• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Good price, unfortunately not my kind of game. I call that the "Braid Rule" when it comes to indies or digital games lol.
I've been watching someone stream it. The backwards levels look like they would piss me off but it certainly looks worth $4.

This is why I don't get the cry for demos by the way...I'm perfectly fine watching the top streamers via the store pages

Flux

I've been watching someone stream it. The backwards levels look like they would piss me off but it certainly looks worth $4.

This is why I don't get the cry for demos by the way...I'm perfectly fine watching the top streamers via the store pages

I've come around on that. I don't have the time to really try demos to figure out if I like a game. I usually read GAF impressions or check out a bit of gameplay from an LP. Playing the game is an experience I like to reserve once I decide to purchase.

I like the simplicity in design for Moon. But I couldnt even handle the puzzles in Pneuma (GWG). I do like that it appears there is no rule for pricing as more and more games are coming out at the "odd" intervals rather than the trend of: F2P, $5-10-15 or retail.

zorbsie

I flip flop on the stream/demo options. For certain games I can tell right away that I want to play it from a stream. Others more involved games I need to play it first. Car games for example, if they don't feel right for me it's a bad game. And the only way to know that is to play it.

Got a preview code for Dungeon of the Endless. It releases in January 2016. People are free to stream it though, so I'll try and do that in the next couple of days :)

eastx

Is the Goosebumps game any good?

Goosebumps looks like a Shadowgate clone and comes from Wayforward Studios. Not sure I enjoy that particular type of adventure game, but Wayforward usually turns in good clones. Wish I'd played it so I could provide better impressions.

DagsJT

I don't get these Xbox rewards. I go to the Vintage tab and there's 193 Play2Earn avatar items still left. I click to "Gimme" and it says it's already been taken ... despite it saying there's 193 left.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That was reeeeaaaaally dumb.

1) Email EVERYONE days in advance.
2) State a time and take hours after that time to launch, building up the people F5ing.
3) Site slows to a crawl, taking a full minute for one refresh, sane people decide to come back later.
4) Goes up and everything is gone in like 5 minutes.

How does anyone putting together a giveaway so big not realize that a raffle is more fun for all involved?

zorbsie

Missed the giveaway. Didn't realize it was going to work like that. Kind of a bummer. Will there be more tomorrow or was that it?

Vert boil

Released today,

Ark: Survival Evolved (Game Preview) - 35$, 25GB.

Battle High 2 A+ - 5$, 656MB.

-----
Smite is having a promo over the next seven days.

http://www.smitegame.com/7-days-of-saturnalia/

From Wednesday, December 16th to Tuesday, December 22nd, take part in the 7 Days of Saturnalia! Enjoy free Gems, daily Pantheon sales, & 2x Experience/Worshipers all week long on both PC & Xbox!

Earn 40 free Gems for the First Win of the Day each day of the event (1 per day). That means you could earn up to 280 Gems during Saturnalia by winning 1 match a day! Also, earn Double XP & Worshipers on all games played from December 16th – 22nd.

Gods and voice packs will also be on sale.

-----
Oxenfree is coming out Jan 15th.

Site - Trailer

Oynox

What do you think, will there be an additional discount on Star Wars Battlefront during the holiday sale? I would like to buy the game, but not this week.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
https://www.offgamers.com/game-card/consoles/xbox-live-gift-card-br

10 real = £1.72 per google = £1.93 there
50 real = £8.58 per google = £9.19

About £1 mark up total for the codes there, pretty decent tbh
Yeah offgamers are great, how much is it in BRR? Worth getting either way, £14.14 altogether for me can't complain
What do you think, will there be an additional discount on Star Wars Battlefront during the holiday sale? I would like to buy the game, but not this week.
Doubt it

Alx

Are there even good party games on Xbox One ? I'm taking my console with me for the holidays (not something I usually do, but I was asked to), and I'm looking for a game that's fun on local multiplayer, and I don't think I have bought any yet. My brother loved Kung Fu Chaos, for reference.

eastx

Are there even good party games on Xbox One ? I'm taking my console with me for the holidays (not something I usually do, but I was asked to), and I'm looking for a game that's fun on local multiplayer, and I don't think I have bought any yet. My brother loved Kung Fu Chaos, for reference.

Try Starwhal, Toto Temple Deluxe, Clusterpuck, Extreme Exorcism, and No Time to Explain. Super Coin Squad is alright, but kind of limited in multiplayer features. Beach Buggy Racing is good for local multiplayer, though not really a party game.

Also, Jackbox Party Pack 1 and 2 (or just Quiplash and/or Fibbage) are great trivia-ish games that anyone can play with their phones or tablets.

I thought Orbit, Overruled, and SlashDash were bad. Knight Squad is not bad, but I didn't like it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I wish we had another Kung Fu Chaos, I really liked it too, lol.

Rivals of Aether would be a good suggestion if it hurried up and got on Game Preview already.

I hear Starwhal is suppose to be great.

MAYBE IDARB? If anyone is still playing.

Castle Crashers.

Diablo 3 and Divinity are much longer, not-so-party experiences, but might be fun.

I haven't tried Knight Squad, but it is often compared to wanting to riff off Bomberman...

Maybe Geometry Wars 3?

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds on Back Compat has a 4 player VS mode, but I don't think it'd let you add bots offline? (Don't remember.) Perfect Dark would also work for this, who doesn't like old Goldeneye multiplayer with Peacesims, Daggers, and lots of punching? Battleblock Theater might also be good for this in some ways, also back-compat. There might be some options here, so look through this list too.

And... that's really all I can think of ATM. Everything else is comprised of more long-winded experiences.

Top Bottom