• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

theDeeDubs

Just wrapped up all the achievements in Unepic. Blown away by that game. Sadly it gives me the same feeling I get when finishing a souls game. It's hard to get into anything else for a while.

Montresor

Just finished Portal Still Alive on XB1 BC. That's the first BC game I've really played so far. I played the whole game start to finish purely on XB1... without ever touching a 360. It's a cool feeling.

The performance was good and playable. I don't know how the game actually performs on 360. There were some choppy parts in bigger rooms but most of the time the frame rate seemed fine.

The game is incredible. I played it in Orange Box back in the day and I completely forgot how meaty the game gets after the last test chamber. I was pleasantly surprised to see there's still an hour or so of game play once you officially start your escape.

I'm also playing Nero which has nice art style and atmosphere but the game play is pretty bad..... my gosh the controls are horrible. Going from Portal and Gone Home to this is jarring. You can't crouch. There are invisible walls everywhere. You are as slow as a tank. =/

eastx

Just finished Portal Still Alive on XB1 BC. That's the first BC game I've really played so far. I played the whole game start to finish purely on XB1... without ever touching a 360. It's a cool feeling.

How did you beat it? Level 17 or 18 was just about impossible to me, and I checked guides and everything. Some part where you have to create portals and bounce around a bunch in the air - boy it was frustrating. Felt like they designed it for mouse and hadn't rebalanced it for controller input.

Montresor

How did you beat it? Level 17 or 18 was just about impossible to me, and I checked guides and everything. Some part where you have to create portals and bounce around a bunch in the air - boy it was frustrating. Felt like they designed it for mouse and hadn't rebalanced it for controller input.

Well I had already beaten the game via Orange Box on 360, and I played through all of Portal 2 as well on 360 a couple of years ago. So I've had experience with it before and didn't go in blind. I used a couple of guides for certain achievements, but most of those achievements had nothing to do with puzzle solving.

The only two times I used guides for puzzle solving were:

1) The challenge MAP titled "Advanced Test Chamber 13". Could not do it at all without a guide.

2) Solution to beat the challenge MAP "Regular Test Chamber 14" with only 2 portals (for a gold medal).

I agree with you about Level 17/18 - in one of those you had to string together several big vertical drops/jumps. When you get out of a portal sometimes you're facing the wrong way and it's difficult to get your bearings and aim at the next target before you're flying back down.

Chitown B

It's great already, will soonish be out of early access (when story mode comes) and then go up in price substantially. Download it, play it for an hour, then decide if you buy it.

It bothers me that I kickstarted that game yet can't get a code on X1 which is where I want to play it since it has Controller support, where the PC version doesn't.

Chitown B

I'm also playing Nero which has nice art style and atmosphere but the game play is pretty bad..... my gosh the controls are horrible. Going from Portal and Gone Home to this is jarring. You can't crouch. There are invisible walls everywhere. You are as slow as a tank. =/

I bought Nero the day it came out and then immediately requested a refund. I didn't get one.

The frame rate and controls are so sluggish it was making me sick.

Turn-based... Victorian... Steampunk...

take my money

It does not look like a turn-based strategic game but rather a puzzle game. Not a match-3 type of puzzle but a "create a path of gems" type. Remind me of... 4 Seasons? I do not know, but I am in for a good puzzle game after Gems of War.

anything coming up today or tomorrow? I need something new to play ;)

Clckwork Tales (hidden objects game) is coming this Friday.

It does not look like a turn-based strategic game but rather a puzzle game. Not a match-3 type of puzzle but a "create a path of gems" type. Remind me of... 4 Seasons? I do not know, but I am in for a good puzzle game after Gems of War.

Clckwork Tales (hidden objects game) is coming this Friday.

Yeah, I watched the video later, away from work, and was a bit miffed to see it wasn't a turn-based strategy game.

That said, I really like puzzle stuff like that too, so all good.

Vert boil

Released today,

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink - 10$, 787MB.
Trial available (no time limit, trail ends when you leave the first town. Unlocks achievements)

Vert boil

Looks like some kind of hidden item thingy?

Point and click adventure but you don't move a character around. It isn't just a hidden object game, there are a variety of other puzzles as well. It's the same as Artifex Mundi's previous game Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart.

Got 180gs from the trial, seems to be the most you can blag.

jond76

Banned
Does anyone recommend this headset? Budget is around $100 and I want to use my gift card at the Microsoft Store:

Turtle Beach Ear Force XO FOUR Stealth

I used to have the official Microsoft Stereo headset but the mic stopped working so I don't want to buy another one of those.

I literally bought these like 3 hours ago. They sound good and are comfortable. The mic monitoring is great. I've had it cut out for like 10 secs once, but I'm not sure to attribute that to the headset or my controller. I'll give em another day or so and see what's up.

But so far, not bad. Good bass too.

flkraven

I literally bought these like 3 hours ago. They sound good and are comfortable. The mic monitoring is great. I've had it cut out for like 10 secs once, but I'm not sure to attribute that to the headset or my controller. I'll give em another day or so and see what's up.

But so far, not bad. Good bass too.

Great feedback. Please please please come back in a few days or a week with more info. I'd like to get a good idea what I'm in for before purchase.

Forsythia

Bought A Boy and His Blob and I can't even start the fucking game. I can press A into oblivion but it won't get past the "Start your journey!" screen. Hard reset, re-installed, but nothing works.

Bought A Boy and His Blob and I can't even start the fucking game. I can press A into oblivion but it won't get past the "Start your journey!" screen. Hard reset, re-installed, but nothing works.

delete the game save... from both the cloud and hard drive.

Baseball Riot would freeze on me the first time I loaded it when it said to press "A". I deleted the game save and then restarted the game and it worked.

Hope this helps

jond76

Banned
Great feedback. Please please please come back in a few days or a week with more info. I'd like to get a good idea what I'm in for before purchase.

So, after some cracking and popping I returned them. Likely that it was my controller but back it went.

I ended up getting the 500x. Best Buy has them for $149 right now and they review pretty well. Completely wireless, 7.1 surround, multiple EQ settings, mic monitoring.

For $50 more it was a no-brainer.

Forsythia

delete the game save... from both the cloud and hard drive.

Baseball Riot would freeze on me the first time I loaded it when it said to press "A". I deleted the game save and then restarted the game and it worked.

Hope this helps

Thanks, but that didn't help (there wasn't even a save file yet). What worked, though, is plugging in a 2nd controller and signing in with that.

flkraven

So, after some cracking and popping I returned them. Likely that it was my controller but back it went.

I ended up getting the 500x. Best Buy has them for $149 right now and they review pretty well. Completely wireless, 7.1 surround, multiple EQ settings, mic monitoring.

For $50 more it was a no-brainer.

Thanks for the update. Let me know how these ones turn out in a week.

Alx

Is Sniper Elite 3 worth 20€ ? I find the concept of a game based on sniping interesting, but I'm not sure I'll like the gory details like the slow-mo x-ray camera that shows internal damage on your victims...

speedomodel

Is Sniper Elite 3 worth 20€ ? I find the concept of a game based on sniping interesting, but I'm not sure I'll like the gory details like the slow-mo x-ray camera that shows internal damage on your victims...

I love the games. Pretty sure you can turn off the X-Ray killings...check google?

I love the games. Pretty sure you can turn off the X-Ray killings...check google?

In Zombie Army Trilogy you can set the bullet cam frequency to none, minimal, reduced, normal, or increased. You can also separately set it to never show in multiplayer. Since ZAT is a standalone addon/spinoff from Sniper Elite, maybe SE has the same options?

Vert boil

Multiplayer only?, local and/or online?

Supposedly a 30 hour SP story mode, local hotseat MP and they've added network play for the Xbox release (I don't know any specifics about what the network play entails, the store page will list all the details when it goes live.).

I think it was announced for Windows 10 at some point too...any word on that version?

No idea, the blog post announcing the date doesn't mention it.

zorbsie

Any thoughts on Tachyon Project? It's down to $5. Or should I wait for AIPD?

Living dungeon sounds cool, but I'll wait to see if the single player is worth it. Multiplayer only indie games usually means I have no one to play with.

Montresor

Currently playing:

Nero
A Boy And His Blob
Back To The Future

I've already given my thoughts on Nero. I don't like the game at all and I give it a 1/5.

I'm halfway through A Boy And His Blob - I already praised the game in a previous post but damn it's a wonderful puzzle game. I give it 4.5/5 so far.

I finished episode 1 in Back To The Future. I give it a 3.5/5 so far. The game is really rough around the edges but I have to credit this game for having actual puzzles to solve, while these days Telltale games have done away with puzzles altogether.

Any thoughts on Tachyon Project? It's down to $5. Or should I wait for AIPD?

Living dungeon sounds cool, but I'll wait to see if the single player is worth it. Multiplayer only indie games usually means I have no one to play with.

Ive been playing AIPD and was kind of disappointed by it really but its not bad, I'm writing up my impressions of it tomorrow (or Thursday) if you are interested

Top Bottom