• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

JeTmAn81 said:
I feel bad because I am on wireless, but it actually used to be a lot better before my router got a bit older and I think puts out a weaker signal. I dunno, even so the lag really is not usually that much. I will post a video I took from my phone of the matches later and you guys can decide.

I really want to have a wired connection but haven't been able to make it happen yet because I need to run cable through the wall to downstairs where the PS3 is. I hate being the laggy one who ruins someone else's match, I just can't do anything about it right now :(.
nah, there is no need to, just continue playing with Showmeyamoves.

no need for this bs dq shit.

JeTmAn81

Cloudius12 said:
nah, there is no need to, just continue playing with Showmeyamoves.

no need for this bs dq shit.

Ok, maybe for the next match I will just move my PS3 upstairs. Of course I still need to find a long enough cable to reach into the other room...

I had two papers due Monday and have a full day on Tuesdays, so Wednesday was my earliest opening. Hopefully giancarlo will be around for our matches as well - I PMed him to let him know I'll be on tomorrow evening.

Giancarlo, I'm on if you're game for our matches tonight. I'm about to play with Sephiroth. I don't remember your PSN, so send me a friend request and we'll play. My PSN is Karsticles.

I'll also be in PSN GAF chat for the night.

Giancarlo, I sent you a friend request. Hopefully you have time tonight. I will leave my PS3 on and check that + GAF every 30 minutes or so tonight to see if you can play. If not, please let me know when you can play next ASAP, so we can get our matches in. I will NOT be available Saturday, as it is my wife's birthday.

Oh my, what team did seph use?
I typed up a huge analysis of our matches, and then decided I would be better off keeping quiet about it all for my own sake. I'll let Sephiroth divulge if he wishes to. He'll be moving on to the next round regardless of Giancarlo and I's matches, so he may want to keep his secrets safe.

oh shit. did rule change to 7 matches? err, too late now. Despite the connection from Hawaii to East Coast, Karst played really well.

My MODOK can't deal with zoning team. It really could've gone either way, it was down to the wire, anchor vs anchor. After two games, my MODOK failed to troll with jamming bomb. Then I chose Wolverine/Dante/Akuma with Wolverine doing all the work. ›:)
ggs.

GGs. I hated having to anchor Phoenix, but there was just no hope of surviving Wolverine backed by Jam Session. Since I use her as a point character, I was completely free to all of your snap-ins.

And when did the rule change to 7? That seems odd, since plenty of people have already finished their matches.

I thought our connection for the first ~5 matches was really solid, better than the people I was warming up against on training mode. Then things got shaky for some reason. That last match my heart was beating so hard...

I think MODOK could have handled Phoenix if you would have rushed more and anti-aired with Jam Session. And I am so free to teleports...can't wait for Ultimate so I don't have to use Phoenix anymore, as much fun as she is.

Karsticles wins 5-0 against giancarlo.

Our pool is done then, and Sephiroth and myself move on - what's left in the other pools?

Edit: Oh, I guess they are done.

The four players left for the penultimate round are:
Karsticles
SephirothRK
Cloudius
Jetman81

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Supposed to be best out of seven matches since the whole first to five thing would prove to be kinda stupid for pools but you guys seem to have made it work and I don't want to waste any more time.

I need results of the brackets though so someone do me a favor and post that.

Kadey said:
Supposed to be best out of seven matches since the whole first to five thing would prove to be kinda stupid for pools but you guys seem to have made it work and I don't want to waste any more time.

I need results of the brackets though so someone do me a favor and post that.

Lazy Kadey strikes again.

Jetman over Cloudius 5-4
Cloudius over Showmeyourmoves 5-1
Jetman over Showmeyourmoves 5-0

SephirothRK over giancarlo123x 5-2
Karsticles over SephirothRK 5-4
Karsticles over giancarlo123x 5-0

Which leads to Jetman and Cloudius | SephirothRK and Karsticles moving on!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can take me, take me, take me on a ride. Take me on a ride on throooooooooooooouggggggggghhhhhhh the light.

JeTmAn81

Yeah, I'm not sure about the FT7 thing. I could've sworn that it was FT5 for these last pools when they were first posted, but I did notice the FT7 thing when reviewing the OP. It apppears we all did FT5 though, so no harm no foul?

Perhaps a FT7 set for the last two matches before grand finals and then a FT10 for grand finals are in order.

It was FT5 at first, and then it changed at some point. By the time I noticed, we had done all but one match, and it would have messed everything up if Giancarlo and I did a FT7, so we agreed to a FT5 to keep it in line with everything else.

Even if we went FT7, the only close matches that could have changed were the ones between the four of us who are moving on. No harm no foul.

Anyway, looking forward to the next bracket! Hopefully we don't get re-paired with our own bracket.

JeTmAn81

Kadey said:
You can take me, take me, take me on a ride. Take me on a ride on throooooooooooooouggggggggghhhhhhh the light.

Soo....anything else? Perhaps the next matches? There are only four of us left...

JeTmAn81

Degen said:
Four and a substitute

Who's the substitute? Not this guy I hope...

the-substitute.jpg

Kadey said:
I'll post the next brackets and update things when I get home. We will get this thing done.
<3

Would you be so gracious as to post the rules for the finals as well, so we can move on from the finals to the grand finals in short order? Assuming we're having two matches for the finals, the grand finals matches should be pretty easy to figure out. ;-)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can't do that. Just play your matches quickly. OP updated. Monday midnight/Tuesday morning is the cutoff date. There is still a lot of time.

Anyways OP updated. Do your thing. There will still be two matches for the last bracket since we will have to determine a third place finisher as well.

Cloudius, my PSN is the same as my username here: Karsticles.

Feel free to add me.

When are you available? Wednesday is probably my best day.

Karsticles said:
Cloudius, my PSN is the same as my username here: Karsticles.

Feel free to add me.

When are you available? Wednesday is probably my best day.
If Wednesday is your best day then it will have to be before 5pm est. I have class after that.

Otherwise, I'm free T TH FR around 8pm-10pm est and Sat/Sun whenever.

Saturday/Sunday is probably not a good idea, since Monday is our deadline. ;-)

If you have the time, I can actually play tonight so we can get it done ASAP.

I don't want to play Tuesday because IPW has the UMvC3 tournament going on - I'll be glued to the stream for sure.

Wednesday can work if you don't want to play now - let me know, I'll stay online for a bit to check.

Top Bottom