• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraly

Man, I'm so jealous of all of you that will be getting this console.

Not because of the Wii U, but of the excitement a new console and a whole new era brings.

Have fun everyone and merry christmas, Nintendo fans!

mgcastro

This place feels like good 'ole christmas eve. All that hype building towards midnight, waiting to get that new hot toy.

/2000 Majora's Mask-Christmas-present mode off

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I just realized this is my first time buying a console at launch ever. Considering I've been watching launches since the SNES, that's surprising to me.

I used to be one of those "wait till a killer app, wait till a price drop" people.. But Mario in HD at launch seems "shiny" enough to rush out immediately!

Tim-E

LMAO Best Buy just called me and wanted to know if I would bring back the console for a $25 best buy gift card.

I said No.

LOL That's awesome.

My Gamestop in the middle of nowhere is supposed to open at 10 AM tomorrow. Their website better be right.

HeySeuss

I can no longer shop at that best buy. They know my number and reward zone acct.

Why? It's not your fault they screwed up. If someone loses their job it's not like anybody will know the specific customer that it was sold to. They will only remember he screwed up, and even then it will he forgotten the next day.

To be fair, aren't they not supposed to be sold until tomorrow?

No quite a few games have released already. It's mostly Zombie U, NSMBU, Nintendoland, and a couple others that have release dates of the 18th. Hell I already bought Assassin's Creed III, and I'm pretty sure my Gamestop was selling Black Ops on Tuesday when all the other versions came out.

Besides if they advertised it as Wii U games taking part in this and it ended on Saturday, and all Wii U games didn't come up till Sunday, then that would be False Advertising and they could be sued.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
I can no longer shop at that best buy. They know my number and reward zone acct.

Something clearly got messed up with their online system. My order also says "Ready to pick up", and having preordered systems/games from Best Buy in the past it never says that until the day the product is released.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
N64. Official launch date of September 30, but for all intents and purposes it was September 26.
I'd say Saturn, then, which showed up months ahead of its official release date :p

But I'd consider that an entirely different era. Ever since PS2 these launches have been more controlled.

I didn't buy any games with it. I was concerned with getting in and out as fast as possible. Aren't the games "supposed" to be available starting tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom