• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnipx

ph33nix said:
Everybody has mediocre records against the best teams in the league. You're supposed to win some and lose some. All I remember is many people shitting their pants before the playoffs started because the Lakers lost to the Cavs, they were on a roll, etc. etc.

And I never said Bosh would suddenly become like Garnett. Did I? You really think Heat fans are delusional in every post we make. Get over it.
But the heat don't win them...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
ph33nix said:
Everybody has mediocre records against the best teams in the league. You're supposed to win some and lose some. All I remember is many people shitting their pants before the playoffs started because the Lakers lost to the Cavs, they were on a roll, etc. etc.

And I never said Bosh would suddenly become like Garnett. Did I? You really think Heat fans are delusional in every post we make. Get over it.

I dunno. Spurs are 27-11 against teams over .500. Heat are 15-19.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
commish said:
I dunno. Spurs are 27-11 against teams over .500. Heat are 15-19.
Did Jason Kidd really kill your dog?

I'm not arguing on the records there, the Heat really should be better against winning teams.

commish

twinturbo2 said:
Did Jason Kidd really kill your dog?

I'm not arguing on the records there, the Heat really should be better against winning teams.

The Mavs will never go anywhere with Jason Kidd as their starting PG. Mav fans just don't want to hear the truth.

numble

ph33nix said:
Winning record > Mediocre record > Losing record.

Guess where 15-19 fits in.

Blackace said:
That team is hot trash..

You'd still have a huge gaping asshole in the front line on D minus 30 8 and 6 per game..
Bosh w/ no LeBron finally grows a pair, plus the team finally has some chemistry. Anthony/Haslem can anchor the frontcourt D and Anthony starting will be offset by the offensive abilities of the others.

SamuraiX-

Jay Sosa said:
Well they do have a decent team, I always wondered why they aren't more successful with Brand and Iguadala.

They have virtually the same team from last season.

The only real notable additions they made were Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner. They also lost Samuel Dalembert, who I think could have made them even better this season.

We need a Philly fan to come in here and break it down for us.

What is Doug Collins doing that Maurice Cheeks/Eddie Jordan fucked up with so badly last season?

JoeFu

Banned
commish said:
The Mavs will never go anywhere with Jason Kidd as their starting PG. Mav fans just don't want to hear the truth.

I'm pretty sure we all know this... Kidd is old and can't do anything. I mean he still has games where he assists like crazy, but when his shot isn't falling he's pretty useless. Also kinda sad, but he's probably the best defender in the front court for the Mavs...

commish

JoeFu said:
I'm pretty sure we all know this... Kidd is old and can't do anything. I mean he still has games where he assists like crazy, but when his shot isn't falling he's pretty useless. Also kinda sad, but he's probably the best defender in the front court for the Mavs...

He's definitely their best front court defender.

AirBrian

commish said:

Kidd has been more effective and been healthier than Devin Harris has since that trade.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Bosh should play like he was still a Raptor or even more aggressively even

This. Bosh is being very hypocritical. He's complaining about not getting enough touches in the post but during the same rant mentions that he doesn't like to go up against big guys bigger than him. Which is basically...Every big man in the league. In the beginning of the year, Bosh was talking about how important it is for him to have accepted the fact that he's a shooting big, not a normal big, and he is comfortable being himself. Now he's saying he wants more post work? Then get down in the post. LeBron and Wade should not be out rebounding you every night.

That Bostrich video does mention something worth noting as well. Ever since the Big 3 came together, Bosh has been the one to seek the most lime light. He's been going on lots of talk shows, doing lots of interviews, photo sessions, etc. For as much crap as LeBron and Wade take, Bosh seems to be the one who's not in the right mindset.

Not that Bosh is the only problem the Heat have. Since the All-Star break the bench has been absolutely awol. And, when Bosh was playing well as the stop and pop shooter, things were going well. The question to be asked long term is, is that really the role he should have to make the Heat offense successful. One way or another the team needs more of a post presence.

Owzers

The Heat "bench" takes turns sitting out of every other game in a " who do we feel like playing today?" rotation. Some of these players sit so long i forget they are on the team.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LosDaddie said:
I blame the loss on Dwight being suspended. Portland has some tall dude (#12) just beastin' on the Magic all night. I imagine Howard would've put a stop to that if he were on the court on Monday.

Despite the Magic losing, we had a great time. Got a little inebriated by those $8 beers.
wat

Jeremy Evans starting tonight, get excited! CJ Miles starting as well which means I might have an ulcer and die in the first five minutes of the game, but that might suggest he's been demoted behind Hayward since third-string players usually start after injuries for the Jazz which would be nice as well!

AirBrian said:
Kidd has been more effective and been healthier than Devin Harris has since that trade.

I think Devin would have gotten out of the first round playing with Dirk Nowitski against a team of beat up second round fodder. Hell, Roddy would have if your coach wasn't an idiot.

reilo

viakado said:
its a convertible though!
Still two feet taller than the front of a Kia, and he put the ball through his legs before he dunked it.

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Bosh is super athletic and has a 7'6 wingspan.

And he's proven you can't build a team around him and would bolt at the first opportunity. Love for Bosh would be insane, though you know the Heat would do it in a second.

Gigglepoo said:
And he's proven you can't build a team around him and would bolt at the first opportunity. Love for Bosh would be insane, though you know the Heat would do it in a second.

David Kahn doesn't care about any of that. 7'6 wingspan, super athletic.

AirBrian

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I think Devin would have gotten out of the first round playing with Dirk Nowitski against a team of beat up second round fodder. Hell, Roddy would have if your coach wasn't an idiot.
Well we're not talking about Roddy here, Roddy B is a whole 'nother topic.

That said, now that the Mavs have a real inside type guy in Chandler who can actually finish around the rim instead of playing volleyball with rock hands, the Mavs will go very deep this year. Kidd can actually get the ball down low and take advantage of Chandler. Dampier wouldn't even look for a pass from Kidd half the time. I'm honestly surprised Dampier wasn't hit in the head more often by a Kidd pass.

SamuraiX-

There's only 1 1/2 games separating the 5 seed and the 8 seed in the West.

There's a 9 1/2 game separation between the same seeds in the East.

Who was it on here saying that the East is arguably more stacked than the West now?

Anth0ny

SamuraiX- said:
There's only 1 1/2 games separating the 5 seed and the 8 seed in the West.

There's a 9 1/2 game separation between the same seeds in the East.

Who was it on here saying that the East is arguably more stacked than the West now?

Boston has officially clinched a playoff spot in the East lol.

There is a 6 game separation between 7 and 8 seed in the East.

Memphis is 8th and has 3 less wins than 4th place OKC.

That's pretty insane. I seem to recall a couple of seasons ago where most of the West seeding was decided on the last day of the season. We may see a repeat of that this year. Damn.

reilo

The “good teams” in this case are San Antonio, Boston, Chicago, and Dallas, the teams with the best records in the NBA. Three of these four teams are particularly good on the defensive side of the ball, Chicago ranking first, Boston second, and San Antonio seventh in defensive efficiency. In the half court, these teams are first, second, and fourth in defense.

Against these teams, the Heat have scored under 100 points per 100 possessions, about 10 points worse than their average. So not only are these defenses very good, but they are also having more success against the Heat than against the rest of the league. The Heat offense was supposed to be unstoppable and this is, well, a far cry from that.
When trying to answer this question, the first thing that jumps out to me about the Heat as a team is that these guys dribble a lot.

Dribble charts show where and how much teams dribble in order to score, and the Heat have a big red area indicating that they dribble to score more than any other team.
http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/26150/too-much-bouncing-could-get-heat-bounced

dvdjamm

199864_544456749293_214200084_31915056_8144532_n.jpg

reilo

ToxicAdam said:
Lebron misses a Varejao-type of player that could work with him on pick and rolls, or get free under the basket for an easy lay-up, or dig out a rebound from one of LBJ's bricks.

Theoretically, Bosh could be that guy but he doesn't want to assume that role.
Part of LaMarcus' improved play this year is that he adapted his game and learned how to be a better roll player to the basket. He now leads the league in alley-oops made and dunks. It's easy baskets and doesn't take as much energy as trying to post up for 10-15-20 seconds at a time. Why Bosh would be opposed to utilizing that, I don't know.

Speaking of Varejao... if he was healthy and on this Miami team instead of Bosh for a third of the price, the Heat would be better. They'd lose the mid-range game, but he'd give them 9-10PPG on high efficiency instead of 45FG% jumpshots. And then you factor in his defense...

reilo

CherryWoodFuton said:
Dont get me wrong i was cracking up at the last few shops but that one even my 60 yr old uncle posted that on facebook
Why you crying about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom