. And I'm sorry for yet another WiiU thread in advance. ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499720

TriGen

Sunday will be a Super Mario Bros U marathon for me. Gonna go grocery shopping on Saturday. Lots and lots of sugary, not-good-for-me junk food. Already have my Bawls shipment in.

I wish I had more time off. :(

Sounds like a good plan. As that is mine as well.

Memles

Crazy it's this Sunday. I decided to wait but if I can find one, I may be tempted.

Do you think there's any chance I can find a Deluxe even though I didn't pre-order? I know the Wii launch was crazy and couldn't find one for months.

Highly anecdotal: I went to a local Best Buy and Target tonight, in a similar position of curiosity. Best Buy suggested they expected additional units beyond those pre-ordered; Target had only taken five pre-orders, and were getting ten additional units. I didn't ask for Deluxe/Basic breakdowns (I doubt they would know them).

I think your best bet is to try on launch. Who knows what's gonna happen after thanksgiving, when everyone shares there wiiu with there families.

Stoof

I'm guessing the answer is no, or unknown, but do you think it'd be possible to partition a HD and save stuff on only that partition of the HD so that the other partition still works with a computer?

TriGen

I'm guessing the answer is no, or unknown, but do you think it'd be possible to partition a HD and save stuff on only that partition of the HD so that the other partition still works with a computer?

I would guess no. Nothing is confirmed though. The press can't even test hard drives as their use is tied to the day-one patch.

What are you guys going to do when you first bring your Wii U home? Are you going to do the system update first or are you going to just stick a game in and start playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom