• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.
tokyopop version was the shit. there was a brief period when tokyopop folded and the only versions coming out where these absolutely horrendous international english versions out of singapore or something.

nowadays they only do three volume compilation books which are awks as fuck to hold/read

Haha what, they did that? Any comparison images between the versions?

Yeah the manga was really high quality. They did a good job on Chobits too IIRC. Shout out to Barnes and Noble for letting me hang out and read all of Chobits for free.

Finished Space Dandy. Fantastic series. I wish I could have seen more about Limbo though. Also the 4D girlfriend was cool.

Now you can join me in waiting for a movie!

giphy.gif

duckroll

Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV - Episode 1

From the director of Scrapped Princess and Chaika, and the studio behind Sword Art Online, comes.... something boring and bland.

Meh.

Chindogg

So someone apparently wrote up a plot summary of Volume 2 and
Volume 1 does not take place in a dream reality. Volume 2 takes place in an alternate universe where Haruhiko loses against the LN's equivalent of Enigma which is why its so edgy. Original Haruhiko is eventually brought into the alternate world and has to fuse with his alternate self in order to return. He goes missing in Volume 3 and there's no time travel involved.
Full details here:
http://pastebin.com/Z2W3UTw2

Sounds kinda bad if it is real. Oh and here are the character designs for the Volume 3 characters

This sounds terrible and amazing. Add the harem elements from season 1 and you have genuine harem trash.

Pooya

Those robot soldiers move like a living human in the game, they actually looked like robots in this...in a bad way.

Defuser

Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV - Episode 1

Lets see...they ride a car, eats burgers and fries, ride a car, eat more food, ride a car and then they battle......god I hope the actual game won't be like that.

Volume 1 does not take place in a dream reality. Volume 2 takes place in an alternate universe where Haruhiko loses against the LN's equivalent of Enigma which is why its so edgy. Original Haruhiko is eventually brought into the alternate world and has to fuse with his alternate self in order to return. He goes missing in Volume 3 and there's no time travel involved.
Full details here:

Sounds kinda bad if it is real. Oh and here are the character designs for the Volume 3 characters

Glad KyoAni cut all that stuff out. Series works better as a phantom-of-the-week deal as well as exploring human and phantom coexistence.

Qurupeke

Full details here:

and Reina is bleeding blood from her eyes from sucking too much

I'm like wtf I'm reading. The whole thing seems like a step above your usual edginess.

duckroll

BROTHERHOOD FINAL FANTASY XV - Episode 1

Hopefully its sold separately so I dont have to give Square Enix 260$ for it :(

You won't have to:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingsglaive/#product

They will be releasing video only products for FFXV in Japan, so there should be a US release too.

The FFXV Film Collections Box is 12000yen and includes Kingsglaive (EN/JP audio, JP subs), Brotherhood (JP audio, EN subs), 2 bonus BDs with staff interviews and behind the scenes stuff for Kingsglaive, a full color booklet with artwork and design materials, etc. Both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood will also have Japanese audio commentaries.

They are also releasing both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood individually. Kingsglaive is BD only and costs 4800yen. Brotherhood will be on BD (4000yen) and DVD (3000yen).

There is a personal responsibility that Kiku seems to feel for the entire situation. He could have prevented Sukeroku from walking down a path that led him away from rakugo. Instead, the inattention paid to two parties that were closer and dearer to him than he realized tangled two self-destructive parties around one another. Not only is he bearing the weight of rakugo's future mostly alone, but in his effort to refine his craft he's lost those that served as his muse.

Miyokichi seemed to help draw Kiku back to his roots of working in a geisha environment in a way that established his leaning towards a smoother and more seductive tone. Sukeroku had some say here as well, but his brash style of rakugo and intense connection with crowds pushed Kiku to work tirelessly improving. It is only in the absence of these parties does Kiku realize just how much these people meant to him, even if his life revolved around rakugo.

Most of what happens in episode twelve strikes me as an attempt to turn back the events that drove these parties away. That means showing an undying support for getting Sukeroku on stage, as well as accepting Miyokichi sexually. Unfortunately, the damage has already been done, and Sukeroku and Miyokichi have a relationship that stands at odds with things going back to the way they were. Konatsu is proof of that. At this point, even if Kiku wants to take away their sadness, which we see visualized through him drinking up tears, there's too much pain for the story to be anything other than a tragedy.
First of all, excellent analysis and I agree with most of your points on the series as a whole. However, my main problem with the scene in question is I never saw Kiku as a sexual being. In most scenes between Kiku and Miyokichi, Kiku is actively pushing her away. Almost as if he is repulsed by her presence. It's a stark contrast between his relationship he had with the women in an earlier episode where he enjoyed her company and was genuinely upset after she left. Perhaps his previous relationship is the reason for his cold nature towards Miyokichi. He has been burned once and doesn't wish to feel that same pain. If that is the reason for his apprehension for Miyokichi and he did in fact love her I could see how all that pent up emotion could lead to that moment of lust.

Line_HTX

Finished Space Dandy. Fantastic series. I wish I could have seen more about Limbo though. Also the 4D girlfriend was cool.

I would've loved to have seen a multiple episode on one planet just for Limbo. That was too perfect to be contained in one.

Oh God, I'm suddenly reminded of the possibility of a Dimension W girlfriend with Dandy, lol

Line_HTX

Is there anything next season that's going to be a Pile of Poo like Phantom World? I like some guilty pleasures to balance the awesomeness like Concrete Revolutio S2.

jgminto

That Final Fantasy thing is pretty dull but that's no surprise for a video game adaptation. At least it's not for something I care about like the mediocre Persona 3 films and everything else SMT.

I read some of the manga a while back and I definitely don't remember it being this ridiculous. Although I suppose the fact that I could read through it a lot faster than the show goes and the lack of an overly dramatic soundtrack really alleviated that lol.

Sölf

Is there anything next season that's going to be a Pile of Poo like Phantom World? I like some guilty pleasures to balance the awesomeness like Concrete Revolutio S2.

There is your answer. :p

Let's see if S2 is actually somewhat good, unlike the first.

Sölf

Shinsekai Yori 02-03
I still have no idea what exactly is going on, but I still like the setting. Seems we are in a postapocalyptic world (which... I could have guesses after EP 1, but it was never explicitly stated and it felt more like a fantasy world than anything else). Also give me 970 petabyte please, would save me all kinds of trouble.

B Gata H Kei needs more love here. It is a dirty comedy like Galko-Chan (OK, a leap above), but it is hilarious till the very end:

It really does, funny show and I guess depending on the person watching you can get some great relatable humour/cringe from it.

I've always been meaning to check out the manga to see what happens after.

Cornbread78

Kimi ni Todoke 3-4

Good lord the forced drama is strong in this one.

So many misunderstandings that you want to scream. There are some very cute moments, but my goodness I'm lucky I didn't throw myself off a bridge in the process. Still a decent watch though.

Hundred and Netoge no Yome.
Potentially Big Order and ReZero as well.

You won't have to:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingsglaive/#product

They will be releasing video only products for FFXV in Japan, so there should be a US release too.

The FFXV Film Collections Box is 12000yen and includes Kingsglaive (EN/JP audio, JP subs), Brotherhood (JP audio, EN subs), 2 bonus BDs with staff interviews and behind the scenes stuff for Kingsglaive, a full color booklet with artwork and design materials, etc. Both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood will also have Japanese audio commentaries.

They are also releasing both Kingsglaive and Brotherhood individually. Kingsglaive is BD only and costs 4800yen. Brotherhood will be on BD (4000yen) and DVD (3000yen).
Oh yes awesome. Guess ill keep reloading square enix store for the bd.

B Gata H Kei needs more love here. It is a dirty comedy like Galko-Chan (OK, a leap above), but it is hilarious till the very end:

1ikgAnh.gif
Bought it on a blind buy this fall and it was great. Really underrated series. The rich girl was the only character I didn't really like.
Also anyone know if Ace Attorney has been picked up for streaming anywhere?

Cornbread78

Final Fantasy "Brotherhood" ep.1
W8WlBII.png
OA7POHt.png

OK, I'm digging this. You can tell even by the anime that this is going to be a much darker FF story, much like Type-0. If nothing else, they did a pretty good job showing the tone through the anime. The animation did look like something on Konosuba's level, rather than something made by Kyoni, but it wasn't horrible and distracting either. The battle scenes were nice with the bros, so we'll see how the rest of these go. On the game front, man, between this and Star Ocean, goodbye real world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom