• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I totally forgot that Amar'e played C this season. Chandler's still the third best center this season.

giga said:
Horford might be built as a PF, but 90% of this season has been him at C. Any sane person would take him at C over Chandler.

I'll take Chandler over empty advanced stats.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I didn't watch the game (His stats from the game are really bad though), but I was just going from the whole season.

Name one better this season other than Dwight. Duncan is the only player arguable if Pau is a PF.

I dont care if LMA plays PF. He can play the C. And I may get some critics but if Brook Lopez had a decent team.

giga

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I'll take Chandler over empty advanced stats.
cAL8l.gif

KCAL reporting Kobe said he thought he broke the ankle when it happened and that it's the worst he's ever experienced.

I don't buy it, dude got knocked out of 2000 Finals with an ankle sprain that was pretty horrible. He returned on this one.

Questionable for Orlando game. They don't play again til friday so it might make sense to sit it out.

Black Mamba said:
KCAL reporting Kobe said he thought he broke the ankle when it happened and that it's the worst he's ever experienced.

I don't buy it, dude got knocked out of 2000 Finals with an ankle sprain that was pretty horrible. He returned on this one.

Questionable for Orlando game. They don't play again til friday so it might make sense to sit it out.

Wouldn't you like to see how they play without him???

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Wouldn't you like to see how they play without him???

No. I mean, I rather him not jeopardize the ankle, but the team isn't playing without him in the playoffs unless he's hurt and the season is fucked at that point.

We saw them play last season without Kobe. They actually did okay until Bynum got hurt too and the bench got too thin.

Black Mamba said:

Yeah that was a bad looking roll. I watched the replay again and from what I can tell it honestly looks like he was just flailing around and ended up trying to sell it a little to much and came down on the ankle. Now that is irony. :)

NomarTyme said:
Kobe should not play on Monday. I know he is going to jack up more 3s than usual.

He shouldn't play Friday, either. They play Minnesota. Can win that without him.

god damn, wacthing Kobe turn his ankle like that hurts me. That was a really bad one.

Black Mamba said:
He shouldn't play Friday, either. They play Minnesota. Can win that without him.

god damn, wacthing Kobe turn his ankle like that hurts me. That was a really bad one.

So who gets to guard Love? Pau?

NomarTyme

Black Mamba said:

Monday sit out is a possibility but no way he doesn't play on Friday...

Black Mamba said:

After you have had a really bad ankle roll. I swear everytime I see one I get this just knot in my stomach cause you know the horrible sensation where it pops and your brain has no idea wtf is going on.

“It’s probably one of the best times, where you feel the best immediately after the game,” Allen explained. “Your body can recreate those moments. The next day is kind of hard, because your adrenaline is not pumping as much. It’s very impulsive, that feeling right after the game that you’re upset with something that you did. Going back to the hotel, where you’re staying overnight in the city, is not going to help you.”

That need to perfect their craft is why Bryant and Allen are multi-time All-Stars. And it’s why they’re still in the league 15 years after they were drafted. And Allen says that there aren’t many players in this league that would ever think about getting in shots after a game.

“I don’t even know that many guys in the league that really work on their games, work on their shot, let alone have a bad game and go back to that moment,” Allen said. “My generation, I think I’ve seen the last of those guys that work hard that aren’t superstars.

Ray Allen on Kobe's last second practice session in case you guys missed it.

BruceLeeRoy said:
After you have had a really bad ankle roll. I swear everytime I see one I get this just knot in my stomach cause you know the horrible sensation where it pops and your brain has no idea wtf is going on.

Ray Allen on Kobe's last second practice session in case you guys missed it.

Me too. I tore my achilles once after landing on someone's foot, so I get that same knot.

Dirk shoots after bad games at home in the practice facility all the time, too. Allen is probably right about the hard workers dying out.

I don't remember what Rondo's ankle turn looked like.

Obviously Pau and odom guard Love. They always do.

I don't know if he would sti out friday, but he should. I know he won't if he can play because he believes in giving fans what they paid for, but he isn't needed. he can play Sunday vs portland.

Lakers finally coming home. Most away games in the league so far. only 4 road games left.

Decided to do power rankings for the bottom third of the NBA to see where the Jazz stack up, I have them above the Timberwolves and some other teams because Millsap's out, but eighth worst team in the NBA may be generous and that's really sad. Pacers get third worst team in the NBA because they are the mentally weakest team in the NBA and were the third worst team in the NBA for most of last season and a team with no turmoil should not be getting blown out every night when they're in the middle of an extremely attainable playoff run.

30. Wizards
29. Cavs
28. Pacers
27. Kings
26. Timberwolves
25. Raptors
24. Pistons
23. Jazz
22. Nets
21. Clippers

Kobe made long walk from locker room to bus slowly but without much limp. Given that, can't imagine he'll miss Monday vs. ORL

Kobe's ankle is taped with outside of ankle swollen as if there is "a baseball" on it, he said. "But strength is pretty good."

he got pretty lucky he didn't tear anything.

Kobe made long walk from locker room to bus slowly but without much limp. Given that, can't imagine he'll miss Monday vs. ORL. - Kevin Ding

EDIT: beated

Black Mamba said:
Me too. I tore my achilles once after landing on someone's foot, so I get that same knot.

Dirk shoots after bad games at home in the practice facility all the time, too. Allen is probably right about the hard workers dying out.

I don't remember what Rondo's ankle turn looked like.

Obviously Pau and odom guard Love. They always do.

I don't know if he would sti out friday, but he should. I know he won't if he can play because he believes in giving fans what they paid for, but he isn't needed. he can play Sunday vs portland.

Lakers finally coming home. Most away games in the league so far. only 4 road games left.

Eesh man you fully tore it? So you were out for 6-8 months? That is terrible. I have these preme baby ankles and this one year I rolled it almost 3 times. That was terrible.

Rondo's roll was bad but it was just body weight force since it was as he was running. Kobe rolled his jumping in the air and it rolled straight down and left which engages more ligaments.

I also seem to remember Rondo not even being able to walk off the court either right?
Kobe's leg would have to blow off to prevent the crazy sucker from walking off court.

Anyway I think its likely he wont sit out Friday either he is a tenacious bastard.

Black Mamba said:
he got pretty lucky he didn't tear anything.

That is astounding. I thought for sure he tore it.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Eesh man you fully tore it? So you were out for 6-8 months? That is terrible. I have these preme baby ankles and this one year I rolled it almost 3 times. That was terrible.

Rondo's roll was bad but it was just body weight force since it was as he was running. Kobe rolled his jumping in the air and it rolled straight down and left which engages more ligaments.

I also seem to remember Rondo not even being able to walk off the court either right?
Kobe's leg would have to blow off to prevent the crazy sucker from walking off court.

Anyway I think its likely he wont sit out Friday either he is a tenacious bastard.

That is astounding. I thought for sure he tore it.

It was a tear, but not a 6-8 month full tear, just partial (no surgery!). I was supposed to not do any running for about 3-4 months. I was in a cast for about 10 days and that stupid walking boot for about 2 months. Then I got some therapy. Then, like an idiot ,I tried to go out and play before the Doc said I should (i only street balled). Big mistake. I didn't re-injure it, but I stunted the healing process. Took a full year before I'd stop feeling pain in it.

I knew right away too. I heard the fucker pop when I landed, plus the pain was like 10 seconds of hell. I had a hairline fracture years before in the other ankle and just thought I sprained it. Wasn't even that much pain, but the achilles' tear, that shit was legit.

I'm amazed more NBA players don't do it. I guess their ankles are just really taped well. Most of them have slight sprains and are back out there that game or the next. NBA players have more issues with their knees than anything else.

smurfx

get some go again
Branduil said:
Mavs playing like the pieces of trash they are. Only Marion is doing anything. I can't wait for Carlisle to get fired at the end of the year.
lol i love branduil's commentary while dallas games are going on. win or lose the mavs are a crappy team according to branduil.

linsivvi

smurfx said:
lol i love branduil's commentary while dallas games are going on. win or lose the mavs are a crappy team according to branduil.

The shittiest team with the 4th best record in the history of the league.

Gabyskra

Banned
masud said:
Am I reading this box score right? Did jr really shoot 16 3's in a game?

+/- of +33, great shooting %... sometimes the guy's stats are so good...

They're playing without Gallo, they have so much talent.

Black Mamba said:
It was a tear, but not a 6-8 month full tear, just partial (no surgery!). I was supposed to not do any running for about 3-4 months. I was in a cast for about 10 days and that stupid walking boot for about 2 months. Then I got some therapy. Then, like an idiot ,I tried to go out and play before the Doc said I should (i only street balled). Big mistake. I didn't re-injure it, but I stunted the healing process. Took a full year before I'd stop feeling pain in it.

I knew right away too. I heard the fucker pop when I landed, plus the pain was like 10 seconds of hell. I had a hairline fracture years before in the other ankle and just thought I sprained it. Wasn't even that much pain, but the achilles' tear, that shit was legit.

I'm amazed more NBA players don't do it. I guess their ankles are just really taped well. Most of them have slight sprains and are back out there that game or the next. NBA players have more issues with their knees than anything else.

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either. Any sport where you have to run full out like that puts a tremendous strain on the Achilles. The NBA trainers are damn witch doctors though. Players come back days later from injury's that would put me out for months.

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/03/12/kobe-optimistic-sprained-ankle-will-be-fine/50871/

Bryant was able to play the last 6:30 of the Lakers’ victory in Dallas on Saturday night after an awkward landing with 2:02 left in the third quarter as he tried to recover a ball in the air. Bryant said of that moment: “I thought I was done … like, done. I was just praying my foot was lined up (when looking at it.)”

Full report on Kobe's Ankle.

Godslay

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Denver won by 30. That team looks dangerous. OKC vs Denver would be a good 1st round series, IMO.

Wait a second, they played the Pistons, who looked like the didn't give a shit. The real test comes the remainder of the season as the schedule gets tougher. Even with the way they are playing, they still have a long way to go. Personally, I think it could very easily be a Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs series match up.

SamuraiX-

etiolate said:
Cousins might be the 2nd or 3rd best Center in the league by next year.

CALLING IT NOW.

Dwight Howard
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Chris Kaman

No way he's better than any of those guys.

And until he can get his FG% up and cut down on some of those retarded ass turnovers, I'm willing to say he's not even better Marc Gasol or Nene.

The kid has nearly equal the number of turnovers that guys like Dwight and Amare have (who are the league leading big men in turnovers this season), when he's averaging nearly 10 less minutes than those two, and he doesn't see nearly as many double teams.

SamuraiX- said:
Dwight Howard
Andrew Bogut
Brook Lopez
Chris Kaman

No way he's better than any of those guys.

And until he can get his FG% up and cut down on some of those retarded ass turnovers, I'm willing to say he's not even better Marc Gasol or Nene.

The kid has nearly equal the number of turnovers that guys like Dwight and Amare have (who are the league leading big men in turnovers this season), when he's averaging nearly 10 less minutes than those two, and he doesn't see nearly as many double teams.

!?!?!?!? He's not even the best C on the team.

I've watched too many Clipper games this year and last to put Kaman in any "top list" except "top caveman looking players."

There are a bunch of Cs better than Cousins now. Does he have the talent to become top 5? Yes. He won't get there next year, though. And don't ever list Kaman before Bynum, Noah, Horford, Duncan, either Gasol, Gortat, Chandler. Kaman is empty stats; I've watched him put them up for years.

Sharp

Yeah uh Kaman sucks. He plays zero defense and his stat padding is LeBronesque. I've never seen a player go so hard for easy rebounds off FTs. He really doesn't even belong on the Clippers at this point, the only thing he helps them do is dominate scrub teams like the Wizzzzzzzz :(

Also :heatbench at Gortat being in this discussion. GAF was all over some of us for suggesting that Gortat was a starting-caliber C a few months ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom