• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Cubot is an gamerscore hunters dream. Cheap and crazy easy for the 1000.

If ypu follow a guide, yes. Otherwise the later level puzzles that requires 20+ right moves are really challenging.

I was trying it by myself, the first 5 levels on each pack are doable fairly quickly yet the puzzles are really great. Two or three levels per pack are really crazy stuff.

eastx

Lol. That cracked me up.

This game sucks, but in case you want to buy it anyway...

Well, while it is not exactly a good game, it is not fair to include a "worst Microsoft published game" just to award it to Screamride. First there should have been a "worst retail game" category, since there are much more retail games worst than Screamride.

Thanks for the feedback, you guys. It's always great to hear specific reactions to articles, especially stuff we put a lot of effort into.

ScreamRide is definitely the odd man out on the list. It is the worst retail game I played in 2015, but I probably only played 20 retail games compared to 50 or so download-only titles.

So many people suggested Deer God as the worst game they played. First time I played it, I got stuck and really disliked it. But when I revisited it for the Worst games story, I had a much better time. I wonder if the developers improved it with a patch, or if it just gets worse farther into the game.

Montresor

Yep, accurately prices at $2 and pretty relaxing yet challenging at the same time. I'm enjoying it

I would've easily paid $5 for this, maybe more (possibly up to $10) depending on how long it takes me to solve Episodes 7 through 10.

Right now I went through the first 6 episodes almost all on my own. I had to spend 8 cubots for a solution in Episode 4. I'm scared of Episode 7, heh.

Montresor

I was going to pass on Cubot but the trailer on the store front instantly sold me. Incredible. It very succinctly describes exactly what the game is about.

Trailers are sorely missing from MANY games' store pages.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone watch that gameplay video of Gigantic? It concerns me. They are obviously playing with kb/m. Shouldn't they be playing with controllers to develop the game they are making for controllers?

Anyone watch that gameplay video of Gigantic? It concerns me. They are obviously playing with kb/m. Shouldn't they be playing with controllers to develop the game they are making for controllers?

Which video?

Also the game is being made for Windows 10 as well so keyboard/mouse makes sense.

It plays perfectly fine with a controller too in my opinion.

So I finally reached level 100 on Gems of War last night. Now I feel... Empty? I have being playing this game for 2 months, clocked it at 90h, and now I have to leave it (otherwise I won't play other games) but I still have stuff to do in game...

theDeeDubs

Man I am hooked on Unepic. It scratches the 2D Souls itch I've had while waiting for Salt and Sanctuary. Unlocking shortcuts and the progression pace hits me just right. I wish there were more of these and less randomized rogue likes out there. Souls really perfected what I always found missing from roguelikes, character building and progression.

Just noticed We Happy Few. Oo that looks cool, looking forward to that.

Anyone here in the EU? I quite like buying small games, often featuring co-op, whereas many of my friends just stick to our Halo/SMITE sessions. That's all well and good, but I'd like some more people to play minor releases with/message about which games are good and that.

Doesn't have to be EU, really :D

Vert boil

Released today,

AssCreed Chronicles: India - 10$, 3.63GB.

The Banner Saga - 20$, 2.18GB.

DLC,

Pinball FX 2
--Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens - 5$
(Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens and Star Wars Pinball: Might of the First Order)

jond76

Banned
Well, finished Gone Home. It was a neat ride(and short). I missed a couple of side letters, but I think I got most everything.

I'm certainly glad it didn't
end like I thought it would.

Alx

A third workout has been added to the Mossa Fight program on Xbox Fitness. Accessible to all gold subscribers.

Sparkle 2 is out on Xbox One January 27th for $7.99 with a 15% launch Gold discount.

Also this was in the PR email which I enjoyed

"Sparkle Unleashed, which is a spin-off of Sparkle 2, was our debut title on Xbox One on June 3rd 2015. And it got an awesome reception! It was the first game of its genre on Xbox One, which probably helped, but man did Xbox One gamers embrace it. We paid several guys' yearly salaries with that single release, which was nice."

http://www.10tons.com/ShowNews/230.html

Montresor

It's puzzle/point-and-click game heaven right now. Damn, what a great time to be a fan of this genre.

Over Christmas break I played through the following:

1) Three Fourths Home Extended Edition: 2/5 rating
2) 6180 the moon: 4/5 rating
3) Minecraft Story Mode: 3.5/5 rating
4) Cubot Simplicity of Complexity: 4/5 rating

Currently playing through:

1) Brothers: 5/5 rating
2) Gone Home: barely played beginning

And I bought these games over Christmas break too to add to my backlog:

1) Nero
2) The Fall
3) QUBE Director's Cut
4) Broken Sword 5
5) Portal Still Alive (BC)
6) Back to the Future
7) King's Quest
8) Book of Unwritten Tales 2

And these imminently releasing games which I will most assuredly purchase:

1) Oxenfree (just released)
2) Unravel
3) A Boy And His Blob
4) Albedo From Outer Space

I was playing through MCC and Rise of the Tomb Raider just before Christmas break, but I don't see myself touching any of those games for the foreseeable future. I'll just be playing puzzle/point-and-click games for awhile, and I'm stoked about that.

I liked Sparkle Unleashed until it resets my progress when I was 10 levels from finishing it (with like 50 hours on it). Doubt I will take the same risk again.

"We paid several guys' yearly salaries with that single release, which was nice."

Reviewers? :p

Top Bottom