• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Darko missed three games because of the birth of his child and Timberwolves fans wish he had missed significantly more.
Only 2 more years left on his contract. His expiring will be a big piece for the 2013 trade deadline.

Rodeo Clown said:
Only 2 more years left on his contract. His expiring will be a big piece for the 2013 trade deadline.

Combine that expiring with the 2013 Raja Bell expiring you'll get for Jonny Flynn and that's nearly $10m in expirings. Kahn will need it too after giving maxes to Magic, Love, and SuperCoolBeas. Man, 2013 will turn Kahn truly into the next Isiah.

KingGondo

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
HOLY motherfucking shit.

How in the hell did I manage to miss this?

Quite possibly Screamen A. Smith's greatest movement ever.
I never thought I'd say this, but I miss him. ESPN's NBA telecasts are incredibly boring now. Jon Barry is annoying, Chris Mullin isn't good on TV, and Stu Scott is an embarrassment.

Wilbon is the lone bright spot.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, when Colin Cowherd talks about the NBA, my brain explodes. LeBron James as the 7th best player ever in the NBA? Has him higher than Kareem, Hakeem and Duncan? Oh, my brain...

Kintaro said:
Man, when Colin Cowherd talks about the NBA, my brain explodes. LeBron James as the 7th best player ever in the NBA? Has him higher than Kareem, Hakeem and Duncan? Oh, my brain...

"Centers don't win in the NBA!"

I mean, he said this all the time before I quit listening to his show. He seems completely oblivious to anything that centers do even though it's easily the most important position.

Ephemeris

open_mouth_ said:
from realgm:

j14pqp.jpg
LOL

soo good.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I tuned into Cowherd for a minute after hearing that he ranked LeBron over Kareem, etc, and he just said that LeBron has no help in Miami, what.

He could miss every last second shot from now to when he retires and there will still be people that disregard all that yet they would likely hold that against others in the same context, to suit their agendas.

Kintaro

Cowherd on dat LeBron cock.

"He has never had a complimentary star to play with! Don't say Wade because they play the same position!"

"Larry Bird/Kareem/etc had Hall of Famers play with them!"

Dude's logic hurts my brain.

DCX

DCX
Benjamin1981 said:
Knicks are barely over .500 and you expect them to be a contender next season? I know that you are probably excited to have a playoff team again, but come on.
Yes i do. I expect a 50 win team next season and a run at a chip.

DCX

SamuraiX-

DCX said:
Yes i do. I expect a 50 win team next season and a run at a chip.

DCX

You understand that 50 wins in the East doesn't hold as much weight as 50 wins in the West, right?

Atlanta had +50 wins last season and Miami won 47, but everyone knew that neither was going to be able to compete for a championship.

The only teams coming out of the East for the next few years are Boston, Chicago, or Orlando.

DCX

DCX
SamuraiX- said:
You understand that 50 wins in the East doesn't hold as much weight as 50 wins in the West, right?

Atlanta had +50 wins last season and Miami won 47, but everyone knew that neither was going to be able to compete for a championship.

The only teams coming out of the East for the next few years are Boston, Chicago, or Orlando.
The East is stronger now. We will be difficult to handle in a series, as we will show this year.

DCX

charsace

masud said:
Most knick fans want D'Antoni strung up. Personally I think he's done all he could with the teams he's been given. The earliest he could be fired would be mid next season imo. There are no expectations besides the playoffs this year. But I think he'll be here until it's apparent that this team isn't winning shit, thats gonna be a couple more years...
I would keep him if he is willing to hire someone to coach the defense. The only thing D'Antoni's assistants have going for them is that they are the best looking group in the league. Best suits and great hair doesn't mean shit if they don't coach defense.

Jeff-DSA

Seeing Donnie's eyes on TV last night made me hungry for chocolate donuts. Luckily I resisted the lingering urge this morning.

charsace

Jeff-DSA said:
Seeing Donnie's eyes on TV last night made me hungry for chocolate donuts. Luckily I resisted the lingering urge this morning.
You gonna wish you had Donnie after Kevin O'Connor completely fubar's your team.

Jeff-DSA

charsace said:
You gonna wish you had Donnie after Kevin O'Connor completely fubar's your team.

You guys are the ones that mortgaged away tons of good talent for Carmelo and a rapidly breaking down Billups. Denver is probably giggling like a bunch of school girls over that one.

KingGondo

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
You guys are the ones that mortgaged away tons of good talent for Carmelo and a rapidly breaking down Billups. Denver is probably giggling like a bunch of school girls over that one.
Yeah, Denver actually came out really well after all the shit everyone gave Ujiri.

They've got assets, youth, athleticism, and they'll be rid of the K-Mart and JR Smith contracts after this season.

And they've been playing really well recently. Not sure if they can keep it up, but they're a tough squad.

Before Carmelo: none of those pieces are quality young talent, Favors is God, etc

After Carmelo: Carmelo is trash, Knicks traded gobs of quality young talent, Favors is neo-Bill Russell, etc

Knicks before this season started: Nets are better, Bucks are better, Bobcats are better, lol Knicks

Knicks winning during the season: lol Knicks SOS, Nets still better, lol shameball, etc

Knicks make the Carmelo trade and are still under the cap: Nets still have brighter future, Deron Williams is better than everyone, lol Knicks

ihatetheknicks.org guys, I know.

Celsior

captmcblack said:
Before Carmelo: none of those pieces are quality young talent, Favors is God, etc

After Carmelo: Carmelo is trash, Knicks traded gobs of quality young talent, Favors is neo-Bill Russell, etc

Dude, the Knicks can beat both Memphis and Dallas on the road, in back to back and someone here will still troll that the Knicks loss to the Cavs.

Knicks are not ready for the full playoff stretch, but they will upset someone in the first round this year, I believe that.

charsace

captmcblack said:

Knicks before this season started: Nets are better, Bucks are better, Bobcats are better, lol Knicks

Knicks winning during the season: lol Knicks SOS, Nets still better, lol shameball, etc

Knicks make the Carmelo trade: Nets still have brighter future, Deron Williams is better than everyone, lol Knicks

This shit is hilarious. I've been on here telling people that the knicks have talent and that Favors is a good player and can possibly DHoward like if he bulks up and the reply was always, "STFU they suck." Now that these guys are out of the tristate area these fools are jocking them. lol

The knicks hate is so transparent that its just pathetic now.

masud

Banned
All I know is that we are 3-1 in the Jared Jeffries era.

Jared Jeffries has scored 1 point during the Jared Jeffries era.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jeff-DSA said:
I won't post in the offseason on any pages where diehard posts if I have to see that retarded Melo face.
Plenty of plugins out there that let you block individual images.

charsace

masud said:
All I know is that we are 3-1 in the Jared Jeffries era.

Jared Jeffries has scored 1 point during the Jared Jeffries era.
I hate that Jared can't any type of shot, but he does seem to have a positive effect on the defense. He really knows how to play it and he actually calls things out.

Gigglepoo

Kintaro said:

Wait, Kareem? I can understand why the other two aren't Top 7 (though they should be ahead of LeBron), but how is Kareem so low? If you could have any player in NBA History for their entire career, Kareem would probably be in the Top 5 from what I've heard/read/seen. You could argue Jordan and Russel are higher, and maybe Magic, but that's it. That's the list. Kareem was unreal and played in the league forever.

Who was Cowherd's top 7?

Oh, and you guys realize he exists just to incite arguments, right? There's no way he believes half of what he says, but he's good at riling people up. You have to give him that.

ToxicAdam

Jeff-DSA said:

Thank god the Cavs held on to JJ Hickson and didn't get an elite player and settled on Antwan Jamison instead. amirite?

Don't want to "mortgage the future".

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Celsior said:
Dude, the Knicks can beat both Memphis and Dallas on the road, in back to back and someone here will still troll that the Knicks loss to the Cavs.

Knicks are not ready for the full playoff stretch, but they will upset someone in the first round this year, I believe that.

I give the Knicks a puncher's chance against ALL eastern teams, except Boston. Boston will handle the Knicks without much problem. The Knicks-Heat series would be epic.

captmcblack said:

Knicks make the Carmelo trade and are still under the cap: Nets still have brighter future, Deron Williams is better than everyone, lol Knicks

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6340183342668645660#

Kintaro

Gigglepoo said:
Wait, Kareem? I can understand why the other two aren't Top 7 (though they should be ahead of LeBron), but how is Kareem so low? If you could have any player in NBA History for their entire career, Kareem would probably be in the Top 5 from what I've heard/read/seen. You could argue Jordan and Russel are higher, and maybe Magic, but that's it. That's the list. Kareem was unreal and played in the league forever.

Who was Cowherd's top 7?

Oh, and you guys realize he exists just to incite arguments, right? There's no way he believes half of what he says, but he's good at riling people up. You have to give him that.

I can't recall his exact Top 7. Jordan, Magic...uh, Kobe was 5. Bird was 6 or something. He had Kareem and such at 9 at 10 and the other down.

Why? He played with Hall of Famers. Pretty much the argument there.

Yeah, Colin says stupid shit, but I think he actually does believe it. He just strikes me as that kind of guy.

KingGondo

Banned
commish said:
I give the Knicks a puncher's chance against ALL eastern teams, except Boston. Boston will handle the Knicks without much problem. The Knicks-Heat series would be epic.
I actually agree with this.

I would include the Bulls as the other toughest team, but they can definitely make things interesting against Miami. Especially considering the massive HCA the Knicks will have.

xnipx

ToxicAdam said:
Thank god the Cavs held on to JJ Hickson and didn't get an elite player and settled on Antwan Jamison instead. amirite?

Don't want to "mortgage the future".
That was the stupidest non trade ever. Bron and amare plus the cavs with heart would prolly be a 1 seed this year
If amare woulda been willing to play there

Gigglepoo

Kintaro said:
Why? He played with Hall of Famers. Pretty much the argument there.

Kareem's Bucks' championship team was hardly stacked. The Big O was at the tail end of his career and the rest of the guys were interchangeable pieces. He was just a crazy good center, from what I've heard.

diehard

Fleer
charsace said:
This shit is hilarious. I've been on here telling people that the knicks have talent and that Favors is a good player and can possibly DHoward like if he bulks up and the reply was always, "STFU they suck." Now that these guys are out of the tristate area these fools are jocking them. lol

The knicks hate is so transparent that its just pathetic now.
Wait, Knicks haters thought that a Nets player sucked but when he got moved they liked him? What does that have to do with the Knicks?

KingGondo

Banned
dIEHARD said:
What does that have to do with the Knicks?
Everything has to do with the Knicks. Half the discourse on this board happens because haters can't handle their success. A new age is dawning, Stat N Melo, haters gonna hate.

Gigglepoo said:
Stats are for suckers.

They are to a certain extent, they often don't tell half the story but it's all many have that haven't seen a player play all year.

Rose is the only player in the league that is in the top 10 in assists and points, SUCK ON THOSE STATS(not you).

Rose dominates usually in the second half, all I have to know about his value.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
KingGondo said:
I actually agree with this.

I would include the Bulls as the other toughest team, but they can definitely make things interesting against Miami. Especially considering the massive HCA the Knicks will have.

I think the Knicks can beat the Bulls. The Bulls are better, but I think Melo/Amare/Billups could do it. In two years, though, I could see the Bulls running over the eastern conference.

diehard

Fleer
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Rose is the only player in the league that is in the top 10 in assists and points, SUCK ON THOSE STATS(not you).
Deron's stats are arguably the same or even slightly better than Rose's stats this season
unless wins are a stat

commish said:
I think the Knicks can beat the Bulls. The Bulls are better, but I think Melo/Amare/Billups could do it. In two years, though, I could see the Bulls running over the eastern conference.

Though my family has been hardcore Laker fans for as long as I can remember seeing the Bulls do good is a guilty pleasure of pretty much all of us. I remember watching Jordan dismantle us in the 91 finals and just being completely enthralled with his dominance. Since then its almost impossible for me not to get excited when they are playing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom