• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as the Heat don't realize Wade should be getting the ball and carving teams up and make Lebron the Robin he is, Knicks can beat the Heat. It boggles my mind how every Knick fan knows Knicks have no answer to guard Wade (Anthony Carter lol) but the ball keeps going to LeBron in those games.

@ Black Mamba - Chicago/NY/Cavs, any of those teams really.

Branduil

I mean if you can't even beat the Hornets without Chris Paul the odds of the Mavs even winning a single playoff game is next to nothing. I will be shocked if the Mavs play more than 5 playoff games.

Derwind

The Frankman said:
As long as the Heat don't realize Wade should be getting the ball and carving teams up and make Lebron the Robin he is, Knicks can beat the Heat. It boggles my mind how every Knick fan knows Knicks have no answer to guard Wade (Anthony Carter lol) but the ball keeps going to LeBron in those games.

@ Black Mamba - Chicago/NY/Cavs, any of those teams really.

Its like the law of verticality, when times get tough, give it to LeBron for the Anti-Clutch...

KingGondo

Banned
xnipx said:
You don't actually think he's better than Melo do u??

PS I'm a durant fan. He's still a few years away tho. He shoulda been a terp :-/
Yes I think he's a better overall player. He's not more clutch than Melo, but who is?

34 and 16 was huge tonight. We (obviously) don't win without him.

And I'm glad he went to a Big 12 school, I think it made him more receptive to staying here for the long haul.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
charsace said:
I want miami because Lebron is obviously scared of Carmelo.
If that happens, the smug smile on your face will be wiped out so quickly it'll be like the world stopped.

I'm scared shitless of a Knicks/Heat playoff matchup.

Branduil

Terry at the 1, Kidd at the 2, Cardinal at the 3 is such an awesome defensive lineup. I'm shocked they couldn't get stops down the stretch.

Gigglepoo

Branduil said:
I mean if you can't even beat the Hornets without Chris Paul the odds of the Mavs even winning a single playoff game is next to nothing. I will be shocked if the Mavs play more than 5 playoff games.

No one is disagreeing with you. Mavs suck.

xnipx

KingGondo said:
Yes I think he's a better overall player. He's not more clutch than Melo, but who is?

34 and 16 was huge tonight. We (obviously) don't win without him.

And I'm glad he went to a Big 12 school, I think it made him more receptive to staying here for the long haul.
What is Durant better at?

Branduil said:
Terry at the 1, Kidd at the 2, Cardinal at the 3 is such an awesome defensive lineup. I'm shocked they couldn't get stops down the stretch.
I'm hoping to see that lineup tomorrow vs. the Knicks, I'd like to see if Amar'e and Carmelo can each get 30+ in the same game again.

Pistons better stay ahead of the Nets and keep the Nets in the 6th worst odds. Season will be a near total failure if the Jazz don't end up with Irving or Valanciunas.

Holy crap, Xenogears' UI is terrible...

Sharp

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Clippers: 108

Celtics: 103
Mo Williams scoring 28 points on efficient shooting and DeAndre Jordan scoring another 20 are not eventualities that should be expected.

Branduil

The Frankman said:
I'm hoping to see that lineup tomorrow vs. the Knicks, I'd like to see if Amar'e and Carmelo can each get 30+ in the same game again.
Mavs will somehow be winning but will lose in the last minute. Roddy will score 25 points in only 12 minutes and will not play in the entire 4th quarter.

Derwind said:
Such pessimism, the refs are there for a reason. :/

edit; Spurs-age please don't lose, I already lost two unexpected games today, my pick'ems are looking like trash on my debut. Please, please win!!!
Im LTTP but damnit Mavs you too????? Fuck you Carlisle for ruining my pick em

dIEHARD said:
Melo beats Durant in douche-smirk all day, every day.

XCqfH.jpg

Gigglepoo

xnipx said:
What is Durant better at?

Did you just miss the first five months of this season? Melo was a pouting little bitch until he got traded to the team he wanted to be on. I'd much rather have a guy who isn't a bitch.

Jeff-DSA

I'd take Durant over Carmelo any day. Carmelo is a born and bred loser. You can set your clock by it if you have some sort of clock that needs to keep accurate loser time.

dIEHARD said:
Melo beats Durant in douche-smirk all day, every day.
Jeff-DSA said:
I'd take Durant over Carmelo any day. Carmelo is a born and bred loser. You can set your clock by it if you have some sort of clock that needs to keep accurate loser time.
I see Melo's People Of Utah are out tonight!

melo.jpg

Sharp

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
"Earlier in the day Michael Jordan had told reporters that Derrick Rose deserves the MVP this season."
Michael Jordan has certainly proven himself to be a great evaluator of talent in the past, so I'd say this one pretty much seals it.

diehard

Fleer
The Frankman said:
That commercial was hilarious when Denver was down 20.
GremlinFool said:
I don't think there ought to be any dissent in the Melo vs. Durant debate. Melo is clearly the better player.
He's that once in a lifetime "trade me and my team gets better" type of talent.

Branduil

I don't know why Lakers-age is so worried about the second seed. They're going to have homecourt in the second round regardless.

Sharp said:
Michael Jordan has certainly proven himself to be a great evaluator of talent in the past, so I'd say this one pretty much seals it.

Best player ever to play the game recognizes the best player in the game, I say it's credible.

This is not him scouting, it's him recognizing.

According to Jordan then...

Rose>Kobe>>>>>>>LeBron

Jeff-DSA

GremlinFool said:
I don't think there ought to be any dissent in the Melo vs. Durant debate. Melo is clearly the better player.

At what, forcing the whistle? Yeah, probably. Durant will always be a much better team player and he's still younger and hasn't even hit his full prime yet. Carmelo is a chucker that gets hot quite often, but he's as doughy as Michael Cera when things get tough.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He shouldn't even be in the league.

The dude backed a Bull down early on and was right near the basket, missed everything like an asshole.
I just hope Boozer can come back soon enough.

Sharp

Jeff-DSA said:
At what, forcing the whistle? Yeah, probably. Durant will always be a much better team player and he's still younger and hasn't even hit his full prime yet. Carmelo is a chucker that gets hot quite often, but he's as doughy as Michael Cera when things get tough.
Huh? I don't know that I prefer Melo as a player but he's proven himself time and time again in the clutch.

dabig2

Heh, so the Bulls have not only clinched a playoff spot tonight but have basically clinched the Central already. They can lose out and Indiana can win out and the Bulls will still get in before them due to owning the tiebreaker.

dIEHARD said:
Look at this sentence you just typed , analyze it. Then smack yourself.

He already did this year, much faster than Bosh(though that's not a good reference point).

He'll be fine.

No hurry either, they are stacked with talented big men.

Taj Gibson will more than hold the fort while Boozer is out.

Cloudy

Banned

What does KD actually do better than Melo? Shoot fts and 3s?

Melo has:

- better handles
- better mid-range game
- better post-up game
- better play-making skills
- better defensive skills

The regular season clutch, sure.

How about we let KD get his team to the WCF before comparing him to Melo?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Best player ever to play the game recognizes the best player in the game, I say it's credible.

This is not him scouting, it's him recognizing.

According to Jordan for MVP...

Rose>Kobe>>>>>>>LeBron

Fixed that right up. He's said multiple times that Kobe is it for this gen.

Next one? It should belong to Lebron, but instead will belong to Rose/Durant.

Jarrett Jack with Roddy defending him: 1-6, 2 points.

Jarrett Jack with everyone else defending him: 7-13, 19 points.

Stop over analyzing.

Jeff-DSA said:
Durant is an even worse chucker than Melo is, except he folds more easily than toilet paper. He's also more turnover prone and a substantially worse passer (and in my opinion an inferior rebounder as well).

Game on the line, I would NEVER take Durant over Melo. For individual playoff defense, I wouldn't take Durant over Melo either. Melo also can create his own shot, while Durant more or less has been relegated to the position of a glorified spot-up shooter. Durant cannot dribble or post up.

I'll give Durant free throw shooting though, I guess.

charsace

Jeff-DSA said:
His that why he's been in the playoffs every year? Won that title in his one season at Cuse?

dabig2 said:
Heh, so the Bulls have not only clinched a playoff spot tonight but have basically clinched the Central already. They can lose out and Indiana can win out and the Bulls will still get in before them due to owning the tiebreaker.

I know it's a terrible dvision but they haven't lost in it and would be the only team ever to finish a year undefeated in their division since such and such(I forget, since they had divisions of that many teams or whatnot).

Jeff-DSA

charsace said:
His that why he's been in the playoffs every year? Won that title in his one season at Cuse?

He's your problem now. Do you think there's a reason Denver fans have been chanting "who needs Melo?" at games?

He's definitely the more talented player, but he's not a team player. Basketball is a team sport. He's better in more aspects of the game, yes, but Durant is the guy I'd rather build my team with.

If Carmelo leads his team to a championship and he's the recognized leader of the team, I'll eat my hat. It's a nice hat too, but I'm not even worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom