• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

°Marvel vs Capcom 3° NeoGAF tournament of salt and pringles

JeTmAn81

Kadey, you're not Noel Brown in disguise are you? Usually you don't let the players decide the rules halfway when you're running a tournament. Anyway, I'll just let Ultimoo take my place since I'd probably just lose next round anyway.

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
Kadey, you're not Noel Brown in disguise are you? Usually you don't let the players decide the rules halfway when you're running a tournament. Anyway, I'll just let Ultimoo take my place since I'd probably just lose next round anyway.
we could do a first to 50 if you want.

I know you guys did your stuff already but the replacement usually doesn't mean someone that's already in the tournament who got bodied the same round. Jetman it's up to you if want to let it slide, I see it as unfair to some that are still in, seeing Ultimo got two chances to advance.

Although it's probably too late at this point since over two weeks past since the start of this round. If we were to redo it's going to take too long.

Neki

SephirothRK said:
I know you guys did your stuff already but the replacement usually doesn't mean someone that's already in the tournament who got bodied the same round. Jetman it's up to you if want to let it slide, I see it as unfair to some that are still in, seeing Ultimo got two chances to advance.

Although it's probably too late at this point since over two weeks past since the start of this round. If we were to redo it's going to take too long.

if he wants my spot, he can take it. choice is all his really.

Ultimoo said:
if he wants my spot, he can take it. choice is all his really.

I'm trying to think of a scenario in my head, where it's fair for everyone is not really possible at this point lol. If Jetman choose to advance(he can't do it for free, he needs to fight someone else), finding a new player to play is not going to happen, it took two weeks to get here.

It's all up to Jetman at this point cause he sounds salty :p

Advancing Players

Cloudius
SephirothRK
Ultimoo
Karsticles
giancarlo123x
Showmeyamoves
Agreed. Jetman agreed to play Ultimoo, thus the matches are binding.

Next round. At least that's my perspective.

If Ultimoo is willing to concede the spot to Jetman, then that's Ultimoo's choice. So, Jetman, make your decision by the end of this weekend so we can move on and finish this.

I see it as unfair to some that are still in, seeing Ultimo got two chances to advance.
Multiple people have been resurrected. Ultimoo just got the Phoenix Down faster than some others.

smurfx

get some go again
ultimoo should only get to advance if i can pick his team to use the next round. yup that sounds fair.

arthur
hsien ko
modok

that sounds like a strong team.

3010hfl.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been liking the Versus series far more than the standard SF games for over a decade. Didn't like the direction they took with MVC3 (mainly xfactor and simplified controls) so I went to liking the standard SF games more. UMVC3 looks to bring back the hype for me though I have to take it for what it is and not think of it as the old games. Used to have matches of MVC2 on my YT but I took them down.

Tournament wouldn't be like this if people played their games routinely or not dropped out.

Jetman and Ultimo can play a first to 10 match to see who should clearly have the right to win something. After that someone post all the results of this bracket for me and we can move on.

Someone make the brackets now and just keep Jetman and Ultimo's spot empty so we are ready to go as soon as they fight it out. Time is running out.

Advancing Players

Cloudius
SephirothRK
Ultimoo OR Jetman
Karsticles
giancarlo123x
Showmeyamoves
Kadey, this is what our list of survivors looks like.

As giancarlo suggested, could you maybe pair up four people, and then leave one person out to face the victor between Ultimoo and Jetman? That way we can get the next round running.

Anyway:
Ultimoo and Jetman, get your FT10 IN!

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
jam session and tron spam assist is too much for me. :O

I guess it's just more proof that Gustaff Flame is overpowered BS, as you well know. My two-day (started practicing combos yesterday) Tron was enough to put me over the top in a matchup where I don't think I pulled off a complete Tron combo even once. If that stuff wasn't getting nerfed in Ultimate, I'd probably have to add Tron to my permanent team. Good thing only Hsien Ko gets it from now on :p

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
I guess it's just more proof that Gustaff Flame is overpowered BS, as you well know. My two-day (started practicing combos yesterday) Tron was enough to put me over the top in a matchup where I don't think I pulled off a complete Tron combo even once. If that stuff wasn't getting nerfed in Ultimate, I'd probably have to add Tron to my permanent team. Good thing only Hsien Ko gets it from now on :p
naw, it's taskmaster's arrows do too much damage for such little risk. I don't mind eating tron and jam sessions to get in, but I get 90k damage for every heavy arrow I don't block.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So. Somebody do me a favor and tally the results of this bracket. Next bracket is simple. Two pools or three. Last two of each to move on onto final four. I'll have to randomize players again.

Cloudius vs Reigun 5-0
SephirothRK vs Ultimoo 5-1
Karsticles vs NeoUltima 5-0
Showmeyamoves vs Degen 5-0
giancarlo123x vs ~Devil Trigger~ 5-0
JeTmAn81 vs Ultimoo 10-8

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
naw, it's taskmaster's arrows do too much damage for such little risk. I don't mind eating tron and jam sessions to get in, but I get 90k damage for every heavy arrow I don't block.

Not that I don't agree, but I had Taskmaster before and I didn't win. Then again, perhaps if I'd played a zoning game in the first set I would've won. But maybe not, because once you got in I wouldn't have had Tron to keep me safe. I think Taskmaster probably deserves some nerfs, but I don't think his arrows are among the top 4 OP things in the game (Wolverine, Phoenix, Haggar assist, Tron assist).

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
Not that I don't agree, but I had Taskmaster before and I didn't win. Then again, perhaps if I'd played a zoning game in the first set I would've won. But maybe not, because once you got in I wouldn't have had Tron to keep me safe. I think Taskmaster probably deserves some nerfs, but I don't think his arrows are among the top 4 OP things in the game (Wolverine, Phoenix, Haggar assist, Tron assist).
you weren't running jam session + fire assist before though. watching your tron made me cringe though.

smurfx

get some go again
so you are free to a good assist and arrows ultimoo? now i really want to play you. :p imagine eating my taskmaster arrows plus zero's assist handangekis and an arrow hyper if i feel like it.

Neki

smurfx said:
so you are free to a good assist and arrows ultimoo? now i really want to play you. :p imagine eating my taskmaster arrows plus zero's assist handangekis and an arrow hyper if i feel like it.
zero assist doesn't really cover the screen though.

shaowebb

So hows the final bracket looking for this? Only a few weeks left and I'm eager to know who holds the crown for Vanilla before air x-factor and tweaks change things pretty harshly.

Also I may fall right back on Taskmaster and Modok training with Air X-factor on deck in Ultimate.

JeTmAn81

Cloudius12 said:
Cloudius vs Reigun 5-0
SephirothRK vs Ultimoo 5-1
Karsticles vs NeoUltima 5-0
Showmeyamoves vs Degen 5-0
giancarlo123x vs ~Devil Trigger~ 5-0
JeTmAn81 vs Ultimoo 10-8

Suggestion, how about we just pair off in the order listed here. Does it really matter who plays who? In the end, there can be only one. So...

Cloudius v. SephirothRK

Karsticles v. Showmeyamoves

giancarlo123x v. JeTmAn81

Go?

Neki

JeTmAn81 said:
Suggestion, how about we just pair off in the order listed here. Does it really matter who plays who? In the end, there can be only one. So...

Cloudius v. SephirothRK

Karsticles v. Showmeyamoves

giancarlo123x v. JeTmAn81

Go?

give yourself the easy match up I see, lol.

Jetman81 over Cloudius12

5-4

laggiest set matches I sat and played through in my life.

I'm fucking salty cause I know I would have won that easily.

JeTmAn81

Cloudius12 said:
Jetman81 over Cloudius12

5-4

laggiest set matches I sat and played through in my life.

I'm fucking salty cause I know I would have won that easily.
Sorry man. You can discuss a DQ for me if you want. Normally I get lag, but not that much. Admittedly I have an old router. And more technical characters like Magneto suffer more with lag than simpler ones like Taskmaster. But im not sure it was lag that made you run into Tron assist over and over.

smurfx

get some go again
JeTmAn81 said:
Sorry man. You can discuss a DQ for me if you want. Normally I get lag, but not that much. Admittedly I have an old router. And more technical characters like Magneto suffer more with lag than simpler ones like Taskmaster. But im not sure it was lag that made you run into Tron assist over and over.
lol

JeTmAn81 said:

Don't sweat it. That just me being salty. You played rather well regardless.

Neki

Cloudius12 said:
I've been running tron assist for years, thought you knew how to beat it by now? :p

JeTmAn81

Cloudius12 said:

I feel bad because I am on wireless, but it actually used to be a lot better before my router got a bit older and I think puts out a weaker signal. I dunno, even so the lag really is not usually that much. I will post a video I took from my phone of the matches later and you guys can decide. The lag does affect me too, I drop combos from it.

I really want to have a wired connection but haven't been able to make it happen yet because I need to run cable through the wall to downstairs where the PS3 is. I hate being the laggy one who ruins someone else's match, I just can't do anything about it right now :(.

Top Bottom