• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from Best Buy with my Deluxe edition Wii U. They didn't have Mario for sale yet so I'm stuck with Nintendo Land until tomorrow though and then hopefully I'll get Blops II and ACIII from Newegg soon next week.

Gonna go plug her in now. :) :) :)

Why didn't you just go ahead and get your $25 gift card while you were already there?

kinggroin

Banned
Where is this link? I tried the one a couple pages back but it just says no videos available on this channel....

I'm on an iPad if that means anything. Is it using flash?

bluehat9

Called gamestop, actually got someone who had information (said he was the manager who was opening tomorrow). He said I was good to go and that they were opening an hour earlier (10am).

Then right after I hung up I got the two pre-recorded calls telling me to go pick up the system and Mario tomorrow.

Just got home from Best Buy with my Deluxe edition Wii U. They didn't have Mario for sale yet so I'm stuck with Nintendo Land until tomorrow though and then hopefully I'll get Blops II and ACIII from Newegg soon next week.

Gonna go plug her in now. :) :) :)

get ready for a call :)

TriGen

GS just texted me. It says "your Wii U pre-order will be available AM." It would have been nice if they speciffed what time in the AM, but hey, I knew they wouldn't be open at midnight so I'll take the confirmation that I got one waiting for me if I can't grab one at midnight.

Lucent

I just randomly thought about how perfect the gamepad could be for another Fatal Frame game. Gamepad is the camera.

Linkhero1

I'm going to go to Target and see if I can pick up a Wii U before Gamestop opens. If I can get the deluxe then I'll cancel my GS one.

Downhome

Nintendo Fines will be thousand times more than $25 lol

Yeah really.

It's Best Buy, screw them as hard as you can. Milk it for all it's worth. Tell them if they give you a $500 or $1000 gift card you will bring back the system if they give it back to you free of charge on top of gift cards.

bonesquad

A friend just called me, saying he went to a Target nearby. They told him there hasn't been much interest in Wii U's at all, and that we should be fine if just get there early to pick one up. Looks like I'll find myself in line to pick one up early tomorrow morning!

Not that it means much because this time I'm guessing it is true, but someone at Target told me the same thing the day before the Wii launch. They actually said anytime before noon and I'd be fine:) Yet a few hours later people started lining up, and by 4 hours before opening all the systems were accounted for. I know the same guy who told me they had plenty told at least the mom next to me the same, and I always wondered what happened when she showed up that morning to get a Wii for her kids:(

Linkhero1

Yeah really.

It's Best Buy, screw them as hard as you can. Milk it for all it's worth. Tell them if they give you a $500 or $1000 gift card you will bring back the system if they give it back to you free of charge on top of gift cards.

They can screw him over in the process without him realizing it. It's better not to take the risk.

Codeblue

Yeah really.

That sounds like a great way to get $500 then come back to find a disgruntled employee accidentally sold your order.

Gomu Gomu

Uh.... stream got REALLY weird.
s865L.png

ToD_

Not that it means much because this time I'm guessing it is true, but someone at Target told me the same thing the day before the Wii launch. They actually said anytime before noon and I'd be fine:) Yet a few hours later people started lining up, and by 4 hours before opening all the systems were accounted for. I know the same guy who told me they had plenty told at least the mom next to me the same, and I always wondered what happened when she showed up that morning to get a Wii for her kids:(

Hopefully that won't be the case for me. Regardless, I will make sure to be there before they open. I get the impression that I'll be fine as long as I beat the crowd.

you know this stream was much better 12 hours ago before the 4chan thing started
last night this was pure gaming fun. Now I am not sure wtf is going on

newsguy

I have been loosely following the Wii U launch, I know it controls the TV and system. Any news yet if it's going to control receivers? I'm not terribly interested in one, but if I had a touchscreen remote that turned on my Comcast DVR, TV and receiver, then it's a $350 all in one remote that also plays games. That would make me go to Best Buy tonight.

I have been loosely following the Wii U launch, I know it controls the TV and system. Any news yet if it's going to control receivers? I'm not terribly interested in one, but if I had a touchscreen remote that turned on my Comcast DVR, TV and receiver, then it's a $350 all in one remote that also plays games. That would make me go to Best Buy tonight.

I'm pretty sure it's just TVs and cable boxes, not receivers. I'm not 100% sure though.

Tim-E

I've wondered how it would interact with your existing cable subscription (if at all), too. I've been too lazy to look around, figuring I'll look into it when I get it.

TriGen

GameStop stopped the countdown timer on their Wii U page and it says the Wii U is available now. Quick! Everyone harass your local GameStop. lol

HylianTom

Banned
Hey!

If it's what it takes for them to release a new F-Zero game then I'll take the minigame, shit or not.

HEY! Yes, I'm freaking out here - it's almost time!

The minigame's music a cruel kind of tease. Makes me want to get out GX and remind myself of how very rusty I am. :)

Linkhero1

HEY! Yes, I'm freaking out here - it's almost time!

The minigame's music a cruel kind of tease. Makes me want to get out GX and remind myself of how very rusty I am. :)

I was wondering where you went. Haven't seen you since the good old speculation threads.

The music is a great tease. I should do the same since I haven't touched it in a year or so :p

Ok, I am probably done watching the stream but my conclusion is:

If you don't like the Animal Crossing minigame, you're an asshole.

I think it looks pretty neat. Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

HylianTom

Banned
I was wondering where you went. Haven't seen you since the good old speculation threads.

The music is a great tease. I should do the same since I haven't touched it in a year or so :p

I think it looks pretty neat. Tomorrow can't come any sooner.

I've been here the whole time watching over things. Just working a LOT more overtime (a co-worker broke his spine at L1, so I've been at the hospital on average 60+ hours per week), obsessing over politics, and busy shopping for a new motorbike (signed the paperwork just about an hour ago). But the Nintendo obsession remains as strong as ever, muahaha!

I'm pretty sure it's just TVs and cable boxes, not receivers. I'm not 100% sure though.

We don't know either way, Nintendo hasn't gone into the details of the TVii remote functionality, and they have an embargo on review sites talking about the details until tomorrow. We do know that for cable/satellite, you tell it your zip code and which cable company you have, and it uses that to figure out what kind of box you have and what channels you might have, but aside from that and the fact that the remote has volume and channel buttons and an input button, we don't know anything about how it controls stuff.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I've been here the whole time watching over things. Just working a LOT more overtime (a co-worker broke his spine at L1, so I've been at the hospital on average 60+ hours per week), obsessing over politics, and busy shopping for a new motorbike (signed the paperwork just about an hour ago). But the Nintendo obsession remains as strong as ever, muahaha!
dont forget to add WUST members Tom =}

Linkhero1

Sounds like a lot has happened since E3 :p

Don't forget to add all of us to your NiN account :D

tkscz

Gamestop just text me. My Nintendo Wii U order is avail Sun AM. 30% bonus credit on my trades to reduce price.

Now if they can send me that in english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom