• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox version of Black Myth: Wukong reportedly delayed indefinitely

Oppoi

Eric_Haines_one_man_band_GigRoster.com.jpeg

This is what you defenders of the Series S looks like denying what everyone already knows.

I honestly wonder if at this point they will ever get it working on the Series S. Even when MS sent their engineers to Larian that made no difference they still had to cut the coop out. In this instance what can they possibly remove and is the dev going to be ok shipping the product that way? Especially after sales have exploded this much. They are already in a position where they don't need Xbox. How much more work are they going to put into this.

IMO their time would be better spent on future DLC and improving the game on working systems. Maybe let Xbox see if they can do it on their own but I don't see why the dev would waste anymore time with this issue and I would focus on PC/PS if I was them.

DragonNCM

This is both believable and unbelievable. MS refusing to certify a game that leaks memory, well duh, of course they would. But a game running on a cross-platform engine that leaks memory only under one platform (so far I haven't seen many complaints about it on PC/PS5) doesn't seem that likely.
Xboxes had same problem with Borderlands 3 for years now.....game crushed always on long play sessions no meter it is Series X or S.
They fixed last year or something like that.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nothing insane about it. IMO, MS just doesn’t have enough game-buying ecosystem members to justify the pub delaying the game for all consoles to keep MS happy. It’s no coincidence that two big hits took the risk of being denied a future Xbox release by launching before the xbox versions were ready.

Very good point!

NickFire

This goes beyond blaming the Series S scapegoat.

Xbox is irelevant.
Nah. Still relevant. Just not as important if launch date parity will mess up target ship dates. If the game is big enough the pub can ship and let MS decide if it wants backlash from never coming at all. But smaller games would be more likely to delay because MS could say no to split launch dates without as much backlash if game never launches on Xbox.

BlackTron

I honestly wonder if at this point they will ever get it working on the Series S. Even when MS sent their engineers to Larian that made no difference they still had to cut the coop out.

It's not Series S, Microsoft just sent talentless hack engineers who were no better than the clowns at Larian. All they needed was one guy who knew how to work a settings slider and it would have been day and date.

Zug

The memory leak issue is likely present on all versions, unless it only affects a portion of code that is Xbox exclusive.
If anything, this just shows that MS has better quality control, and confirms that the game still needs a lot of optimization.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The memory leak issue is likely present on all versions, unless it only affects a portion of code that is Xbox exclusive.
If anything, this just shows that MS has better quality control, and confirms that the game still needs a lot of optimization.

Microsoft does indeed have super tight quality control. So tight, they won't let a game come out until it's ready on both a next-gen and cross-gen system.

Maybe too tight.

King Dazzar

Microsoft does indeed have super tight quality control. So tight, they won't let a game come out until it's ready on both a next-gen and cross-gen system.

Maybe too tight.
It'll be an interesting one if their next hardware release rumoured for 2026 is significantly more powerful than the X, let alone the S. And yet overall hardware sales remain as challenged as they have been. I dont know the answer, but forced parity will need to be addressed...

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nothing insane about it. IMO, MS just doesn’t have enough game-buying ecosystem members to justify the pub delaying the game for all consoles to keep MS happy. It’s no coincidence that two big hits took the risk of being denied a future Xbox release by launching before the xbox versions were ready.
Xbox diehards should be happy MS games are coming to PS5 and Switch because that is their best way to get the revenue in to then pay these 3rd parties to get their games on their platform. In reality though, that money probably won't be spent in this way.

BlackTron

It'll be an interesting one if their next hardware release rumoured for 2026 is significantly more powerful than the X, let alone the S. And yet overall hardware sales remain as challenged as they have been. I dont know the answer, but forced parity will need to be addressed...

If they were still in the console race, they would be in an impossible position (which is why they gave up). If they dropped S parity requirement, they would just leapfrog the same situation between the X to the new system. They cannot really drop X because they can't crash burn and start over again to create a new, healthy ecosystem. They are perpetually dragged down by meeting yesterday's dumb promises.

It won't matter because new system is an outsourced licensed PC and they're going third party.

Top Bottom