• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

Cy-Kill

Neo Member
I have the 2015 Vizio m60. I'm happy to report no display issues with it what so ever. Plays uhd 4k Blu Ray beautifully. Was it all sizes that had issues or just the 65 and 55?

I have the 2015 Vizio m60. I'm happy to report no display issues with it what so ever. Plays uhd 4k Blu Ray beautifully. Was it all sizes that had issues or just the 65 and 55?

I need to know this. I have the 55!

What is the current gamestop trade for the halo edition xbox one?

I'm guessing I should call my GameStop to see if they even have any. If they give me $150 for my fatty XB1 is go trade it in right now

Edit: their site says only $100 trade in. May as well just wait for Scorpio I don't even have a 4K TV yet haha

It's $150 when trading towards a One S.

I don't have a 4k tv either, but I am doing the trade in. The main reason is that the fat XB1 is gonna drop in value really fast. Sell it while it's still worth something.

This is kind of what I'm thinking. On the other hand, I could use the OG One as a secondary console in another room once the Scorpio comes out since I'll only have one 4K set anyway.

Snaku

Banned
I really don't know why I keep reading this thread, it's making the wait for Scorpio unbearable. Gotta stay strong...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm guessing I should call my GameStop to see if they even have any. If they give me $150 for my fatty XB1 is go trade it in right now

Edit: their site says only $100 trade in. May as well just wait for Scorpio I don't even have a 4K TV yet haha
The store itself might offer more. Give them a call. My store offered $200

I got $200 for the console. $25 for the second controller and $35 for the Kinect. $260 total meaning that only $35 plus a $5 gift card to cover the rest. No tax was also a bonus since it was a trade in

No tax either? I think you got lucky on the trade in, but I just assumed there would at least be tax on the remainder that your traded in products didn't cover.

Smokey

I mean....I would imagine that the one of the reasons the 500GB model is selling the best is because people have no need for the added storage when you can easily attach an external drive to it. Don't want to speak for anyone else but I have a 5TB drive attached to my Xbox so paying additional money for the 1TB or even 2TB is money that I could spend on a game like Deus Ex.

I too have a 3TB external HDD, however it requires it's own AC adapter. After getting my system hooked up on my desk yesterday

29093306831_6fb9debae2_b.jpg

I really don't want to ruin with a bulky external HDD. Don't really know where I could place it without looking awkward, but it has tens of games on it :x. Been looking at the Seagate slim 2TB HDD just because I may be able to hide it easier...

etta

my hard graphic balls
I too have a 3TB external HDD, however it requires it's own AC adapter. After getting my system hooked up on my desk yesterday

29093306831_6fb9debae2_b.jpg

I really don't want to ruin with a bulky external HDD. Don't really know where I could place it without looking awkward, but it has tens of games on it :x. Been looking at the Seagate slim 2TB HDD just because I may be able to hide it easier...
Whaaaa eHDD's with their own AC adapters are the best kind. Less chance for corruption if the device it's connected to suddenly loses power.

dcx4610

Got mine today. I was someone defending the white console in a black set up but I do admit, the white looks a little odd in my setup but I'll get used to it.

The system is definitely a lot smaller than I thought it would be in person and everything else seems perfect. Definitely one of the nicest looking system designs in years.

The system is just as quiet as the old Xbox One which is an achievement. The Blu-ray drive is still loud when installing games but that's to be expected.

I don't have a 4k TV yet but that's next.

So I've been reinstalling some games onto my new console and it has stopped asking me if I would like to update the game when it first starts. This is problematic for games like Halo 5 or any backwards compatible title that will stop installation unless you download it with the update. Any fixes for this?

I'd really like one of the 500GB models but I just know there will be a black model out by Christmas. Do you think we'll see one by the end of the year?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I've been reinstalling some games onto my new console and it has stopped asking me if I would like to update the game when it first starts. This is problematic for games like Halo 5 or any backwards compatible title that will stop installation unless you download it with the update. Any fixes for this?

You installing from disk or digitally?
I've been going digital now that I have 2 TB and I just queue up the download remotely and check back in a few hours when it's done doing it's thing.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I know, I'm just speaking on aesthetics here.

Get one of these bad boys in the below pictures, the one with the aluminium shell looks quite great (WD My Book Studio).

I've got mine this morning and been playing with it for the past six hours. It looks absolutely phenomenal, a truly epic design. The white color is really great as well, both the console and controller look fantastic in white. The unboxing was very Apple-like, the controller feels much improved to me. The grips feel a little nicer than Dualshock 4's grips, less nicer than rubber ones of course but still pretty grippy. I like how the matte plastic face of the controller extends further now, it has a nice design at the top there around the home button. The dashboard feels a little faster but that could be placebo. I've only played some Deus Ex: MD and FIFA 16, but I'm eager to test games that had some mild fps drops to see if it holds 30 better.

Footos22

Get one of these bad boys in the below pictures, the one with the aluminium shell looks quite great (WD My Book Studio).

I've got mine this morning and been playing with it for the past six hours. It looks absolutely phenomenal, a truly epic design. The white color is really great as well, both the console and controller look fantastic in white. The unboxing was very Apple-like, the controller feels much improved to me. The grips feel a little nicer than Dualshock 4's grips, less nicer than rubber ones of course but still pretty grippy. I like how the matte plastic face of the controller extends further now, it has a nice design at the top there around the home button. The dashboard feels a little faster but that could be placebo. I've only played some Deus Ex: MD and FIFA 16, but I'm eager to test games that had some mild fps drops to see if it holds 30 better.

Are those sad tissues or happy tissues?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Are those sad tissues or happy tissues?
They're general purpose tissues. For whatever need may arise :p.

Btw I didn't get Sunset Overdrive today, I got it a few days ago, but I threw it in there because I always wanted that white Sunset Overdrive bundle but couldn't justify it. Also I've been wanting to get a physical version of the game for a while now, that art work is pure greatness.

Please do. I would love to hear your results.
I also have the issue with my Roku 4 as well.

I'm happy to report no problems. I've used the media player, Netflix, youtube, vudu, and watched the BvS fight on the UHD player. I noticed in settings that I could change from 8 bit to 10 bit but I left it 8 bit knowing I don't have HDR. I hope your replacement works better than your current!

Bessy67

Just got it all set up. So far it's great, except for the bumpers on the controller. They're not clicky at all. Is that just how they are now, or did I get a bad controller?

farisr

Picked mine up a few hours ago.

Just got done reinstalling a bunch of stuff (including 500+ RB4 songs).

This thing is going to get used a lot more now, now that it is easier to move around in general, especiallly without having to disconnect and fumble around with the power brick. Seeing as it takes the same kind of power connector/cable as the ps4, things worked out even better than I imagined.

The way I have things setup right now, I have two sets of power, ethernet, and hdmi cables that always remain connected to their outlets. One in my room upstairs and one downstairs in the basement rec room. Moving the ps4 up and down was simple. as I only had to move the unit itself rather than anything else.

Now the Xbox One S can also take advantage of the same setup without me having to get another set of cables. Perfect.

So due to this, and it likely getting played more now that I'll have it in my room more often, also decided to finally sub to EA access. Already have 10 games that are queued up for downloading right now.

God I hope Scorpio looks as good as the S. Hopefully the same guy is working on that consoles design. That S is just so pleasing to the eye. Beautiful.

dcx4610

Just got it all set up. So far it's great, except for the bumpers on the controller. They're not clicky at all. Is that just how they are now, or did I get a bad controller?

Bumpers were changed to be less clicky and more mushy like the triggers. I know some people don't like it but I never liked clicky bumpers and think it's a positive change. I just wish they would have taken away the clicky d-pad too.

bidguy

Banned
man i really want one too but my launch bone is still working without any problems...

i hope scorpio looks as good as this

killroy87

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but can I use this thing to play a 4K Blu-ray on my 1080p TV, and just have it display in 1080? I want to grab a couple 4K blus just to future proof for when I eventually get a 4K TV, but I want to know if I'll be able to watch them at all right now.

Tempted...I really want a 4k player but I never had a console in the Microsoft/Xbox ecosystem. I wonder if it's better to just hold off for the Sept. 7th Sony meeting.

I would say that's an even better reason to get one... catch up on all the 360 BC games and X1 exclusives you've missed and get UHD BD playback.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but can I use this thing to play a 4K Blu-ray on my 1080p TV, and just have it display in 1080? I want to grab a couple 4K blus just to future proof for when I eventually get a 4K TV, but I want to know if I'll be able to watch them at all right now.

I don't see why it woiuldn't work... but you know every UHD BD comes with a standard 1080p BD too, right?

icespide

Banned

don't most 4K blu-rays also come with the regular blu-ray as well?

I don't currently have one since I live in an apartment where I couldn't enjoy the benefits of surround sound even if I did have a system. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Shit I live in an apartment too, that never stopped me. ;) I just keep my sub on level 2, haven't had any complaints the year+ I've been here.

It sucks so much that we don't have the Halo bundle in Europe. Not every European cares for fucking Fifa, Microsoft.

But I'm still reaaaally excited to finally get my Xbox :)

killroy87

I don't see why it woiuldn't work... but you know every UHD BD comes with a standard 1080p BD too, right?

don't most 4K blu-rays also come with the regular blu-ray as well?

lol k so, I got the batman v superman 4K disc because i wanted to watch that extended cut. I figured "well, i know am getting a One S, and will get a 4K tv at some point, so why not just grab one so I can have a disc whenever I do." It does have a regular blu-ray in the package as well, you're right.

I get home, open it up, and notice there's fine print on the bottom of the package that says "4K Blu-ray contains extended version of the film, regular blu-ray contains theatrical version."

I was PISSED! So now I need to know if I can watch this 4K disc on my One S with a 1080p tv, I still haven't seen the damn movie yet lol. I'll just try it myself when I get home from work, I was just curious if anyone knew beforehand.

WadeitOut

Love it. It's like a little baby Xbox One.

My Samsung UN55JS7000 is fully compatible with all 4K/HDR settings with just putting it in game mode.

oSoLucky

Just picked up the Halo bundle as I got Madden on PS4, and I was surprised at how small it is compared to the OG. I thought it was smaller than a PS4 at first, which I quickly tested and realized that I was wrong. Now time to get Ori and QB and get a XB1 Destiny profile up to speed before RoI hits.

Top Bottom