• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Lebron misses a Varejao-type of player that could work with him on pick and rolls, or get free under the basket for an easy lay-up, or dig out a rebound from one of LBJ's bricks.

Theoretically, Bosh could be that guy but he doesn't want to assume that role.

The thing is, Bosh genuinely felt as though he had become a true blue-collar type big man due to his production in the Olympics. I recall an interview in which he was touting his roll on Team USA as a defensive anchor and rebounding machine.

Well, reality has set in and he's realizing that he can't replicate what he did in the Olympics, because the bigs in the NBA don't play finesse basketball (well not most anyway).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CherryWoodFuton said:
Dont get me wrong i was cracking up at the last few shops but that one even my 60 yr old uncle posted that on facebook
Edit: i loled

Need to stop getting so upset at these types of things.

Anyway, Ty Thomas not playing tonight. I JUST picked him up in my fantasy league... why is he doing this to me?

Derwind

Sorry everyone, I know you guys don't want to hear about another new member but new Raptors-age coming on board.

Long Life Raptors fan, so it goes without saying I'm used to disappointment. Born & raised in the mean streets of T.O.

Been following this thread since the pre-Season, a friend mentioned this site and I've been hooked ever since.

The basketball is probably the only sport I can stand, I just don't find any other sport that interesting....sometimes you'll see me watching Tennis tournaments though....

I got thicker skin then most, so I won't freak out in discussions.

Anyways, its great to be here....

SUPREME1

Banned
reilo said:
Talk about salty.

salt-word-m.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
commish said:
Need to stop getting so upset at these types of things.

Anyway, Ty Thomas not playing tonight. I JUST picked him up in my fantasy league... why is he doing this to me?
Because you said he was better than LMA. The universe is set on proving you wrong all de time.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
CherryWoodFuton said:
I love you guys
What are you on your period? First you flip out over a menial thing and then start crying, and now all of the sudden you love us again?

commish

Derwind said:
Sorry everyone, I know you guys don't want to hear about another new member but new Raptors-age coming on board.

Long Life Raptors fan, so it goes without saying I'm used to disappointment. Born & raised in the mean streets of T.O.

Been following this thread since the pre-Season, a friend mentioned this site and I've been hooked ever since.

The basketball is probably the only sport I can stand, I just don't find any other sport that interesting....sometimes you'll see me watching Tennis tournaments though....

I got thicker skin then most, so I won't freak out in discussions.

Anyways, its great to be here....

I don't know what's worse... having to support the shitty Raptors franchise, or being associated with the other Raptor fans of NBA GAF.

Welcome!

commish

reilo said:
Because you said he was better than LMA. The universe is set on proving you wrong all de time.

Ha, too funny, I thought you forgot about that.

But remember when I said Rudy Gay was better than Roy?

I am sometimes right.

reilo said:
What are you on your period? First you flip out over a menial thing and then start crying, and now all of the sudden you love us again?
$5 says it took him 10mins to come up with a witty rebuttal.
hey, junior. let's see what you do with a remote control.

Derwind

commish said:
I don't know what's worse... having to support the shitty Raptors franchise, or being associated with the other Raptor fans of NBA GAF.

Welcome!

Thanks.

It could be worse, we could carry some false expectations of post season success. I'm comfortable with the Raptors Age since I know what to expect and we got BASED ED & Advanced STAT. We already won!

F@mous

Banned
Chris Bosh is a woman. If he were a man we would be winning. He cowers every game. Someone needs to slap the shit outta him and at least make him a scorned woman.

giga

Takuan said:
Pimpwerx, where you at? I'm ready to collect that $100, mane.
Banned.

Chris Bosh: "Dude's soft and will get bullied on the boards." Bitch please! He's gonna be our main offensive weapon. I don't know if he'll be the high scorer on any given night, but I see him putting up the better average on the season. He'll definitely average 10+ boards again. His jumper is so sweet. Would never know it since the Raps are never on tv. He's gonna be a problem for a lot of teams, because no way they don't double Wade or Bron.

GamerSoul

We'll get them next time. The Blazers were just hitting everything and making unbelievable hustle plays. No need to shed tears.

Kind of funny joke I stole from another board:

Never ask LeBron for change for a dollar...

He'll never give you the fourth quarter.

Ehh, maybe it's not that good. What is good is that the Jazz are going to be playing the players that will be here next season tonight, oh yeah.

Derwind

giga said:
Banned.

Chris Bosh: "Dude's soft and will get bullied on the boards." Bitch please! He's gonna be our main offensive weapon. I don't know if he'll be the high scorer on any given night, but I see him putting up the better average on the season. He'll definitely average 10+ boards again. His jumper is so sweet. Would never know it since the Raps are never on tv. He's gonna be a problem for a lot of teams, because no way they don't double Wade or Bron.

Where's my troll face. >:-D

J2 Cool

Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is 36 points shy of 4,000 in his career.

When he reaches the mark, Westbrook will join Oscar Robertson, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Anfernee Hardaway as the only players in NBA history to amass 4,000 points, 1,500 assists and 1,000 rebounds in their first three seasons.

The 22-year-old Westbrook has been named Western Conference Player of the Week five times this season. No other player in the West has been selected more than twice.

Impressive accolades for Westbrook. Still not sure where I value him league-wide, but he's having a hell of a season.

KingGondo said:

Rose is 127 rebounds away from reaching 1,000, not sure if he can do it by the end of the season.

Needs to avg almost 6.5rbs a game the last 20. Still possible, but not quite likely. His best month this season was 5 flat. Plus he has Noah and Boozer healthy on the team right now.

thekad said:
Can we talk about the Heat some more?

What Brad Miller did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8jICYLUgo&feature=player_embedded

Dat Steve Nash defense.

The Blazers-Heat game last night highlighted the lack of leadership on the Heat team. Lebron and Wade's only answer to the slump is to utilize more of their own talents. Spoelstra's inability to get the players to buy into a team paradigm has left a leadership vacancy. There's no sense of team vision or mantra. The identity of the team is strictly individual.

Funny as it seems, Bosh is probably the one guy who sacrificed the most and Wade to a certain extent. They both yield to Lebron. Allowing him to mold the Heat team to his shape and turn them into his Cavalier subordinates. Except the pieces don't fit and the egos are bigger. From the presser last night, it sounds like Bosh has had enough with playing the flexible puddy and wants his share of touches.

dIEHARD said:
Point guard rebounds are pretty close to the most worthless stat there is.
Westbrook goes after every offensive rebound. Often leaving his team mismatched on the other end of the floor when he doesn't get it.

diehard

Fleer
marathonfool said:
Westbrook goes after every offensive rebound. Often leaving his team mismatched on the other end of the floor when he doesn't get it.
Yes. All the time i see Rondo run in there to get a rebound , miss it, a big outlets to the opposing point guard as he starts a fast break only for Rondo to be bailed out by KG/C's defense. Seriously, no trolling here.

commish

dIEHARD said:
Yes. All the time i see Rondo run in there to get a rebound , miss it, a big outlets to the opposing point guard as he starts a fast break only for Rondo to be bailed out by KG/C's defense. Seriously, no trolling here.

How did I know you were going to bring up Rondo?

diehard

Fleer
commish said:
Come on, you know me, I always prefer talking about Kidd.
Bigs going for rebounds is expected, their position calls for them to be in the paint. Guards crashing the boards is a philosophy that results in more offensive possessions but starts transition offense for the opposing team. It's similar to gambling for steals.

Jeff-DSA

I hate when PGs crash the boards. It's more detrimental than helpful. You gotta cover that outlet if you're transitioning to defense or you gotta get out ready to receive the outlet if you're transitioning to offense.

diehard

Fleer
Jeff-DSA said:
I hate when PGs crash the boards. It's more detrimental than helpful. You gotta cover that outlet if you're transitioning to defense or you gotta get out ready to receive the outlet if you're transitioning to offense.
PG's going for defensive rebounds isn't a big issue to me, if they get it there is no need for an outlet, and if they don't they can still cover their man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom