• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
exarkun said:
You know how you stop that shit? Bang a teammates mom.

XCqfH.jpg

SUPREME1

Banned
Emo Wade said:
The Miami Heat are exactly what everyone wanted, losing games," Wade said. "The world is better now because the Heat is losing.

Delicious. Herpes boy is gonna crack.

YahooSports said:
What's more important is this astonishing lack of clutch play from Miami's troika of LeBron James(notes), Wade and Bosh. All three had exemplary clutch statistics in the seasons leading up to 2010-11, but in shots taken with less than 10 seconds to go in the fourth quarter or overtime, with Miami trailing by three or fewer points, the Heat have gone 1 for 18 this season. A falloff like that is remarkable and just about unprecedented in recent NBA history.

DAT MOTHAFUCKIN CLUTCH

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SephCast said:
Mike Brown is a turribly annoying commentator. Imagine him as a coach.

Not defending Mike Brown's inability to coach but those two things are not equal skills

Gigglepoo

Forceatowulf said:
I cannot express enough how lame and completely bitch-made it is for a player to be crying during a regular season game loss....

Pull your fucking pampers up, Jesus Christ.

I cried after a Pacers' win...

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
hahah I just messing... I'm a Laker.

Ironically, I have been to more Clippers games, because one of my friends works for their team. I witnessed this monstrosity:
griffin+tea+bag.jpg

I still LOL at the pic. the face lol...that and the BD face at the ASG Dunk

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So the Shaq-Biggie story is that Shaq was supposed to go to the party and hang out with BIG. Shaq fell asleep and didn't make it to the party. He wonders if he would've been hanging with him, standing outside the truck, would the guy have took the shot.

Meh. It would've been even worse if we lost Shaq and Biggie in the same night.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
SephCast said:
So the Shaq-Biggie story is that Shaq was supposed to go to the party and hang out with BIG. Shaq fell asleep and didn't make it to the party. He wonders if he would've been hanging with him, standing outside the truck, would the guy have took the shot.

Meh. It would've been even worse if we lost Shaq and Biggie in the same night.

I saw that shit this morning. ESPN even got video of the shooting. I've never seen that shit before. Shaq said if he went, it woulda been more security so the shooter woulda ran.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Cloudy said:
lmao Heat are gonna get mocked all week. Freakin' Lakers better not lose to these guys lol
You know damn well we're most likely going to lose to them.

1) The Heat are going to give a fuck. More so than against any other team this season. Period.
2) The reffing is going to be deplorable. As it always is when the Lakers face a team with LeBron on it. It's like clockwork.
3) Pau becomes bitch-made when he's being guarded by Big Z. I really don't know why this is... but it's the truth.
4) Expect every Heat player and their grandmother to shoot lights out behind the arc.

I definitely want a win, but I'm not putting any stock in it. None what so ever.

Forceatowulf said:
You know damn well we're most likely going to lose to them.

1) The Heat are going to give a fuck. More so than against any other team this season. Period.
2) The reffing is going to be deplorable. As it always is when the Lakers face a team with LeBron on it. It's like clockwork.
3) Pau becomes bitch-made when he's being guarded by Big Z. I really don't know why this is... but it's the truth.
4) Expect every Heat player and their grandmother to shoot lights out behind the arc.

I definitely want a win, but I'm not putting any stock in it. None what so ever.

Damage control already

It's ok

At least we won't lose to the Cavs this season

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ph33nix said:
Damage control already

It's ok

Could I ask you an honest question, and ask if you'd trade LeBron for Rose right now?

Heysoos said:

Just wished laker gaf can do a Kobe version of this...

TD killed my stats for today in fantasy..

My bad if anyone gets mad

Edit: I hope ESPN stops bringing up Heat Watch Or am I asking for too much?

I laugh everyday at my f-inlaw for saying Heat gonna make the finals..

To see Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson unleash their inner hood rat was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Honorable Mention to Jamaal Tinsley (grabbing a lighting stand a la Dead Rising trying to hit a fan) and Jermaine O'Neal (dropping some fat fan who walked out on the court trying to start something). Growing up a Knicks fan I have seen my share of awesome fight but that was truly amazing.

the funny thing is to this day I can't condemn the Pacers as much as I blame ben Wallace/the idiot fans of Detroit that night. Ben overreacted to a hard foul, Artest inexplicably backed away and didn't retaliate. He then got brained by a bottle of beer, and it was time to rumble. I would not have wanted to be that white guy he was bumrushing, oh God I could watch that fight over and over.

SephCast said:
Oh dear...

And what's this about Shaq being able to prevent Notorious BIG from dying? Wtf espn?

Shaq is such an attention whore I don't doubt he called up ESPN himself and was like "Hey i have a story for you, can I be on TV?" Pretty soon he'll be talking about how he could have prevented 9/11 but missed his flight that day.

sf2fanatic said:
Just wished laker gaf can do a Kobe version of this...

TD killed my stats for today in fantasy..

My bad if anyone gets mad

Edit: I hope ESPN stops bringing up Heat Watch Or am I asking for too much?

I laugh everyday at my f-inlaw for saying Heat gonna make the finals..

I no longer have the gif, but there is one for 2 seasons ago where Kobe was shooting game icing FTs (was it vs Rockets) and he did that.

Anyone remember/have it?

Puddles

Banned
Life is so awesome these days. Lakers winning, Heat losing, I'm in India eating the best food ever and taking sitar lessons from a master for less than $20/day, seriously it doesn't get much better.

Dat Bynum! We don't even need him to score; he just needs to anchor the middle
and not get injured
like he did tonight and it's GG NBA.

The Frankman said:
To see Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson unleash their inner hood rat was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Honorable Mention to Jamaal Tinsley (grabbing a lighting stand a la Dead Rising trying to hit a fan) and Jermaine O'Neal (dropping some fat fan who walked out on the court trying to start something). Growing up a Knicks fan I have seen my share of awesome fight but that was truly amazing.

the funny thing is to this day I can't condemn the Pacers as much as I blame ben Wallace/the idiot fans of Detroit that night. Ben overreacted to a hard foul, Artest inexplicably backed away and didn't retaliate. He then got brained by a bottle of beer, and it was time to rumble. I would not have wanted to be that white guy he was bumrushing, oh God I could watch that fight over and over.

I remember that too. As a fan we do heckle players but that went too far. I still think and others think Im crazy that they havent recover from that incident. Even tho Jackson has had solid numbers and Artest has a ring

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Black Mamba said:
Big Z will be matched up with Bynum.

It'll be Bosh vs. Pau for a lot of the night.
Z is coming off the bench for them. Pau plays more minutes than Bynum. Which = Pau being guarded by Z for the majority of the game.

I'm also very sure they know the problems Z has caused for Pau over the years.
ph33nix said:
Damage control already

It's ok

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

It's been the same shit every season since LeFraud has been in the league. Save for only a couple of games.

sf2fanatic said:
I remember that too. As a fan we do heckle players but that went too far. I still think and others think Im crazy that they havent recover from that incident. Even tho Jackson has had solid numbers and Artest has a ring
Look at the 2:50 mark in that vid, the fans are literally all over the exitway to try and get to the Pacers, disgraceful. As much as I killed Tinsley at the 3:00 minute mark, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. The only beef I have with what Artest did is he attacked the wrong guy. The funny thing is in terms of fan involvement another big fight could've ended up the same way...

Knicks-Nuggets brawl

This had more agitators tan the Detroit brawl but the key was even though the fight spilled into the front row, fans didn't act stupid and throw stuff/storm the court. I think it's funny how Carmelo Anthony, Eduardo Najera and JR Smith didn't want any other Jared "Stick Figure" Jeffries, "Charmin" Channing Frye and Nate "Anklebiter" Robinson.

Vyer

The Frankman said:

Yup. Detroit fans were disgusting.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Interesting. I've always associated the term Hood-rat with females. Like another way of calling them a hoe or a bitch or a combination of the two.

Forceatowulf said:
Interesting. I've always associated the term Hood-rat with females. Like another way of calling them a hoe or a bitch or a combination of the two.
going by the other definitions, it seems to be one to those slang terms w/ dual meanings. Like if you're talking about a non-female it means something else.

SonnyBoy

The Frankman said:

I guess cus I grew up and currently live in the "hood", I've never needed to go online to get definitions for slang. FYI, hood-rats are females. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hood%20Rat&defid=1461300 Also, see the Dave Chapelle episode where they have the gameshow on "black" trivia. lol

The Frankman said:
going by the other definitions, it seems to be one to those slang terms w/ dual meanings. Like if you're talking about a non-female it means something else.

Nahh, whoever added that entry is just wrong. Just trust us on this.

The Frankman said:
Look at the 2:50 mark in that vid, the fans are literally all over the exitway to try and get to the Pacers, disgraceful. As much as I killed Tinsley at the 3:00 minute mark, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. The only beef I have with what Artest did is he attacked the wrong guy. The funny thing is in terms of fan involvement another big fight could've ended up the same way...

Knicks-Nuggets brawl

This had more agitators tan the Detroit brawl but the key was even though the fight spilled into the front row, fans didn't act stupid and throw stuff/storm the court. I think it's funny how Carmelo Anthony, Eduardo Najera and JR Smith didn't want any other Jared "Stick Figure" Jeffries, "Charmin" Channing Frye and Nate "Anklebiter" Robinson.
Throws the punch then runs away..WTF? I remember that plus Collins looking at Smith smiling at the beginning..Classic

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Saw the OT title change

Watched that outside the lines/sportscenter this sunday morning

Love how Lil' Cease (Biggy's Cuz) statement: "If Shaq was rolling with Biggie the night he was shot, things could have been different"
(Trying to sound like Shaq could have saved Big's)

I'm like yeah things could have been different, Shaq getting shot in the process too

Gigglepoo

Doc Holliday said:
Not sure why Spoelstra brought up the crying thing, it's going to make the Heat look worse than they already do.

A) He's run out of ideas to motivate them
B) He's a bad coach
C) He's fucking LeBron's mom

pilonv1

Ninja Scooter said:
Shaq is such an attention whore I don't doubt he called up ESPN himself and was like "Hey i have a story for you, can I be on TV?" Pretty soon he'll be talking about how he could have prevented 9/11 but missed his flight that day.

Shaq is starting to sound like Hulk Hogan

When the locker room first opened to reporters after the game, Stoudemire and Anthony were bantering and laughing about players on the Miami Heat crying after their loss earlier Sunday to the Chicago Bulls, with Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh as the watery-eyed one (although Bosh, when asked by reporters in Miami whether he had cried, said he almost had but did not).

"I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears," Stoudemire said.

"Tears?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, tears," Stoudemire replied.

"Wait 'til I call him, man," Anthony said. "I'll be like: 'What are you doing?'"

:lol

SamuraiX-

Ninja Scooter said:

Perfect.

Dwayne Wade said:
"You're just trying to get comfortable with whatever role you're put in at the moment and you try to be your best at it," Wade said. "That was one of the things we had to understand when we all decided to come together. There was going to be sacrifices we're going to have to make, and you live with the consequences."

To be honest, Wade did his best in the final moments, especially in the last couple of games. Against Orlando I believe, he hustled for the rebound off of Bosh's missed 3, which contributed to Lebron getting an open look. Then tonight, he crashed the boards off of Lebron's missed and managed to get an okay shoot off.

If you look at the last 10 seconds of their last games, once the shoot goes up Wade always hustles hard to the rebound. Much more-so than Lebron and Bosh. The problem is he's had almost zero involvement in the final plays before the shot goes up.

I know it's been said a billion times, but Wade just has the better "win at all costs" mentality to close out a game. He doesn't stand there posing when he knows his shot is off and he plays all the way through the buzzer. Lebron could have EASILY had a tip-in today off of Wade's miss. There was still time. But Lebron basically quit on the play after he missed his own shot. And it wasn't just today, he's done this in the last 4-5 games they lost in the dying seconds. Surely someone on the Heat coaching staff has to see this as well. The man gives up on games before they're over. So they either need to talk to Lebron or give Wade the opportunity close a few games.

The Chosen One said:
I know it's been said a billion times, but Wade just has the better "win at all costs" mentality to close out a game.
And that right there is the reason why I love Wade as a player. Say what you will about his flaws (lol Gigglepoo) but Wade won't lose because of lack of trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom