• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

Yeah, getting things at midnight, a Nintendo release on Sunday, can be a challenge at times. If you don't get someone who knows what is going on, and most of the later night workers don't seem to usually, you will be told they don't have it, new releases are not on Sunday but rather on Tuesdays including Nintendo items, and various other things.

Stick with it, try to talk to someone that has a clue, and you should be fine. I have had to put up something of a fight a time or two though. We should not know more about aspects of their job than they do, but that is the case sometimes.

I realize I'm like 1,000 years late on this, but it just occurred to me that there's no Nintendo Land attraction based on Pokemon. How odd. I assume we can blame the fact that the brand is owned by a subsidiary company?

whoa, lol i never noticed that til you said it, weird.

i expected like a pokemon race mini game, like pokemon dash on ds :(

oh well

Effect

Crazy that the system update still isn't out. Then again not that crazy. Nintendo always seems to wait until the very last minute to put them out on the 3DS.\

Edit: Nice that you can play as the swordsman in Zelda as one person. Or it seemed so from the menu. Previews up till not made it seem like you only could play as the archer.

Yuripaw

Banned
Noooo :( I was planning on buying a bunch of virtual console games over time for my Wii U, and I just looked on wiki, and it says all the Donkey Kong Country games were delisted yesterday. What kind of crap is that? I was so gonna buy those

Finally got my Gamestop call, picking my system at 9 tomorrow morning! Gonna try to get to Target when they open at 8, to take advantage of that B2G1 50% off sale.

My haul is going to be:

Deluxe Wii U
NSMB U
Zombi U
and AC3.

I'm so hyped!

bonesquad

So I got an email saying my Wii U is available for pick up at Best Buy tomorrow after 10am, and I have one shipping from Game Stop for delivery by 3pm Monday... And I'm not sure I even want one anymore:(

Bah, I'm sure I'll cave and keep one. Nintendo Land can keep me happy until Pikman finally drops.

Maaseru

Banned
Any updates or info on Toys R Us preorders?

I preordered both online and at the store back in september, but I got an email saying the store would not or have not received their Wii U shipments so no Nov 18.

Any news on other stores and better yet any news on the ToysRUs.com preorders?

A chance. Depends on where you live but it's unlikely.

I have 2 pre-orders, one at TRU (delayed) and one at gamestop (on time but opens at 11am).
I'm planning on heading over to a local walmart at about 11:15pm tonight and seeing if there's a line. I called and asked and they said they only have about 15 non-reserved wiius but there's always a chance I'll get lucky.
Did tru email you a delay notice? I haven't gotten jack from them. Don't know if this is a good or a bad thing.

I just started thinking about what Retro Studios accomplished with Metroid Prime on the Gamecube, how good it looked and how smooth it ran and all the atmospheric detail and special effects, and what they could do with a Wii U version of Metroid Prime but in HD.

My god.

Linkhero1

Whoever's playing the Yoshi game sucks complete ass, ahahahahaha.

As opposed to sucking what?

I just started thinking about what Retro Studios accomplished with Metroid Prime on the Gamecube, how good it looked and how smooth it ran and all the atmospheric detail and special effects, and what they could do with a Wii U version of Metroid Prime but in HD.

My god.

I would love you NiNs too guys once it comes out. It's going to be a blast.

ToD_

A friend just called me, saying he went to a Target nearby. They told him there hasn't been much interest in Wii U's at all, and that we should be fine if just get there early to pick one up. Looks like I'll find myself in line to pick one up early tomorrow morning!

I remember hating NintendoLand when it was shown on stage at E3
that game sure has slapped me upside the head cannot wait for tomorrow morning.

I need to go to bed soon maybe I can knock 8 hours off my wait time

Linkhero1

I remember hating NintendoLand when it was shown on stage at E3
that game sure has slapped me upside the head cannot wait for tomorrow morning.

I need to go to bed soon maybe I can knock 8 hours off my wait time

You were not the only one. I mean, we all kind of expecting them to go out with a bang at E3 and all we got was Nintendoland. It's understandable that we were all angry back then. From the looks of all the gameplay, it's going to be a nice party game.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Noooo :( I was planning on buying a bunch of virtual console games over time for my Wii U, and I just looked on wiki, and it says all the Donkey Kong Country games were delisted yesterday. What kind of crap is that? I was so gonna buy those
Delisting Wii Virtual Console games? Megaton.

Maybe DKC's been moved over to being a Wii U Virtual Console game?

Maaseru

Banned
Just got an email from TRU saying it will be ready for pickup tomorrow at 8 AM. I was sweating it for a bit there.
I got an email from TRU saying my preorder experienced some delays so I'm not getting it tomorrow, hopefully before Wednesday.

Any word on the TRU.com preorders?

Tim-E

My god.

Gimme dat Metroid Prime 4. Make it more like Metroid Prime than Metroid Prime 2 or 3, please.

I am not one of the haters of the Yoshi game, I think some are being closeminded because it is nothing at all to look at.

Not the most exciting of the games but it seems clever.

You were not the only one. I mean, we all kind of expecting them to go out with a bang at E3 and all we got was Nintendoland. It's understandable that we were all angry back then. From the looks of all the gameplay, it's going to be a nice party game.

yeah it looks like a very solid title, single player looks okay too but the fun is with a good Party
(4everAloneGaf T_T)

Linkhero1

I am not one of the haters of the Yoshi game, I think some are being closeminded because it is nothing at all to look at.

Seems like it will be the least fun next to the F-Zero game.

yeah it looks like a very solid title, single player looks okay too but the fun is with a good Party
(4everAloneGaf T_T)

Don't worry. I'm sure the next iteration will have some sort of online play ;D

Any updates or info on Toys R Us preorders?

I preordered both online and at the store back in september, but I got an email saying the store would not or have not received their Wii U shipments so no Nov 18.

Any news on other stores and better yet any news on the ToysRUs.com preorders?

Man. Not sure what happened with TRU. I'm really worried about my preorder there now. They haven't called or anything here in Toronto to say that my system has been delayed though.

Downhome

I think it'll be fun, although it does remind me of something that easily could have been one of the minigames from the Mario 64 DS release. It would have fit right in. That's not really a bad thing, I had plenty of fun with all of those, but still. That's what this one feels like to me.

Hoodbury

Just got home from Best Buy with my Deluxe edition Wii U. They didn't have Mario for sale yet so I'm stuck with Nintendo Land until tomorrow though and then hopefully I'll get Blops II and ACIII from Newegg soon next week.

Gonna go plug her in now. :) :) :)

I think it'll be fun, although it does remind me of something that easily could have been one of the minigames from the Mario 64 DS release. It would have fit right in. That's not really a bad thing, I had plenty of fun with all of those, but still. That's what this one feels like to me.

What I wouldn't do for another "Where's Waldo Mario Faces" minigame like on Mario DS.

I was addicted to that game and got to the point where I tried losing on purpose as I was playing for hours and couldn't lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom