• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox journalist Jez Corden makes fun of Shigeru Miyamoto

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
hes-right-you-0b95205de6.jpg

Ozriel

M$FT
It's not Nintendo's fault people think their games are actually worth buying, let alone worth buying at full price even if several years old, by the order of millions.

That's what long-term consistent quality and valuation of your own brand's worth gets you. Microsoft never learned that lesson, until maybe now. And, that still remains to be seen, not to mention it's far too late for Xbox as a console to benefit from having learned it.

There’s literally a thread in the main page filled with Gaffers complaining about the $60 price for an upscaled Wii Donkey Kong game.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Their games are absolutely worth buying, for the most part. None of that prevents anyone from making jokes at how long it takes for their games to go on sale, or when upscaled ports are priced higher than expected.

Last edited:
Won't somebody think of these poor world famous legendary game designers who probably don't even look at social media because they're far too busy for bullshit like this and defend them on some internet forum because a random fat guy made a boring joke?!

Fbh

Gold Member
Oh no, the horror.
Will Miyamoto ever be able to recover from this?

I better go buy 5 full priced copies of a low effort port from a 14 years old game to ensure Nintendo can survive this !!!!

mitch1971

Gold Member
Taking offence on behalf of someone you don't know, will probably never meet, who doesn't know you exist.

Just give me gold and be done with it.

VAVA Mk2

I'm enjoying the Summer Sale and like Nintendo but he has a point...paying full price for games released in 2017 or 2018 is bullshit. Jez sucks BTW.

Zathalus

Why’s he used Miyamoto’s handle then instead of Nintendo’s ya doofus?
Because it’s a joke?
What provoked Jizz Cordon to suddenly make a statement about it at all? Everyone already knows this about Nintendo, and many millions have absolutely no issue with it going by their sales numbers.

People will pay for quality, it's that simple.
What ‘provoked’ him was the start of the Steam Summer sale. To make a silly joke. That’s it.

Man, some of you really need to step back from console wars.

If some of you would leave that twitter shit were it belongs, we'd have half as many crappy new threads every day.
But some morons just think they need to make a new thread for the stupidest things. Especially the "someone on twitter said a thing" threads.
Makes you as much an attention whore like Jez.

Three

786120c7-a2d6-47c7-8677-8246f622ca9a_nyUIc1Su-400x400.jpeg
Stop looking at all these Nintendo games
786120c7-a2d6-47c7-8677-8246f622ca9a_nyUIc1Su-400x400.jpeg
Buy Redfall for $70

If only I had learnt this comedy sooner. Missed joke about MS' price increase there Jez.

Top Bottom