• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox version of Black Myth: Wukong reportedly delayed indefinitely

Don't forget, Google Chrome, browser of all mighty Google, was famous for memory leaks and needed to be rebooted regularly. They might have fixed it since but I could not be bothered to test it anymore.

For gamers, the most famous case of memory leaks might be the PS3 with Skyrim. Granted it was not the only issue with Skyrim, it is just one of many bugs. PS3 just made it worse.
Bethsda told us about memory problems

But basically the less spare resources the machine has, the more likely they couldn't tolerate the loss of memory.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
edit 2: wait a frickin minute, then why is Xbox saying that "they can't comment on deals made with other platform holders"?
Because that was a disingenuous argument to begin with.

Jez never told (1) who was the Microsoft person he talked to and (2) he never even shared the question that he asked.

For all we know, Jez could have asked, "I have heard that Sony has timed exclusivity for 20 games next year. What do you have to say about it?" And the Microsoft person responded, "we can't comment on deals made with other platform holders."

It was a misleading article through and through that gave fanboys cope and ammo.

i love my series s because it's a cheap way for me to experience the xbox catalog, something i've never done till now. that said, it's ended up seriously screwing things up, just as everyone was saying it would. but i'm not sure that xbox ever really stood a chance this gen, anyway, series s or not. only a massive sony fuck-up could've maybe saved the day, & it didn't happen...

Because that was a disingenuous argument to begin with.

Jez never told (1) who was the Microsoft person he talked to and (2) he never even shared the question that he asked.

For all we know, Jez could have asked, "I have heard that Sony has timed exclusivity for 20 games next year. What do you have to say about it?" And the Microsoft person responded, "we can't comment on deals made with other platform holders."

It was a misleading article through and through that gave fanboys cope and ammo.
Yep, that answer was weird. I think Jez knows or feels like the Xbox days are numbered and is afraid for his job. But things are going to get worse for an unethical person like him

YepwIbC.png

cireza

Gold Member
At least the audience will have it eventually, right cireza cireza
So desperate to prove shit that you quote me totally out of context ? You poor thing.

A memory leak is the developer's fault. This is unrelated to the console. Leaks on every console most certainly, will crash quicker on consoles with less memory.

Last edited:
Damn, whatever quantity is between the profits of It ends with us and Helldivers 2 Minus the losses of Concord, that’s the quantity Sony paid the Studio to have the game as a Console exclusive.

I think Sony are more evil than a lot of people believe to.
dcMGsia.jpeg

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Thread title is a bit misleading. “Temporarily” seems more appropriate than “indefinitely” which usually implies a long wait.
I disagree ...Not that I don't think that BMW might not come out on xbox, just that we usualy use indefinetly wrong.Wouldn''t indefinetely here means just that there is no date yet?
And in most cases here indefinetly == cancelled.But I do agree that it iss mostly splitting hair in 4 and just arguing for the semantic, I do think it will come out just that nobody knows (probably even internally) when.

BlackTron

So desperate to prove shit that you quote me totally out of context ? You poor thing.

A memory leak is the developer's fault. This is unrelated to the console. Leaks on every console most certainly, will crash quicker on consoles with less memory.

This is out of context? The context of our other conversation was that Series S has been making Xbox miss big game releases.

If this game isn't on S due to a technical issue they can't solve as fast as other hardware because it has shit RAM, then that is exactly what has happened and why Series X owners are screwed.

BlackTron

Indefinitely just means for an unknown amount of time - could be a day, could be never.

Yes I know. It doesn't mean cancelled but it does mean "we have no clue when it will be ready" which is a pretty concerning look for a game that already came out.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Well, yes. Of course it's delayed indefinitely, it never had a release date to begin with ala BG3, they'll put a release date on it whenever they fix the problem they're having. That's how it works.

What happened to shame?:

Slimy platform things.

Telling Off Premier League GIF by ThreeUK

At least most of the other numbskulls from that thread have refused to comment here. You on the other hand...

history channel river hunters GIF by HISTORY UK

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The only ones who could "debunk" this is Game Science and they have already said the game isn't on Xbox yet due to technical issues.

I 100% believe it is down to them working on the game technically. I am just saying that there seems to be a lot of so called stories in the gaming industry, coming from these random twitter accounts that claim things and then a few hours later the actual developers come out and say "this is bollocks"

Ie = Clickbait, and it keeps on working.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I 100% believe it is down to them working on the game technically. I am just saying that there seems to be a lot of so called stories in the gaming industry, coming from these random twitter accounts that claim things and then a few hours later the actual developers come out and say "this is bollocks"

Except in this case it is in line with what the devs have already said.

BlackTron

Which big games would those be? Pal World?

They even had bad luck with the game they did get. They ended up blatantly ripping Nintendo's marketing slogan on an Xbox bundle package in exchange for an unupdated version of a game that had 15 minutes of fame. Since it was on Gamepass, it probably just cost MS a chunk of money to have the game, plus more money selling a few Series S for people to get $1 gamepass on. Most people super into Palworld probably recognized they would be better off with PC because they wouldn't have to wait 6 months for game update. Edit: MS review process is for all updates but it hurt especially here because the game wasn't finished yet.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
black-myth-wukong.jpg

Translation via Reddit, sources told Xbox content creator and leaker Exta1sis that the Xbox version is delayed indefinitely due to a memory leak:

Source

I wonder what could be the device with constrained memory and a funky memory setup to reduce costs that could be giving them problems…

Mmmh…

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
BG3 was the surprise hit of last year and Wukong is the surprise hit of this year. And MS failed to release both day one.

They are cursed.
I see the great wizards that cast the S curse:

ZQaA2kt.jpeg

The chant went “the power of One, the power of 360, the power of S and easy scalable settings that can render XSX graphics at a lower resolution, engines are easy to scale, and games always get designed for the max specs and scaled down it is easy it is the older engines that just scale stuuuuuuupiiiiid”.

Astray

Any time Sony gets an L, Microsoft scrambles to surround it with 5 L's of its own.

This is why Sony gets to coast along.

BlackTron

I see the great wizards that cast the S curse:

The chant went “the power of One, the power of 360, the power of S and easy scalable settings that can render XSX graphics at a lower resolution, engines are easy to scale, and games always get designed for the max specs and scaled down it is easy it is the older engines that just scale stuuuuuuupiiiiid”.

This. Series S was perfect during the cross-gen phase. MS made a mistake by tying their flagship console to a cross-gen console that was going to hold them back when next-gen actually started. It needed to either have specs good enough to handle next-gen or not exist. It was marketed as a next-gen system while in reality being a cross-gen system on a time limit. They should have seen it.

Sony consolidated one future platform while just selling PS4 games longer and it paid off. People can't accept their success and failure this gen stems from strategic differences and planning.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Time for gaming industry to use RUST as appose to CPP/C, they are too incompetent to be trusted with manual memory management, without some heavy barriers. This has been issue since forever to a degree, most famous examples are Skyrim on PS3 and Bughesda Games in general.

This also is way bigger issue for Direct X, given that memory mapper is not your code, but API. Thus it kind of make sense, as the message itself goes

Top Bottom