• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabyskra said:
Please, keep calling Toney Douglas a scrub. What does he have, 14 points already?
Just hit another open 3, 17 so far. I'm not saying he's a star, but he plays hard D and is a good scorer when not mindfucked by D'Antoni.

STAT leaves so it's Jeffries/Williams/Anthony/Fields/Douglas for the last 5 minutes... interesting.

the one bad move Mitch/Dr. Buss have made lately was trading that Toney Douglas pick. They did it to save money, but if they had just kept him they wouldn't have had to spend the MLE on Blake this past year. Foresight is your best friend sometimes.

Celsior

The Frankman said:
Just hit another open 3, 17 so far. I'm not saying he's a star, but he plays hard D and is a good scorer when not mindfucked by D'Antoni.

STAT leaves so it's Jeffries/Williams/Anthony/Fields/Douglas for the last 5 minutes... interesting.
He is a good backup, not a starter though, way to inconsistent.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jeff-DSA said:
I just expect it, actually. Who do we ever have that gets calls? Not a single guy. Without one, it is how it will always be.
Branduil said:
Mavs may as well not even put 5 guys out there when Dirk and Roddy go to the bench.

They are like NBA-AGE sitcom characters..

Jeff-DSA

Jamesfrom818 said:
My day is not complete without Jeff complaining about ref bias against the Jazz

Shut up.

I'm not complaining about bias. I am sick of not having a guy who can get calls while it seems every other team has several. It gets real old always watching the other teams murder us in FT disparity.

Celsior said:
He is a good backup, not a starter though, way to inconsistent.
This. He's a SG being converted to PG, dude can drive to the hole very well. He completely undressed Chris Paul and finally looks over his shoulder issues that plagued him for months.

Bad decision by Douglas. Slow it down or pull up for the J.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jeff-DSA said:
Shut up.

I'm not complaining about bias. I am sick of not having a guy who can get calls while it seems every other team has several. It gets real old always watching the other teams murder us in FT disparity.

The Jazz play an up in your face bump and grind type of D.. it nets turnovers and fouls.. combine that with the lack of a superstar and you get what you have..

Blizzard killing my ability to watch Favors' first 20-10 game*, FUUU snow. It's letting up so I should be able to watch the second half. I see CJ's jacking up threes whether or not people can see him though with box score watching.

*Amar'e assisted 20-10 game.

edit: CJ already put up another missed three by the time my post cleared, this guy...

diddles

Banned
magic proving they're to dwight as the rest of the cavaliers were to lebron. could there be a more boring, uninspired team than portland? and these clowns can't even compete with them... goodbye dwight.

Saw this coming, Knicks are scoreless the last 3 minutes with the Carmelo 'n Friends lineup. STAT has to come back in, some of it is Douglas' fault. He's got to pace the team better and have a sense of the game, can't play at one speed all the time. Knicks getting stagnant and Jazz picking up alot of offensive boards, Knicks need to finish the half.

Rough game. Melo and Douglas hitting so many threes doesn't usually happen so it should be a nine or twelve point game, but that would still be terrible. Millsap is way too beat up to play minutes over Evans, Favors needs more minutes. Hayward needs to defend Melo more (Even though he'll be killed by the refs). Favors and Hayward are the only intelligent defenders on the team with AK beat up. Favors and Al combined for 28-13 in the first half and the Jazz are still down by 18, ugh.

Great half for the Knicks. Jefferson was scoring early and Knicks immediately went to the hard 2-3 and threw Utah off, good job by D'Antoni actually adjusting on D. STAT is going to hit that jumper until Utah guards him, and same with Toney Douglas (Keep going under those screens!). I'm surprised Shawne Hornacek isn't getting some of that wide open 3 action, but the offense when Carmelo passes/doesn't hold the ball for 5-6 seconds really flows. Carmelo 21/3/3 for 21 points... his half is surely a testament to human potential.

But while he's having a great game so far he can't do it alone... well maybe he can, but he'll also need the power of Carmelo's People Of Utah.

melo.jpg

Come on Utah-GAF. Carmelo needs your support.

DCX

DCX
captmcblack said:
What the fuck is with this bootleg-ass organ at MSG? That is NOT the real organ.
Pheenix mentioned that a few days ago. It's either not the old one, or it's not tuned right.

DCX

dIEHARD said:
There's only 1 man deserving the name Hornacek in the building and he doesn't play for the Knicks.
The dude put up like 25+ (mostly on 3's) IN UTAH. He leads the NBA in 3-point percentage... what more do you want, jeez.

EDIT: PLEASE KEEPING LEAVING TONEY DOUGLAS WIDE OPEN.

Oh my god, CJ Miles and Raja Bell in the game at the same time, oh my god. CJ is 1-9 and all of them were terrible looks that he forced up, AAAAAAHHHHH. Dish Network saving me from total madness, but please put Jeremy Evans and Hayward in. I know Evans slept with your daughter Corbin (This story is made up by me but is the only reasonable explanation), but that can't be worse than what Raja and CJ do to your basketball team.

captmcblack said:
I cannot believe that Jared Jeffries being back on this team caused us to defend again.

Is this real life?
I know it won't happen, but I'm waiting for Rautins/Fields/Mason Jr./Balkman/Williams MAX VICTORY TAUNT lineup in the 4th.

jjasper

KingGondo said:
Grizz bringing the thuggery tonight.

How is that different than any other night?

Edit: The team's breads are starting to show too. Gonna be hilariously awesome in like 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom