• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Did anyone see Wade snuff Kobe on that second to last play? He had his hand on Kobe's head as he broke away from him. Wtf.

AK47 Adjusted DRtg:

2003-2004: +6
2004-2005: +8
2005-2006: +6

Duncan Adjusted DRtg:

2003-2004: +5
2004-2005: +5

AK had the better defensive stats.

Of course, KG was the best defender in the league and the stats confirm that:

2003-2004: +8
2005-2005: +7

KG's aren't inflated by missing games either (Duncan and AK missed 50 games each in that period, KG missed four)

J2 Cool

This is actually, ideal stat-sharing for the Heat.

Get Bosh his numbers (24/9), Lebron almost double digit assists (19/9/8), Wade as closer (20/5/4) - and play good defense. Mike Miller putting up 12/7 and Mario Chalmers getting involved early was good too for them. You could shoot a little better, but I think ideally if you were trying to fix his, you would relieve LBJ of the closer role and try to get him closer to those triple-double numbers and make Wade feel like its his team again in the 4th quarter.

Must have been Pat Riley with some executive coaching. :p

Phil also waited too long to make the switch with Bynum on Bosh. Should have been done in the 3rd.

Neither team played well to finish the game. One thing that concerned me for LAL is Kobe got tired defending Wade. That's why our bigs needed to get the ball more. He should have deferred to Gasol late a bit more.

thekad said:
Bosh: 24 PTS, 9 REB 10-17FG
Kobe: 24 PTS, 2 AST, 8-21FG

Oh.

Lebron was 7/17. Wade was 9/23. it was a defensive game where only the bigs scored easily.

Game was won on the boards. 46-37 for Miami. That shouldn't happen.

giga

Black Mamba said:
Lebron was 7/17. Wade was 9/23. it was a defensive game where only the bigs scored easily.

You replying to a troll post.

Cloudy

Banned
Like I keep saying, teams without good PGs don't beat Miami
If Lakers make it to the Finals, they better hope Miami's not there. Oh and how about boxing out, guys?

yeah, I know giga. Just thought I should bring out their percentages, too.

The game was really a tale of two halves. First half offense, 2nd half defense.

Still, laker TOs when they went up was the specific part of the game where they missed their big opportunity. Miami would have folded if they got it up to 10, there.

diehard

Fleer
Ok changing the name of a team to "los Mavs" is one thing but now the NBA is changing the name of a state/city to "Nuevos York" .. That shit is just retarded. Have some integrity and respect.

The Stealth Fox

Black Mamba said:

Just face it man, your favorite player needs to retire. He's not even good enough to play for the Wizards.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
Just face it man, your favorite player needs to retire. He's not even good enough to play for the Wizards.

OH SNAP!

Laker-age thinking Miami can beat LAL in a 7 game series because of 2 regular season games? please.

Bynum will play Bosh more. Lakers won't rebound so poorly. Lakers should have been down 2, not 4, had the interference foul was called. This was a game on the road.

Nothing Miami did tonight proved to my eyes they'd win a 7 game series. 2 random games doesn't change anything. I still only fear Boston and SAS.

edit: and Miller/Chalmer shot real well from 3.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
AK47 Adjusted DRtg:

2003-2004: +6

Duncan Adjusted DRtg:

2003-2004: +5
2004-2005: +5

AK had the better defensive stats.

Of course, KG was the best defender in the league and the stats confirm that:

2003-2004: +8
2005-2005: +7

KG's aren't inflated by missing games either (Duncan and AK missed 50 games each in that period, KG missed four)

And still, I count at least 7 players on the 2004 Western All Stars that no one would have traded for Kirilenko, and as many as 9 on the East.

2004 All Star Teams said:
*Allen Iverson (Philadelphia) G 6-0 165 5
*Vince Carter (Toronto) F 6-6 225 5
*Tracy McGrady (Orlando) G/F 6-8 210 4
*Jermaine O’Neal (Indiana) C/F 6-11 242 3
*Ben Wallace (Detroit) C 6-9 240 2
Ron Artest (Indiana)** F 6-7 246 1

Baron Davis (New Orleans) G 6-3 223 2
Jason Kidd (New Jersey) G 6-4 212 7
Jamaal Magloire (New Orleans)** C 6-11 259 1
Kenyon Martin (New Jersey)** F 6-9 234 1
Paul Pierce (Boston) G/F 6-6 230 3
Michael Redd (Milwaukee)** G 6-6 215 1

*Kobe Bryant (L.A. Lakers) G 6-6 220 6
*Tim Duncan (San Antonio) F 7-0 260 6

*Steve Francis (Houston) G 6-3 200 3
*Kevin Garnett (Minnesota) F 6-11 240 7
*Yao Ming (Houston) C 7-6 310 2
Ray Allen (Seattle) G 6-5 205 4

Sam Cassell (Minnesota)** G 6-3 185 1
Andrei Kirilenko (Utah)** F 6-9 225 1
Brad Miller (Sacramento) C 7-0 261 2
Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas) F/C 7-0 245 3
Shaquille O’Neal (L.A. Lakers) C 7-1 340 11

Peja Stojakovic (Sacramento) F 6-10 229 3

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/all-star-reserves-2004.shtml#ixzz1GFwTIiFK

And before anyone laughs at Michael Redd, he led the bucks to 41 wins playing with Keith Van Horn and Desmond Mason. Kirilenko was not top 10 by any stretch of the imagination, maybe top 20.

J2 Cool

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
This game shows you that Wade is better than LeBron.

Bosh too.

He's the bigger threat to the elite teams, if the Heat get behind him. Just more of an assassin. Lebron and Bosh should accept being supporting cast - but like a high class, Batman Begins-level supporting cast. Then LBJ's role then could be the team's do-everything glue guy. Getting the team going would be his job, instead of finishing.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I knew Bayless would say Wade needed to be the closer. lol He's so predictable. Miami players finally hit some 3s, and they won the game, that's all that happened.

Pastry

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Ok changing the name of a team to "los Mavs" is one thing but now the NBA is changing the name of a state/city to "Nuevos York" .. That shit is just retarded. Have some integrity and respect.
Umm... I really don't see the difference. You would rather they use El New York? Now that is just silly.

Black Mamba said:
Laker-age thinking Miami can beat LAL in a 7 game series because of 2 regular season games? please.

Bynum will play Bosh more. Lakers won't rebound so poorly. Lakers should have been down 2, not 4, had the interference foul was called. This was a game on the road.

Nothing Miami did tonight proved to my eyes they'd win a 7 game series. 2 random games doesn't change anything. I still only fear Boston and SAS.

edit: and Miller/Chalmer shot real well from 3.

and Wade was 9-23 and LeBron was 7-17. I don't care if you're not scared of the Heat but don't crank up the excuses here...especially if you're going to sit here and ridicule the Heat over regular season games, then don't go double standard on our ass and say these two games didn't matter at all.

You know Lebron is feeling a little butt hurt right now.

Wade gets his first chance to close in months and he wins the game on his first try.

And it wasn't like Wade was shooting great even in the final minutes. But he gives the effort of a true closer. When he missed that one shot with around a minute left, he crashed the boards on his own shot, tripped to Lebron, Lebron passes it back and Wade scores. Heat extends lead.

Whereas if that had been Lebron he would have been posing after the jump shot and then sulking when it 'd bricked instead of fighting for the rebound. Laker ball.

It's those intangibles which make Wade a superior closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom