• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeno Clash II |OT| Punching the crap out of weird looking things

Salsa

i01j2V4oWFNPh.png

Zeno Clash 2 is the sequel to ACE Team’s award winning punk fantasy game, renowned for its unique visuals and visceral first-person fighting
mechanics. Set in the fascinating and disturbing world of Zenozoik, the first game put you in the role of Ghat, a man whose defiance of his clan’s
leader and progenitor, ‘FatherMother’, tore their family apart.

Despite events that forced him to leave his home, Ghat never intended to reveal FatherMother’s dark secret, the reason for his defiance.
However, after deciding to return with a mysterious being he’d met in his exile that called himself ‘Golem’, the secret came out. FatherMother
was incarcerated and the clan went their separate ways.

Now, with FatherMother jailed and the family dissolved, the world of Zenozoik faces new hardships. Nobody knows why the Golem has decided to
stay in Zenozoik, yet his power and knowledge are undeniable. Ghat finds this outsider’s imposition upon his home unacceptable, and wants to
rid Zenozoik of his influence. Rimat simply wants the family to be reunited, but feels that Ghat is the only one she can turn to. The two form an
uneasy alliance and embark upon a journey to change the future of Zenozoik.The world of Zenozoik has been lovingly rendered with the
Unreal III engine, allowing the madmen of ACE Team to fully capture the beauty of Zenozoik as it exists in their imagination.

• With Zeno Clash 2's added sidequests and item collection, players will be encouraged to explore this vast world
    and discover all of its secrets.
  • Pinpoint aiming and physics-based combat allow for a much richer first-person melee experience. New moves, weapons, and
    allies take first-person brawling to a whole new level!
  • Take control of Ghat or Rimat in the new co-op campaign. Seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op allows players to make allies out of other
    real-world Zeno Clash enthusiasts.

• Platforms: PC/PS3/360
  • Release Date: April 30th
  • Price: $20

ifXyqpcZGGHrj.png

My favorite subtitle I've ever seen on an OT, haha.

I loved the first one. Will buy this eventually. Can never beat up enough acid-fuelled nightmares.

My prediction for sleeper hit of the year.

Getting a much more fantastical flare from some of the greener landscapes, almost like an extension of their work in Rock of Ages. Not that the original wasn't fantastical it just felt a little more restricted and barren.

Salsa

Getting a much more fantastical flare from some of the greener landscapes, almost like an extension of their work in Rock of Ages. Not that the original wasn't fantastical it just felt a little more restricted and barren.

I wanna live there

dreamfall

Nice OT! Pre-ordered on Steam, ready to punch shit!

Wanted to run through the Original, but Dark Souls keeps getting in the way of everything!

Hypron

It sucks not having any money... I loved the first game. One of the most creative games this gen.

Ha well, I'll get it somewhere down the line.

Lucent

Never played the first one but always thought it looked interesting. Wonder how big the world is and how long it'll be.

Dascu

I haven't been following any media or impressions on this at all, but I will buy this simply because I loved the first one.

FGMPR

Banned
I've got a spare copy of ZC1 if anyone wants it. It's short (like 3 hours or so), but its a pretty memorable game and a lot of fun.

I'll give it to the first person (if any) who PM's me with their email address.

edit:gone

Moobabe

Good man. This one snuck up on me but I'm ready to punch things squarely in their odd shaped faces all over again.

FGMPR

Banned
So... is there anyone in Australia who is looking for a co-op partner for this? I plan to play (finish) through the next week or so depending on how long it is.

Looks much more polished then the first game in all aspects (although the first was quite stunning looking). Ill consider it!

Stoze

I think I spoiled myself by picking the first one up for a dollar, now I'm probably gonna wait for a decent sale before I get this. I really enjoyed the first one except for the shooting those clay guys with the staff part, pretty lame game play there.

Stupid question : is it open world ?

I remember thinking it looked like it from the annoucement trailer that was like... years ago ?

SparkTR

I'm eager in seeing how they transitioned the feel of the combat into a new engine, it should be interesting.

Wait this is getting a PS3 release as well? Might get it for PS3 then...

The PS3/360 versions are still TBD is seems, Steam is April 30 though.

Stupid question : is it open world ?

I remember thinking it looked like it from the annoucement trailer that was like... years ago ?

Yes, or at least semi-open world.

Ocaso

The original had stunningly beautiful art direction, and it looks like the sequel continues that trend. I love how alien and bizarre much of it looks; gives me a Metroid vibe.

I really enjoyed the brawling a well. It felt similar to Breakdown which is an underrated Xbox classic, so I'm looking forward to this. That said, I have to wait for consoles since the original already stressed my aging laptop.

ironcreed

Banned
One of the weirdest little games I have ever played. The art is pretty spectacular, but it fell a little flat and a little short for me on the whole. Regardless, I'll still probably check this out at some point.

I'm eager in seeing how they transitioned the feel of the combat into a new engine, it should be interesting.

The PS3/360 versions are still TBD is seems, Steam is April 30 though.

Yes, or at least semi-open world.

oh well, they had a sale if it was indeed tomorrow..but by the time it actually drops, the desire to impulse buy will have dissipated :(

Jhoan

Where's the bad ass First Person Pile Driver GIF? That GIF alone makes me want to check out the game.

I still need to check out the first game. I played the trial and thought it was kooky looking game with a crazy (in a good way) art direction. I might check it out since I need to get another 800MSP game to fulfill my last 800 MSP game for the XBL Rewards offer of this month.

Boerseun

Banned
I love the first game. And the prospect of a co-op campaign makes me eager to pick this new one up. My backlog is a problem though - by the time I'd get around to Zeno Clash 2, it would likely already have seen a sale or two. And I'd guess there remains something to be said for inevitable ridiculous Steam discounts impacting any new release's short term sales...

SparkTR

Damnit I should probably buy this right now

grades be damned

It's one of those games that you know what you're in for before you even play it. But I do hope the scores are decent so it gets some more sales. Atlus really dropped the ball with marketing this, not even a TB video feature.

e: Oh right, you're talking about education grades not review grades. That might not be wise.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The original was the very first game I bought on sale on Steam

Won't have the budget for a few weeks, but I'm looking forward to this

SparkTR

According to the developers playing the tutorial (separate menu button below 'new game') is incredibly important, even for ZC1 veterans. It contains instructions on advanced moves that you won't be able to pull of without playing it.

Top Bottom