• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LiveFromKyoto said:
Is it just me, or is it completely insane that ESPN has Jalen Rose on their NBA coverage sitting there telling Lebron how to win games? In 5 years will Michael Redd be the go-to expert for what everybody should have done in the playoffs?
They have to balance it out for when TNT has Kevin McHale on opining how to build a championship contender.

charsace

The Frankman said:
I'm not saying LeBron can't D Carmelo because Carmelo is of similar build, I'm saying Carmelo is better equipped to guard LeBron. LeBron doesn't play good D, we all know that. But Carmelo as a star player (ref respect), similar frame and a guy who knows LeBron's game better than Chandler/Gallo can do a better job than most if he actually works at it.
I agree. He has been matching up with Lebron for a long time and isn't scared of him. If anything lebron is more scared of melo.

pilonv1 said:
I always knew Monta was one of the all time greats. In a class of his own with Tim Duncan

The conclusion implied is silly.

Does Monte Ellis' teammates shoot that because:

A. he's so good at setting teammates up in spots where they score easily

B. he only gives up the rock when someone is ridiculously wide open that any player would score that easily.

My guess is it's more b than a.

giri

LovingSteam said:
LOL at Giri thinking the Heat would trade Bron before Wade. Sorry man but no way. I can't stand LeBron and I'd trade Wade in a milisecond before LeBron. Why? LeBron has yet to go down for a long period of time due to injury unlike Wade. Bron is MUCH more marketable compared to Wade. Bron is younger compared to Wade. Its easier to build around Bron than it is Wade. This may still be Wade's team but give it a year or so and it will no longer be.
That makes him much easier to trade, and you'd get a higher return for it. Brons bigger in the media. But thats about it.

Black Mamba said:
The conclusion implied is silly.

Does Monte Ellis' teammates shoot that because:

A. he's so good at setting teammates up in spots where they score easily

B. he only gives up the rock when someone is ridiculously wide open that any player would score that easily.

My guess is it's more b than a.

You forgot C. he passes to Stephen Curry.

LiveFromKyoto said:
Is it just me, or is it completely insane that ESPN has Jalen Rose on their NBA coverage sitting there telling Lebron how to win games? In 5 years will Michael Redd be the go-to expert for what everybody should have done in the playoffs?

Deron Williams-How to build the confidence of young players
Ronnie Brewer-How to improve shooting
LeBron James-How to adjust your play to help your team
Hasheem Thabeet-How to stick in the NBA

Lakers coach Phil Jackson launched this shot at the Miami Heat and crying in the locker room before even getting to town.

“This is the NBA: No Boys Allowed,”
said Jackson, whose Lakers face the Heat on Thursday night. “Big boys don’t cry. But if you’re going to do it, do it in the toilet where no one sees you.”

hahahaha. Phil loves getting his jabs in.

giri said:
That makes him much easier to trade, and you'd get a higher return for it. Brons bigger in the media. But thats about it.

Wade is 29 and injury prone. Bron is 26 (or was it 25). The age difference alone means they should trade Wade.

giri

thekad said:
He's also better.
Than eddie curry? yes

Wade? No

He's not even the best SF in the east

Black Mamba said:
Wade is 29 and injury prone. Bron is 26 (or was it 25). The age difference alone means they should trade Wade.

Depends when you want to hold your parades i guess. Pre-season? LBJ end of the finals? Wade.

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
How can you actually use Wade flopping his way to a ring as an argument for why he's clutch or has "Greatness"?
You're right, it'd be stupider to hold him winning a chip against him, than for him.

giga

We talking about 2006 finals? I remember those days.

jgwmz

wyti1

Good times.

I think the Lakers have 20 of their 26 points in the paint. Meanwhile, Atlanta has 2 of their points inside the paint (on a break).

Horford is 4/4 on 15+ foot shots, even defended, when it's not blocked.

The difference in interior D so far is quite stark.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
giga said:
We talking about 2006 finals? I remember those days.

http://kttns.org/jgwmz[/IMG

[IMG]http://kttns.org/wyti1[/IMG

Good times.[/QUOTE]
[B]Game 2[/B]

Wade: 21FTA
Dallas: 23FTA

[B]Game 3[/B]

Wade: 25FTA
Dallas: 25FTA

[B]Game 5[/B]

Wade: 18FTA
Dallas: 26FTA

Good times.

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers improved play is because Ron has started contributing again (on both ends) since the trade deadline. Bynum's play has also been important but I think Ron clamping guys down and *gasp* contributing offensively has been the real key.

giga

reilo said:
Game 2

Game 3

Game 5

Good times.
Sure, Dirk got a ton of calls as well but the amount of FTs Wade got reminded me of Shaq on the Lakers. Sickening. 97 FTs in the entire series. Madness.

Omiee

Cloudy said:
Lakers improved play is because Ron has started contributing again (on both ends) since the trade deadline. Bynum's play has also been important but I think Ron clamping guys down and *gasp* contributing offensively has been the real key.

yeah they said it during the spurs game that he is the key sometimes.
and he def is, when he is playing well its realy hard for us to be beat

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
Game 2

Game 3

Game 5

Good times.
And i thought in 07 when the Lakers went +51 in FTA over us was bad.

Cloudy said:

The Lakers have fully adjusted their defense since the all-star break.

They've changed Bynum's role a bit and now are switching a lot more on the perimeter and conceding shots from 15+ feet to the 3 point line. Before, they were funneling in to the post and then packing the paint and giving up 3s (laker opp are high in 3p FGA) and hoping to close. The Lakers are now playing more of a zone defense than ever (just watch how Bynum moves on D).

I agree with Ron on offense. But what has also helped is they're using Bynum less in isolation post-ups and using him more as a finisher, which doesn't bog down the offense and spacing as much. And when he does get it, he's looking to pass more now.

It's really interesting to see how different the defensive assignments are right now compared to November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom