• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
Pastry said:
Umm... I really don't see the difference. You would rather they use El New York? Now that is just silly.
No i wouldn't have them change it at all. The name of the team is the Knicks. Now you are flat out changing the name of the city they represent.

"The Heat" in Spanish is "El Heat" .. "New York" in Spanish is "New York".

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
dIEHARD said:
No i wouldn't have them change it at all. The name of the team is the Knicks. Now you are flat out changing the name of the city they represent.
It's just a translation of New York to Spanish..

And no New York in Spanish is not New York it's Nueva.

dIEHARD said:

Are you one of those people who are worried our country is being invaded from the southern border?

ph33nix said:
and Wade was 9-23 and LeBron was 7-17. I don't care if you're not scared of the Heat but don't crank up the excuses here...especially if you're going to sit here and ridicule the Heat over regular season games, then don't go double standard on our ass and say these two games didn't matter at all.

Wade/Lebron I expect as I expect Kobe's low percentage. All 3 players being defended by good defensive players (when they try) against good defensive teams.

I'm not making an excuse. Lakers lost when they failed to extend the lead and rebound the ball. I'm just saying I don't think in a 7 game series stuff happens. The shooting percentages I do see happening a few times.

This game did matter to the Heat. They HAD to win it for confidence's sake, just like the LAL-Spurs game mattered to LAL. I don't think this game meant that much to LAL outside of losing a game on the Mavs.

Also, for the most part, I believe recent defending champs get mostly a pass during the regular season (I include Boston and SAS in there).

diehard

Fleer
The Frankman said:
Knicks aren't hitting their shots early
You mean A'mare isn't hitting his shots early.

Slayer-33 said:
It's just a translation of New York to Spanish..
No, no it isnt.
The Chosen One said:
Are you one of those people who are worried our country is being invaded from the southern border?
I'm one of those people who don't believe in changing the name of a city for marketing purposes.

DCX

DCX
dIEHARD said:

"The Heat" in Spanish is "El Heat" .. "New York" in Spanish is "New York".
They make whatever the name on the real jersey and translate it to Spanish. Since when have the KNICKS been on the front? Lately at least?

DCX

dieHard supported celebrating black history month in march. just a heads up.

I kid. Seriously, this is such a non-issue. Who cares?

How can Gasol have really good quickness on offense and such terrible quickness on defense? Kind of weird.

Boozer said:
Thanks For The Support Guys!!! I'll Be Back Soon!!! Doing Rehab Right Now!!! I Can Hear My Ankle Getting Better!!!

wtf does this even mean?

Branduil

Figures pothead Williams would have a good game against us.

Watch Roddy not play again in this half.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
How can Gasol have really good quickness on offense and such terrible quickness on defense? Kind of weird.

Defense is about lateral quickness.

JoeFu

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

wtf does this even mean?
Age old question. Been wondering this about Dirk forever.

SamuraiX-

So according to NBA analysts. The MVP race goes like this:

1. Derrick Rose
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Amar'''e Stoudemire
4. Dwight Howard

smh

Celsior

The Frankman said:
Ummm that's 16 on Amar'e. He's missing his next game if it's not rescinded.
Probably will get rescinded was just to guys playing hard.
Next game is against Pacers so it wouldn't be to bad

SamuraiX- said:
Brewer trying to make a fucking statement. Good to see him meshing with his role.

this is exactly what the mavs need from him too. dont fall in love with the jumper, get easy buckets, play aggressively on the defensive end.

Cerrius said:
Lakers ain't shit.

Better hope they don't meet up with the Heat in the Finals!

Because that worked for Orlando?

Nothing Miami did tonight proved to my eyes they'd win a 7 game series. 2 random games doesn't change anything. I still only fear Boston and SAS.

Boston is it for me. Don't care about the Spurs, don't care about Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom