• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

hours

minutes

:(
Mine is at 7.5 hours. I wonder what time it actually counts down to, I found only this script:

Code:
$(window).load(function() {
			  initWiiUCountdown();
			 	 if($(window).width() > 900) {
						//slider for non mobile
						var top_currentSlide = 1;
						var top_maxSlide = $("#top-cycle .top-slide").length;
						var top_delay= 2000;
						var top_interval;

Tim-E

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/scribblenauts-unlimited-review

Scribblenauts Unlimited: 8.8

GREAT
Scribblenauts Unlimited is the best Scribblenauts yet and a giant sandbox for your crazy imagination. Bring the ruckus.

+Hundreds of puzzles
+Greatly improved control & level progression
+Incredibly creative
+Plays great on GamePad
– Nintendo characters are limited

Okay now I want this game. This seems to be a more realized version of what I've wanted this series to be.

24 hours from now I should be on my way home with my Wii U.

Tank

Neo Member
Approx. When is the day one update coming out?

My Wii U is supposed to arrive today, but NSMB U not until two weeks so I think I am just going to download NSMB U and return the game when it comes.

Drenrim

Neo Member
Just got back from paying off my Wii U Deluxe from Game Stop. They assured me that I would be getting mine tomorrow morning and that anyone that preordered and put down money will be getting theirs.

Cheers everyone - next gen is here :)

IIRC it does have online - its just missing voice chat.

Meh, didn't enjoy Mario Kart DS online either... Kart games were always a family gathering type thing when I was growing up. Even my parents got into it. Makes it hard for me to enjoy them now without people in the room playing with me.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
so any way to extend the sensor bar cable...say 70 feet or so? is it a usb 1.1 or 2.0? or some nintendo connection?

Mardak

so any way to extend the sensor bar cable...say 70 feet or so? is it a usb 1.1 or 2.0? or some nintendo connection?
The sensor bar is actually just some infrared LEDs. Some people have built their own, but it should just need a power source to turn on those lights for the standard sensor bar. But at 70 feet, you the Wii remotes probably won't detect the light well or pick up other sources of infrared. Can you put the sensor bar somewhere in between? On the ground or ceiling?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
The sensor bar is actually just some infrared LEDs. Some people have built their own, but it should just need a power source to turn on those lights for the standard sensor bar.

but it has to connect the WiiU right? Maybe I am misunderstanding the tech

dwu8991

Banned
Long time Nintendo fan. Just played about an hour of Nintendo Land. Amazing player/interactive experience. Will probably get boring after playing it with friends over and over, but great for some initial fun.

The GamePad is amazing.

Not enough maps !!!

Not surprising given the game is free !!!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Best Buy just called me and said my WiiU pre-order was guaranteed, and they are indeed having a midnight launch. I already knew this, but it was nice to hear it again!

It's the same Best Buy AGiT is camping out at, so he mentioned there was already a line lol

zroid

Banned
Bah. My plans to get it at midnight have been foiled because the store (possibly the entire chain) has only received Basic units for now.

I guess I'm waiting till Monday for some Wii U action. Ah well :(

gwarm01

I hope Wal-Mart will just let me walk in and pick up my unit tonight. I have to work so I can't wait around in some line, and the whole pre-ordering thing was supposed to take care of that for me. Anyone have info on what they're doing?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
The sensor bar is actually just some infrared LEDs. Some people have built their own, but it should just need a power source to turn on those lights for the standard sensor bar. But at 70 feet, you the Wii remotes probably won't detect the light well or pick up other sources of infrared. Can you put the sensor bar somewhere in between? On the ground or ceiling?

Well the issue is centrally locating the WiiU in my AV closest (which uses a 4x4 matrix to distribute HDMI signals throughout the house over HDBaseT). Basically I have 4 Cat6A cables running to each TV locations (only use 1 but future proofed) in my house and I am not rewiring my house for the WiiU.

So the question is, can I locate the WiiU in my closest, yet still use the console? I thought the Wii sensor bar had to be attached to the console but if the WiiU is different (by sending the signal over the wireless signal) it would make things much easier.

edit: I know there are concerns about wireless range, but I am not worried about that issue for the moment.

The Wii U gamepad only has a certain range to the system. It's going to be different for every house depending on walls and size and all that good stuff.

KTS2448

So, I canceled my Newegg pro controller. Was wondering if there is a confirmation of a mass-delay and I should go looking for one tonight/early morning?

Wiz

Okay, since Target royally screwed over my preorder, time for plan B.

Out of all the retail stores, which has best chance of me just walking in early and buying a Wii U off the shelf?

CoilShot

Okay, since Target royally screwed over my preorder, time for plan B.

Out of all the retail stores, which has best chance of me just walking in early and buying a Wii U off the shelf?

Walmart and Best Buy will have extras from what I hear

Drago

Probably a Costco or Sams Club, if you have a membership to either.

Otherwise, line up early at a Best Buy or Walmart, I guess

moonbox

Banned
Looks like i'll be ordering Scribblenauts from Australia if it isn't released in the UK by Christmas. Hopefully Nintendo haven't completely fucked with region codes.

Just got my 2TB overkill HDD delivered from Amazon, one step closer
3AQmK.gif

So the Best Buy website says my order is "ready for pickup" at the store where I preordered it. Maybe I can get an uninformed employee to just hand it over right now?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I pre-ordered from walmart.com when the backdoor hack to just order the system without the bundle leaked in September. My card was charged with the hold then and released a week later which was expected. Then it was charged with the same hold last Monday. Still says processing on the website.

I'm scared :(

moonbox

Banned
So the Best Buy website says my order is "ready for pickup" at the store where I preordered it. Maybe I can get an uninformed employee to just hand it over right now?

You could end up walking out with a Wii U one day early. What's the worst that could happen?

I pre-ordered from walmart.com when the backdoor hack to just order the system without the bundle leaked in September. My card was charged with the hold then and released a week later which was expected. Then it was charged with the same hold last Monday. Still says processing on the website.

I'm scared :(
i ordered from that too and now my order doesn't have the cancel button anymore, so i'm guessing we're getting them

Galang

Banned
Going to wait until summer when I have more money, but the launch hype has got me now. Watching NSMB U videos... I'm debating getting NSMB 2 from the e-shop to tide me over. Hope everyone enjoys their systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom