• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Haha, well I think I would have tried to up the stakes (probably to $50), but if they declined even $25 would've gotten me to go back.

You must live close to your nearest BB. Mine is a 30 minute drive away. That's 60 minutes round trip. And then you'd have to do it again tomorrow. 2 hours driving (and a bunch of wasted gas). I can see why he'd turn his nose at that. And then who knows if they'd screw up the return. He would be liable to return tomorrow and have them say he returned it and no longer has a pre-order. Feel bad for the employee, but I can see why someone would say no to that.

AGITΩ

If that's the case then you'd think they'd offer something more then a $25 gift card.

Because customers aren't aware of company fines so theyd rather take a small loss to offset the big charge. My best buy had a similar situation when someone sold a windows 8 pc before street date. Luckily the customer didn't want the employee fired so they returned it.

CrazyGamesDude

Neo Member
Anyone know if Target will be having a midnight launch? I don't think so, because I can't find any info on it, but has anyone heard anything different?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Senor par is powered by the system. There's just a small port in the back you plug it in. No extra power necessary.

I know, I mean specifically? How many volts does it use? Someone must have done a tear down of the Wii version. I'd like to try a DIY wireless sensor bar mod if possible, I have two sensor bars and it would save me buying a specific wireless one

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They shouldn't have said a zombiU demo is coming soon. Make it more likely I'll wait and see rather than jumping in blind

Nibel

Did I understand correctly that there should be no problem to get the name I want? Well, I have to wait 2 weeks until EU release..

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

Linkhero1

Did I understand correctly that there should be no problem to get the name I want? Well, I have to wait 2 weeks until EU release..

How so? I haven't read about NiN so I'm kind of out of the loop here. If true, then megatonnns

Here here

Will send you my NiN once I have one :p

I wonder what happened to the rest. Off the top of my head:

HylianTom
GameplayWhore
ColdBlooder
Cabbie
lednerg
guek
axisofweevils

Sorry if I missed anyone. I miss these guys.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Man, watching the live screen and those load times between menus are pretty long. I'm a little shocked as reducing load times has always been one of Nintendo's top priorities. I do hope that the system update has a way of addressing this, but I guess we'll see...

I just had the disheartening realization that my Wal-Mart isn't open 24 hours a day. The store closes at 11:59 PM tonight. I might just try my luck at getting it early, but how can I convince them?

Man, watching the live screen and those load times between menus are pretty long. I'm a little shocked as reducing load times has always been one of Nintendo's top priorities. I do hope that the system update has a way of addressing this, but I guess we'll see...

First thing I noticed too. So so pokey.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Do not load the disc with your finger in the hole.

w2Au5.jpg

Juice

AGITΩ;44442781 said:
Would be guaranteed. All best buy counts I looked at had more than enough to cover preorders. Mine got tripple

Nice! I'll go to my best buy at open time just in case I can snag an extra console for my nephew

Are stores still opening at 11am?

I called 2 local gamestops and they said no chance of me getting one till January unless you preordered argh

heh they always say that for games too, remember when i tried to get halo 3 and they said it would be sold out for months since i didn't pre order it.

bad example yes.

try best buy or wal mart and toys r us :D

bluehat9

I called 2 local gamestops and they said no chance of me getting one till January unless you preordered argh

gamestop was also putting anyone with a rewards card on the secondary "we'll call you when its available" list so you'd probably have better luck at other places if you want one sooner.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member

Well half the OS isn't there. It's possible it's referencing points and then having to "time out". But obviously that's pure speculation on my part.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
How so? I haven't read about NiN so I'm kind of out of the loop here. If true, then megatonnns

Will send you my NiN once I have one :p

I wonder what happened to the rest. Off the top of my head:

HylianTom
GameplayWhore
ColdBlooder
Cabbie
lednerg
guek
axisofweevils

Sorry if I missed anyone. I miss these guys.
Tom is around here somewhere because he was talking about getting twinkles for launch day in this thread and guek is unbanned so he's running around yelling at people who oppose his opinion (love you guek).

Linkhero1

Try going to Target. They usually get more than what was peordered.

The thing is, they won't tell you this. They screwed me over during the Wii launch. My Target got 220 Wiis and they said they only had 120, which was the amount preordered (wristbands given out the night before) so I left. They ended up giving the rest of the people in line who didn't preorder the remaining 100. If I didn't leave I would have gotten the Wii day 1. It wont hurt to try :)

Tom is around here somewhere because he was talking about getting twinkles for launch day in this thread and guek is unbanned so he's running around yelling at people who oppose his opinion (love you guek).

Nice. Gotta make sure I add them :D

I don't give much value to ONM's score, they are an official magazine after all. As for Edge, is a 7 good ?

I watched the GS video review, and the points the reviewer made seemed valid to me.

Yeah, it's hard to get a 7 in Edge - Dead Island for example got a 4.

Hitman Absolution and Nintendoland also got 7s in this issue, AC3 , NSMBU and Halo got 8 for example.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So Walmart I preordered from is 24hrs so this means I can pick one up at midnight right? I'm a Walmart virgin lol

Walmart is supposed to release them at 12:01 but this is fucking Walmart so it's probably going to be up to the individual store and whether they read their memos.

I plan on dropping by later today and see what's going on.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Try going to Target. They usually get more than what was peordered.

The thing is, they won't tell you this. They screwed me over during the Wii launch. My Target got 220 Wiis and they said they only had 120, which was the amount preordered (wristbands given out the night before) so I left. They ended up giving the rest of the people in line who didn't preorder the remaining 100. If I didn't leave I would have gotten the Wii day 1. It wont hurt to try :)

Nice. Gotta make sure I add them :D
Also make sure to add smiles an cries.

I realize I'm like 1,000 years late on this, but it just occurred to me that there's no Nintendo Land attraction based on Pokemon. How odd. I assume we can blame the fact that the brand is owned by a subsidiary company?

Called my gamestop just now.... They aren't opening at midnight afterall, even though they told me 3 days ago that they were. Glad I called again today to double check... F**kers... would have been hell to pay if I had stayed there at midnight and nothing.

Reclaimer

Called my gamestop just now.... They aren't opening at midnight afterall, even though they told me 3 days ago that they were. Glad I called again today to double check... F**kers... would have been hell to pay if I had stayed there at midnight and nothing.

You'd probably figure out before midnight that the store wasn't opening. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom