• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterhbk

Some stores will have extra stock but that sounds rare at this point. It's all really hit or miss. I have a preorder at Toys R Us and some of the stuff they said yesterday about not even having the consoles in has me worried. I'm still probably going to lineup at least an hour before.

This is exactly why I cancelled my TRU preorder and went with Walmart.

Really worried about Call of duty black ops 2 on the Wii U seeing how all the other ports are getting hammered as having some major issues and lack of quality.

Am hoping its good. Activision seemed quite heavy on it at the Wii U press event and everyone gave nothing but really really solid impressions.

Activision are handling it oddly though.

Got a call on Thursday. I am in Canada.

I called them yesterday and they said they were going to call me about it so I would have yesterday, my premium is at the store ready to go

Also, why/how are people waiting in lines when it's all pre orders?

Nope, I'll probably call later today but they were totally clueless about everything when I was in the store earlier in the week so I don't even have hope of getting my system tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. I double checked with my mom, I definitely didn't get a call (I'm US) so I'll probably call them later today if I don't get one.

Soul Beat

Gonna go check on my preorder at Best Buy today. Hopefully I'll actally talk to someone who knows something this time.

I'm still sending my sister to another store to see if she can score one though.

Alec

Is anyone else getting a WiiU?

image.php

jaypah

When I say 'convince', there wasn't any type of argument over the day. I strolled up to the counter and began speaking with an old african american lady. I asked for the Wii U console that was "supposed to come out tonight at midnight". I then showed her that they already had the games out for sale. This was enough for her to not question it, because she had no idea what I was talking about.

She then asked a manager to find one for me in the back. The manager took the word of his employee, not mine. When the lady in the power chair said "Those don't come out until the 18th, that's why the computer isn't taking it," the manager literally said "Oh, I thought today was the 18th."

I'm not sure what your local WalMart Point of Sale systems look like, but mine are dinky cash registers from the 1980's with credit card machines hooked up to them. The only words it could fit on it's tiny marquee were "SALE NOT ALLOWED". No date specifics at all.

Sheesh, you people.

and what race was the manager? Since that seemed important enough to mention for the African American lady....

Nah, I'm just busting your balls Hitler. Anyway, stupid people at WalMart told my fiancé that we have to pick up our WiiU on Monday because they don't understand that midnight starts a new day. Like seriously WalMart? We'll be there when layaway opens on Sunday because there has to be someone there who learned how to tell time.

suaveric

Now that it looks like all our NewEgg pro controllers have been delayed I thought I would see if any Walmarts near me were already selling them like someone else had mentioned in the thread. Nope. Saw lots of Wii U games and all the Wii U branded Wii remotes but nothing else. Damn you NewEgg!

and what race was the manager? Since that seemed important enough to mention for the African American lady....

Nah, I'm just busting your balls Hitler. Anyway, stupid people at WalMart told my fiancé that we have to pick up our WiiU on Monday because they don't understand that midnight starts a new day. Like seriously WalMart? We'll be there when layaway opens on Sunday because there has to be someone there who learned how to tell time.

The employees at a Walmart that my friend ordered his Wii U at said the same thing. They thought that "Midnight November 18th" means the very end of the day on November 18th. Although they finally managed to talk to someone reasonable and get it sorted out at least.

CoilShot

Now that it looks like all our NewEgg pro controllers have been delayed I thought I would see if any Walmarts near me were already selling them like someone else had mentioned in the thread. Nope. Saw lots of Wii U games and all the Wii U branded Wii remotes but nothing else. Damn you NewEgg!

I might have to cancel mine and get it somewhere else then

dkeane

Do we still not know what games will be on the eshop tomorrow? That's fucking silly if so. I plan on going all digital. Why keep it a secret?

Gonna go check on my preorder at Best Buy today. Hopefully I'll actally talk to someone who knows something this time.

I'm still sending my sister to another store to see if she can score one though.

For those of you who pre-ordered at Best Buy, I got an email this morning confirming that my Basic Wii U will be available for in store pickup tomorrow. I pre-ordered my online for in store pickup. The email says to wait until tomorrow to pick it up, and the status of my order on the Best Buy website has changed to "ready for pickup".

TriGen

The employees at a Walmart that my friend ordered his Wii U at said the same thing. They thought that "Midnight November 18th" means the very end of the day on November 18th. Although they finally managed to talk to someone reasonable and get it sorted out at least.

Wow, that's bad.

CoilShot

Do we still not know what games will be on the eshop tomorrow? That's fucking silly if so. I plan on going all digital. Why keep it a secret?

I would really like to know this cause if I knew in advance I would of probably went all digital but I can't without knowing prices and availability.

TriGen

So far Nintendo has only updated the list to this:

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | $14.99) Upcoming (11/18)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation | $14.99) Upcoming (11/18)
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward Technologies | $?) Upcoming (11/18)
Nano Assault Neo (Shin'en Multimedia | $?) Upcoming (11/18)
New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo | $59.99) Upcoming (11/18)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo | $59.99) Upcoming (11/18)
Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte | $?) Upcoming (11/18)

There is supposed to be more than that -- in fact just yesterday the list didn't have any eShop download-only games besides Little Inferno, so we'll see if we get more confirmed today.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Wow, that's bad.
Problems like these often arise from the fact that the amount of hours per day are simplified from 23,93 hours (23 hours, 56 minutes, 48 seconds) to 24 hours. Leap years exists because of how many hours per day there are.

But yeah. that's bad. The definition of midnight ought to be common knowledge.

dkeane

Thanks for the list. Still insane they don't have this stuff nailed down the day before release.
There's enough on there that I'd like to play so whatever. Super Mario and Trine will be mine.

jaypah

You totally had me for a second.

:p

So folks have been successful in getting them early? As in they are now at home playing WiiU? Wow. Sucks for Triforce.

Glad to know that I'm not alone. I just don't understand how adults could have a job but not know simple things like how a clock works.

kunonabi

Anyone keeping up with Epic Mickey 2?

The 1up review claims the Wii u port has technical issues and doesn't let you use wiimote/nunchuk controls for 1st player. I thought that was false.

sensui-tomo

My walmart is so retarded, electronics doesnt even know what wiiU is and when asked if they were doing a midnight launch they said they were sold out(WTF? i didnt ask if you had any) and i'm trying to contact the store manager(as that memo which people saw says the store manager should know about the wii U launch and midnight release which it should have) and i dont want to tell the person on the phone why i need to talk to the manager, JUST SEND ME OVER, god this 24 hour walmart is pants on head retarded, 14 and van dyke, Michigan :/

Morts

Best Buy emailed me to say my order will be ready for pickup tomorrow. I guess we're doing this.

I still don't know what games to get. Probably Mario and Black Ops, if only because they seem like the least likely to ever drop in price. It'd be nice if ZombiU turned out great though.

TriGen

Thanks for the list. Still insane they don't have this stuff nailed down the day before release.
There's enough on there that I'd like to play so whatever. Super Mario and Trine will be mine.

Yeah, right now, NSMBU, Little Inferno, and possibly Trine are my day 1 buys. So the list is good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom