• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosh has seen his scoring average dip about six points a game this season as he'a getting about three fewer shots per game than he did with the Toronto Raptors. His shots, however, are quite different.

According to Synergy Sports, 47 percent of Bosh's shots have been jumpers this season. Last year, only 31 percent of his shots were jumpers.

I know we enjoy bashing Bosh, but that's a huge statistic. Basically an element that was less than a 1/3 of his game is now being used almost half the time. It partially explains why he's been inconsistent lately.

I'm beginning to think Amare probably wouldn't have faired much better in South Beach. Wade knows how to play with big men but Lebron doesn't and it's Lebron who controls the ball 90% of the time.

However some of the blame still goes to Bosh. As evidence by those quotes up there, Bosh didn't really want to "Bang" in the post initially. I'm guessing he thought the Heat would be so dominant that he could chill and just take mid-range jumpers and still collect his championship ring. But now after the Heat's struggles and the media pointing the finger at him, he realizes he's going to have to put in work.

The Heat will probably be better off if Lebron lowers his point-production/shot attempts and focuses more on getting other players in sweet spots. Bosh actually did look pretty good the other day when he got the ball close to the rim.

charsace

The Chosen One said:
I know we enjoy bashing Bosh, but that's a huge statistic. Basically an element that was less than a 1/3 of his game is now being used almost half the time. It partially explains why he's been inconsistent lately.

I'm beginning to think Amare probably wouldn't have faired much better in South Beach. Wade knows how to play with big men but Lebron doesn't and it's Lebron who controls the ball 90% of the time.

However some of the blame still goes to Bosh. As evidence by those quotes up there, Bosh didn't really want to "Bang" in the post initially. I'm guessing he thought the Heat would be so dominant that he could chill and just take mid-range jumpers and still collect his championship ring. But now after the Heat's struggles and the media pointing the finger at him, he realizes he's going to have to put in work.

The Heat will probably be better off if Lebron lowers his point-production/shot attempts and focuses more on getting other players in sweet spots. Bosh actually did look pretty good the other day when he got the ball close to the rim.
Bolded is wrong. Bosh is a straight pussy. Amare would have punched out Lebron after the first month that Bosh had. You can tell because Amare has been taken shots at Bosh through the media all year. Amare has given every other big time power forward respect, but Bosh and its because he knows what's happening behind the scenes in miami.

SamuraiX-

The M.O.B said:
Uh you guys are overreacting par usual.
Heat going 8-2 in the next 3 weeks, book it.
The M.O.B said:
Only 6???? Give us a smidge of credit, 6 games would be downright shameful imo.

rvkQO.jpg

Wow, the Heat are tied with the Bobcats for the longest active losing streak right now. :lol

On Thursday, literally the hottest and the coldest teams will be playing each other. It's almost a mirror of the Christmas game when the Heat were streaking and the Lakers were slumping.

numble said:
Technically they've only lost 4 so far, if he made that comment on 2/28.

nah, he said they'd be 8-2. I replied that if Miami went 6-4 during this stretch it would be a success. He dismissed my comments.

Now I get to laugh!

The M.O.B

Yeah this streak is disappointing and a shame, 5 losses against good/great teams, that's just how it is. /shrug

If anything this will help get Spo off his arse and fix his messed up rotations.

Are my expectations lowered? No, and they shouldn't be for anybody. We are supposed to be seeing championship ball being played but its not, hence the shitstorm of hate.

Gigglepoo said:
I know it's way too early to talk about this, but what would the Heat do if they decide these players can't win together?

They could easily get 2 or 3 quality pieces and picks for any one of their big 3. They could fleece 25 teams in the league if they put Lebron or Wade on the block. They'd at least be able to swindle Khan out of Love's expiring and Rubio for a few years of Bosh in 2013.

Gigglepoo

Sho_Nuff82 said:
They could easily get 2 or 3 quality pieces and picks for any one of their big 3. They could fleece 25 teams in the league if they put Lebron or Wade on the block. They'd at least be able to swindle Khan out of Love's expiring and Rubio for a few years of Bosh in 2013.

Why would Khan give up Love and Rubio for a guy who makes way more than Love, isn't better than him, and would hate to play in Minnesota?

What are some serious trades they could make if they decide to blow this up?

The M.O.B said:
Yeah this streak is disappointing and a shame, 5 losses against good/great teams, that's just how it is. /shrug

If anything this will help get Spo off his arse and fix his messed up rotations.

Are my expectations lowered? No, and they shouldn't be for anybody. We are supposed to be seeing championship ball being played but its not, hence the shitstorm of hate.

no, you're really not. Only Boston, SAS, and LAL are "supposed" to play championship ball. Chicago (and possibly Dallas) is playing it even though it wasn't a given. Miami thought they were gonna do it, but they were just wrong.

Just like Lebron thought it was gonna be easy, so goes Miami fans, apparently. Miami isn't "supposed" to do anything. Just because some who miscalculated says so doesn't make it right.

The M.O.B said:

who says they're suppose to be playing championship ball?
all i see is wade and a bunch of titos that need to win 18 games to match the cavs last year.
hell, why stop wit the heat?
im calling it now, the knicks are supposed to be playing championship ball

SamuraiX-

The M.O.B said:

SMFH if you think that's why the Heat are being ridiculed.

viakado said:
who says they're suppose to be playing championship ball?
all i see is wade and a bunch of titos that need to win 18 games to match the cavs last year.
hell, why stop wit the heat?
im calling it now, the knicks are supposed to be playing championship ball
You have to forgive Heat-Age, the only chip they have was gift wrapped from D.Sterns office. Can you blame them in believing with the 3 amigos it should be an automatic chip?

giri

Gigglepoo said:
I know it's way too early to talk about this, but what would the Heat do if they decide these players can't win together?
as i was saying this morning, you trade LBJ. Andre Miller and Camby would look good out there. felton gallo nene?

felton, wade, gallo, bosh, nene. Thats a decent line up.

Gigglepoo

giri said:
as i was saying this morning, you trade LBJ. Andre Miller and Camby would look good out there. felton gallo nene?

They'd be a better team (until Wade gets hurt), but there's no way they would trade LeBron for that pu-pu platter.

charsace

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Bosh value is in the toilet right now. Only a dumb gm wo...

giri said:

No way on Gods green earth do you trade LBJ and keep Bosh. You dont trade Bron unless you're getting an MJ, Scottie, Hakeem, Kobe, or prime Duncan type of player.

Gigglepoo said:
Why would Khan give up Love and Rubio for a guy who makes way more than Love, isn't better than him, and would hate to play in Minnesota?

Did you miss Love's comments re: All Star Weekend? If he doesn't agree to an extension, I could see the Wolves making a panicky trade. Welcome to the post-Decision NBA.

I mentioned yesterday or the day before, the Heat could replicate the Knicks trade - Lebron for Mozgoff, Felton, Chandler, and Galinari - and be a better team right now.

charsace

LovingSteam said:
No way on Gods green earth do you trade LBJ and keep Bosh. You dont trade Bron unless you're getting an MJ, Scottie, Hakeem, Kobe, or prime Duncan type of player.
A trade that can happen is Lebron, Bosh and first round picks for DHoward and Gunbert.

Gigglepoo

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Did you miss Love's comments re: All Star Weekend? If he doesn't agree to an extension, I could see the Wolves making a panicky trade. Welcome to the post-Decision NBA.

It just seems crazy to trade for Bosh when you know he's going to be miserable. And he's way overpaid.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I mentioned yesterday or the day before, the Heat could replicate the Knicks trade - Lebron for Mozgoff, Felton, Chandler, and Galinari - and be a better team right now.

That would be really interesting. I think their stuck with Bosh, but they have to try to move one of their wings.

And, no, this isn't panic talk. They're redundant.

giri

LovingSteam said:
LOL lbj isn't on that level, and isn't even close.

Sho_Nuff82 said:

That only works if the RFA is removed in the new CBA and no Franchise Tag added.

I see RFA staying, fwiw.

giri said:
LOL lbj isn't on that level, and isn't even close.
He is in terms of trade value, $$$ in what he brings to a team, ability to make a not so good team into a good one. When you trade Bron, you better not get anything less than a game changing talent and player.

Sho_Nuff82 said:

PG: Felton or Chalmers
SG: Wade
SF: Gallinari
PF: Bosh
C: Anthony

bench: Chandler, Felton/Chalmers, Haslem, Jones, Millier, Big Z, House

That's not bad at all and they'd still shoot 30 FTs a game plus have actual guys who can hit 3's.

IraHeatBeat

LeBron James called LaMarcus Aldridge the "biggest snub in All-Star history."

Why does Lebron open his mouth? Ever.

no offense to Reilo, I just think saying the biggest in NBA history is a bit much there.

Booshka

marathonfool said:
Are you questioning the King's knowledge of NBA history?
Wade's pass was also the best in NBA History. I assume if the Lakers blow out the Heat Thursday, he will say they are the best team in NBA History.

Branduil

Gigglepoo said:

Dwyane Wade for Jason Kidd and Brendan Haywood.

SamuraiX-

I can't wait until the Heat blow out the Lakers again so all the lifelongs can start coming back out and telling me more about how they already won.

giri

Barrage said:
The Heat's Frontcourt would still be too soft to be taken seriously.

Although the hilarity of Lebron and Vince on the same team would be worth it.
Eh? there's many things robins been called, but soft isn't one of them.

Black Mamba said:
Why does Lebron open his mouth? Ever.

no offense to Reilo, I just think saying the biggest in NBA history is a bit much there.

You can't really fault Lebron. He only started following the NBA last year.

SamuraiX- said:
I can't wait until the Heat blow out the Lakers again so all the lifelongs can start coming back out and telling me more about how they already won.

hey, don't wish for that. Let's all hope LAL blows them out of the water so everyone can cry some more.

Then they can win by a point against Memphis on some BS foul call so the lifelongs claim the ship is righted.

Black Mamba said:
hey, don't wish for that. Let's all hope LAL blows them out of the water so everyone can cry some more.

Then they can win by a point against Memphis on some BS foul call so the lifelongs claim the ship is righted.
I can't decide what's better, Laker fans crying or Heat players crying.

marathonfool said:
I can't decide what's better, Laker fans crying or Heat players crying.

Laker fans won't be crying because of this one game. Even if they lose, which is very possible given the bi-polar nature of the team, the game doesn't mean that much. The Dallas game matters more.

Playoffs, sure. Not this one.

Black Mamba said:
Laker fans won't be crying because of this one game. Even if they lose, which is very possible given the bi-polar nature of the team, the game doesn't mean that much. The Dallas game matters more.

Playoffs, sure. Not this one.

Pretty much. Plus this non-physical 'crying' for LAL fans is pretty much finished after losing to Cleveland. Theres really not much lower to go other than crying in a literal sense over a few losses. I actually won't be surprised if LA loses.

Losing to the Cavs was pretty much their low-point.

Yeah in some respects they probably want to avenge their Christmas Day embarrassment, but honestly they have bigger fish to fry. Many of the playoff bound Western conference teams are really starting to look sharp now.

Whereas the Heat at their current rate well be lucky to get out of the second round. This really isn't a "Finals Preview" anymore. I'm sure the Lakers would love to add to the Heat's misery, but even if they lose to them, it won't cause a panic.

As for Heat trades, realistically I don't see it (trading Wade, Lebron, or Bosh) happening unless they get bounced out of the first round or the tension in the locker becomes unmanageable. Barring those two circumstances, I think everyone involved will give it at least another season before making major moves. Also management won't move them until it's proven without a doubt that the three can't co-exist. Both Bosh and Wade have shown they're willing to make pretty big sacrifices to their game.I think it will come down to Lebron on whether he's wiling to sacrifice a huge chunk of his $tats for the greater good of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom