• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code Breaker would have been better if it had bern faithful to the manga and longer. I really wanted fussy lunchbox senpai animated as well as Code:Emperor. Still was a good 13 episode anime but as a loyal manga reader and fan I wanted more

Space Dandy 21

Dang, what an episode. I don't know what to feels

tumblr_nvukeo9ppN1solfhro1_540.gif

One of my favorite episodes of anime ever.

Did the code breaker Anime ever reach the point where the Manga had everybody turn into a dragon Ball z character of 'ha well good thing I had a trump card'

"well I knew you had that so I haven't revealed my ultimate form'

'and I knew you'd do that so I'll reveal mine'

Mailbox

Did the code breaker Anime ever reach the point where the Manga had everybody turn into a dragon Ball z character of 'ha well good thing I had a trump card'

Wait, It turns into Bleach?

You mean Bleach Syndrome :p
Edit: lol bleach has a bad rap

NomarTyme

Ace of Diamond S2 51
CerZSKHXEAAr2OD.jpg

See you in a couple of years when Act 2 has enough chapters to have an anime series.

Cannot fucking believe it's was over. Good god I did not realize it was over. Fucking shit.... I'm depressed now. One of the best baseball anime I ever watched.

Greenshot is another program you might wanna try.

Ajin 11

This show might have been worth watching only for this moment. Seeing Jiraiya Satou blow up
a skyscraper, with him on the roof, only to have it fall down on his real target
is so stupid it becomes awesome instead. I think I prefer it to manga version of events.

I dunno I thought the
plane crash
in the manga was crazier since it's something that the police couldn't remotely imagine let alone plan a defense for. It seemed more audacious. I can see why they would change it due to
obvious comparisons to 9/11.
I can't wait for the next episode because it has one of the best scenes in the series. Satou is great.
It's a shame people overlook Ajin because of the 3DCG and low framerate animation for the character scenes. It takes a bit to get used to, but the action scenes such as
Satou's gunfight in the hospital while dodging tranquilizer darts
look really nice and make good use of a dynamic camera and slow motion that would be harder to execute well in 2D.

Cornbread78

Hmmm. The name is familiar but I'll try it after I'm done with this.

It's got a drama underbelly, (which is really good though) but the baseball aspect is still excellent.

Yeah, and
Eri's arc
is fucking long enough to be a S2 on it's own.
Actually no! You haven't met
the actual childhood friend Eri
yet.

It wasn't my favorite anime, but it was a lot of fun, (minus to loli girl) and a fun second season could be really good, but it sounds like it'll be awhile if they were going to do it.

Elfen Lied ep1
I need a hug, Nyu. What have I done, Nyu? What did I just watch? That was bloody as heck and then we get a moe girl out of it? This should be an interesting watch.

Elfen Lied ep.2-3
This is some really "edgy" & messed up stuff, lol. Nyu completely fucked up that douchebag soldier when he was chasing her around. The MC is kind of retarded and that "childhood friend" is already dead. There's no way she lives and if she does, she getting kicked to the curb by Nyu before she dies or the homeless girl. Why did they want to cut off his balls anyway? That was a little confusing... Was it that they didn't want him to knock up one of the girls by accident through their antenna? This is gonna be a nasty ending, isn't it?

Why would you do this to yourself? Did you make a deal with the devil?

Mailbox

Elfin Lied was one of the first anime I watched all the way through.

I don't hate it, but I acknowledge its flaws.

Still better than Brynhildr (mostly)

The only thing I really liked from Elfen Lied is the intro song. The rest was pretty dumb plot wise.

Also Space Dandy 24, I think I got a grasp of the concept of warping. Still have feels from ep 21 though. Will finish the series tomorrow.

I think Elfen Lied is a pretty awful show. But it does have one thing in the first episode that I found morbidly hilarious.

They start to introduce this annoying awkward clumsy girl, a girl who looks like she's gonna be the boring main lead.

And then she has her head torn off almost immediately.

Line_HTX

Although I still need some more episodes to finish the series I feel like this would have been a perfect final episode. Such a good episode. Lol episode 22 is funky, but at least I now know that dandy has pionium energy to destroy universes.

Dance to dat funky ending, yeah!

21 blew me away, and the whole Toonami thread too. I can never forget coming back from commercial and into that guitar with the eerie echoy voice. Also, that Gregorian chant in the beginning talking about life and death.

Thoraxes

So I started Haikyū!! on a whim the other day and can't put it down once I get home from work. I just sit there for a solid 2-3 hours and just binge cause it's so much fun. I should be starting season 2 in a day or so depending on work.

I've never been a big sports anime fan, but if the shows coming out now are this enjoyable maybe I owe it to myself to watch more.

duckroll

So I started Haikyū!! on a whim the other day and can't put it down once I get home from work. I just sit there for a solid 2-3 hours and just binge cause it's so much fun. I should be starting season 2 in a day or so depending on work.

I've never been a big sports anime fan, but if the shows coming out now are this enjoyable maybe I owe it to myself to watch more.

Slow down dude. S3 only starts in October!

zulux21

Woooo, there's going to be a season 3?! I'm really looking forward to that now!

Also how about Baby Steps and Yowamushi Pedal? Are those any good?

I like baby steps, but it seems like it might be dead.
season 2 wraps up well enough, but there hasn't been a season 3 annoucment and the manga barely gets updated in english :(

been on the same match since nov 2014 >.<;

actually I think it just recently ended the match a month or two ago, but still, you get about 1 chapter a month on average for a weekly series.

brawly

Watched Mirai Nikki in my ban-time and it had a great start, a mediocre self-repeating half and had me scratching my head at episode 19. That episode felt like an abriged version of the anime.
It had a JoJo feel to it, the diaries being similar to stands but it just squashed it all away for no reason.

@Thoraxes watch Ace of Diamond

TUSR

Banned

Thoraxes

I like baby steps, but it seems like it might be dead.
season 2 wraps up well enough, but there hasn't been a season 3 annoucment and the manga barely gets updated in english :(

been on the same match since nov 2014 >.<;

actually I think it just recently ended the match a month or two ago, but still, you get about 1 chapter a month on average for a weekly series.
Dang, that's a shame about the manga. I'll definitely give it a watch though then!
@Thoraxes watch Ace of Diamond

Putting it on my list now!
It's one of the funniest things I've seen and one of a handful of anime comedies that didn't start feeling formulaic and stale halfway through.
And don't forget the best part: Chiaki Omigawa voices the main character!

4233_ee8frfuub.jpeg

Looking today at the next season, what to watch, and all that.

-Jojo. More jojo.
-Flying Witch. SoL, manga was decent.
hahhah I had written witcher by mistake
-Bungou Stray Dogs. Anichart says seinen, let's see. Should look ok, with Bones doing it.
-Joker game. Mmm Production IG, historical, military, seinen? All interesting tags.
-Kiznaiver. I suppose I will give it a chance to the Trigger guys.
-Koutetsujou no Kabaneri. Looks nice, setting is pseudo original, interested in seeing in where this not-AoT will go.
-Sakamoto desu ga?. Manga is swag/10.

Thoraxes

Arakawa Under the Bridge
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei S1
Love Lab
D-Frag
Hataraku Mao-sama
Soredemo Machi Wa Matteiru

Soredemo on crunchy is just manga and animated (!?) manga last I checked.

Soredemo blurays are hitting in June via Sentai.

I would wager they probably have a streaming plan for it around that time as well.

Quasar

Sölf;199600832 said:
All this Sucker Punch hate. I liked that one. I also liked BvS, which I saw yesterday. You guys. :(

I'll admit I've liked basically everything I've seen of Snyders (admittedly I'd rate them all 2.5 to 3 stars). Haven't seen Sucker Punch though.

Narag

Sölf;199600832 said:
All this Sucker Punch hate. I liked that one. I also liked BvS, which I saw yesterday. You guys. :(

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with liking his work. I really liked 300 and Watchmen but I'm not going to pretend they're anything more profound than pop culture pap nor am I going to worry about what people think of me for liking some dumb shit when they're more often than not putting something equally vapid on a pedestal.

Qurupeke

English title is And Yet The Town Moves and not The World Is Beautiful just to clear up any confusion.
Wow, I thought they were the same show. I wanted to watch the first one because of a funny gif with a maid, but I read the description of the second one and it seemed boring, so I bailed out.

I liked Watchmen quite a lot back then and thought to give Sucker Punch at least a try. Alas, it was a pile of trash. Actually, it was the turd hidden beneath that pile of trash. I just ended up skimming through the second half in one minute.

phaze

For Spring, I'm pinning my hopes on Joker Game to be something really decent. Other than that, Uchuu Patrol Luluco and Kagewani: Shou.

+ Kiznaiver and Kabaneri, probably to completion, unless it turns really bad. I'll probably end up watching Jojo too though what I've seen of the manga doesn't fill me with much belief that it'll be much superior to SC.

Will probably skip Boku no Hero, unless it turns Bones is going all out on the animation front for it.

Bungou Stray Dogs and Sakamoto will get checked out if the early impressions will warrant it.

pbayne

Looking at next season and shit its looking good on paper. Outside the obvious im actually looking forward to superlovers as the manga seems really highly rated and DJ Tonkatsu looks really fun.

And i have an eye on concrete revolutio. Im still wary of starting it just because i saw how weirdly structured and ambitious its story was going to be and thought "either this will be amazing or fall on its face". Season one seems to have been well received so i hope that continues to be true.

Narag

I think you'll have an idea whether or not the second season of ConRevo will succeed if it follows through on the promises made in the first cour early on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom