• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox version of Black Myth: Wukong reportedly delayed indefinitely

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
the-punisher.gif

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
So this guy is hanging with the Chinese dev crew? Do they have a mole on the Xbox certification crew? Why should we be paying attention to this?

cireza

Gold Member
This is out of context? The context of our other conversation was that Series S has been making Xbox miss big game releases.

If this game isn't on S due to a technical issue they can't solve as fast as other hardware because it has shit RAM, then that is exactly what has happened and why Series X owners are screwed.
Stop answering to me multiple times. You reek of desperation.

Memory leaks have not been created by Series S, they are entirely the responsibility of developers.

If this game isn't on S due to a technical issue
Tying this to Series S is a story people are entirely making up. Do you even know what a memory leak is ? You clearly have no clue about development, do you ?

There is a memory leak, quickly, add more RAM !

There are several other valid reasons (= not made up by you) for them not having Xbox as a primary target for their release, first major one being that this is a Chinese game first and foremost targeting China.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What happened to shame?:

At least most of the other numbskulls from that thread have refused to comment here. You on the other hand...

Papa G, this is like 3 replies down from what you quoted.😇

BlackTron

Stop answering to me multiple times. You reek of desperation.

Memory leaks have not been created by Series S, they are entirely the responsibility of developers.

Tying this to Series S is a story people are entirely making up. Do you even know what a memory leak is ? You clearly have no clue about development, do you ?

There is a memory leak, quickly, add more RAM !

There are several other valid reasons (= not made up by you) for them not having Xbox as a primary target for their release, first major one being that this is a Chinese game first and foremost targeting China.

Saying I reek of desperation by replying to you and then replying to me to reiterate everything.

Ok.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I wanted to reply back but I was told this is a desperate move. So I guess you get the last reply today, sir

Edit: I saw your Empathy reaction before switching to Strength. You can't hide your true feelings from me!

Edit again: dude lol

Last edit: My goal today is to get Cireza to switch between every emoji available on this post, but he's going to need Gold to use them all.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I was hoping it'd come to Game Pass some day so I didn't have to pay a certain amount for it, lol. I'll just wait until it drops in price I guess, and give it a shot then. I just never cared enough to get it at full price as I was never really hyped for it, lol.

Last edited:
And some people think MS is going to design a package able to compete against Sony PSSR + PS5 Pro in 2 years? Their main console (having more memory than a PS5) can't even run properly the most used game engine without memory leaks. And it's not the first UE5 game plagued by this on XSX.

Last edited:
I know, you're used to polished and complete releases like Redfall and Starfield
Nice! I was actually specifically talking about major third-party releases that are multiplatform. Maybe take your passive aggressiveness away from here and bring it to someone to cares.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Thanks Microsoft for protecting my series s of a game that would crash my system🙏
Thanks Microsoft for teaching devs a valuable lesson on quality control, something rare these days🙏

But yeah, it's a hard bug to catch, but easy to fix, so monkey will be with us soon enough. And running better than in other platforms 🤩

Honestly this game probably should've skipped consoles as a whole for awhile (or entirely). Seems like it's PC or bust.

Pretty much. Was tempted to buy on PC but even if has performance issues. Will wait for it to be patched to an acceptable state. Will probably be cheaper by then too.

BlackTron

So what I'm gathering is that thinking being unable to deal with a memory leak might be somehow connected to having lower RAM in a different configuration, you must know nothing about game development. Well, that's a take. I give it that.

Baldurs Gate 3 for Xbox was also “delayed indefinitely”, and came out literally just 3 1/2 months later.

It’s a term that sounds far, far worse than it typically ever is. Taken literally.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Obviously I meant the technical issue behind it that you mentioned. We all know about the exception made that allowed BG3 to release in December. Phil publicly spoke about it because he wanted the game on Xbox.

They told us what the technical issue was as well. They couldn't get split-screen coop to work with Xbox Series S. Either way, it doesn't sound like the problems Game Science are having can be solved with the wave of Phil Spencer's hand so this isn't really comparable.

Last edited:
They told us what the technical issue was as well. They couldn't get split-screen coop to work with Xbox Series S. Either way, it doesn't sound like the problems Game Science are having can be solved with the wave of Phil Spencer's hand so this isn't really comparable.
I get that. What I'm trying to convey (rather poorly, I guess) is that whether or not the problems behind-the-scenes that some publishers are having getting Xbox games certified are not public information, and very unlikely to be something we're privvy too, outside of leaks. Or Spencer breaking precedent again and doing a special case to get a big game through the process to avoid bad press and lost sales, like with BG3.

Last edited:

Hustler

It doesn't run well on PS5, I guess Series S is giving them trouble.
Doesn't run well on PS5? Sure it may not run perfect, but I'm on chapter 5 and I haven't experienced anything game breaking or begging for a patch. Sure it would be nice to have some improvements and I notice a few pop ins here and there on the map, but there's very rare. Overall I'm very happy so far and have debated even purchasing again on PC. Fingers crossed for a patch or improvements with PS5 Pro.

NickFire

Totally insane! BG3 last year and now this?
Nothing insane about it. IMO, MS just doesn’t have enough game-buying ecosystem members to justify the pub delaying the game for all consoles to keep MS happy. It’s no coincidence that two big hits took the risk of being denied a future Xbox release by launching before the xbox versions were ready.

Last edited:
Baldurs Gate 3 for Xbox was also “delayed indefinitely”, and came out literally just 3 1/2 months later.

It’s a term that sounds far, far worse than it typically ever is. Taken literally.
They litteraly removed one important feature (local co op split screen) on the XSS version because they couldn't make it run on XSS. So the full game actually still doesn't run, at all, on XSS.

They litteraly removed one important feature (local co op split screen) on the XSS version because they couldn't make it run on XSS. So the full game actually still doesn't run, at all, on XSS.
The full game runs, as you say. They just removed co-op. That’s not the same thing as the game not running. If it wasn’t running at all it wouldn’t have been able to release.

The full game runs, as you say. They just removed co-op. That’s not the same thing as the game not running. If it wasn’t running at all it wouldn’t have been able to release.
The game partially runs on XSS, when is the last such a thing happened on others consoles? If that happened on a Playstation we would hear it from all the western medias. I am sorry but local coop is a big feature for that kind of game. For instance I almost only played Diablo 3 this way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom