• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

A friend of mine is a huge Vince Carter fan, dating back to his Raptors days, and she tried to explain to me how the Orlando trade was catastrophic because "Vince gets you 20-25 points a game."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I looked up Gilbert's numbers since joining Orlando... urhhhh...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
These are highly positive and bizarre opinions from Rodeo, he has depicted Brewer several times as someone who should get shot if he ever grabs a basketball again

SamuraiX-

This Corey Brewer pick up makes no sense to me from the Mavs perspective.

They're already stacked at the SG/SF position.

What they really need is a legit backup PF for Dirk.

Branduil

Black Mamba said:
Corey Brewer to the Mavs! Go Branduil!

So, it's a multi-year deal? Anyone know the terms?
I'm hearing around 2 million starting. And I think there are incentives and non-guaranteed stuff too.

SamuraiX- said:
This Corey Brewer pick up makes no sense to me from the Mavs perspective.

They're already stacked at the SG/SF position.

What they really need is a legit backup PF for Dirk.

Butler- injured. Who knows if he'll be able to play again at full strength this year. And do we really want to resign him for multiple years given his age and injury history?

Peja- old and sucks. Can't play defense.

Marion- plays best as backup SF/PF.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Raging Spaniard said:
These are highly positive and bizarre opinions from Rodeo, he has depicted Brewer several times as someone who should get shot if he ever grabs a basketball again
That's Jonny Flynn. Brewer will be a good role player for a contender if they are just asking him to play defense. I think the way Rambis used him (and everybody really) hurt.

SamuraiX-

kevo_huevo said:
marion usually fills in that role pretty well.

also, brian "the janitor" cardinal is just too gdlk.

I would think you would want Marion available to guard some of the conference's skilled wing players rather than putting him in the post.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Rodeo Clown said:
That's Jonny Flynn. Brewer will be a good role player for a contender if they are just asking him to play defense. I think the way Rambis used him (and everybody really) hurt.

Hey no backtracking! Obviously I dont remember exact quotes, but your level of frustration with Brewer in the past has boiled to "this man should not be allowed to play this sport anymore" levels

Listening to college basketball people defend this draft class is hilarious. Kemba Walker has little shot of becoming good in the NBA and is putting up meaningless numbers against Freshman who aren't good, get over it. They made the same shitty arguments last year as to why Luke Babbitt was going to blow up in the NBA and seemed outraged that Paul George went ahead of him. Now George is a really good player and Babbitt is 14 months away from being out of the league.

Branduil

SamuraiX- said:
I would think you would want Marion available to guard some of the conference's skilled wing players rather than putting him in the post.
He can do BOTH.

Really how many backup PF minutes are there going to be in the playoffs? Maybe 8 at most, if any more it's because Dirk is hurt/in foul trouble in which case we're already screwed.

Chicago @ Atlanta
Golden State @ Washington
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

Chicago @ Atlanta
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

SamuraiX- said:

ideally, yes. but the mavs rely on the 2-3 zone for reasons like this. create a mismatch on offense, have three guys playing down low 6'7''-7'' to take up space and play good help d.

he's probably their best man defender but can wreak havoc roaming in the zone.

EDIT: more or less, what branduil said.

pilonv1

Chicago @ Atlanta
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

Not sure why I wasn't on the 23rd standings :(

Pkaz01

Chicago @ Atlanta
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

Did pretty well on the last one hope it continues.

giri

Red Blaster said:
Don't get how you can say the trade was a wash. The only valid point you raise is the loss of Gortat. J-Rich gets fewer easy baskets because he doesn't have one of the best point guards ever dishing him the ball anymore. Getting rid of Roidshard has given Anderson and Bass room to flourish who are both far superior players than him at this point. Pre-trade, the team was getting absolutely no fastbreak buckets. Gilbert's has been historically terrible with his shooting but he at least runs and still sets guys up pretty well. Pietrus was literally doing nothing else but taking threes, he was going to the line like .3 times a game; the lowest in the league. Moreover, the chemistry on the pre-trade team was absolutely shot, nobody on the team liked Vince anymore.
Will trade you vince back for play off tickets. Just 2. To the first game.

Pkaz01

giri said:
Will trade you vince back for play off tickets. Just 2. To the first game.
Oh come on he isn't that worthless.. we could ship him to miami for at least two front row seats and some popcorn. Its not like they have fans actually filling up those seats anyway..

241233610_e801c65461_o.jpg

giri

Pkaz01 said:
Oh come on he isn't that worthless.. we could ship him to miami for at least two front row seats and some popcorn. Its not like they have fans actually filling up those seats anyway..
popcorn? look, you're just not getting something with inherit value back. Popcorn would be nice, but dont expect it when you all you're offering is vince.

Pkaz01

giri said:
popcorn? look, you're just not getting something with inherit value back. Popcorn would be nice, but dont expect it when you all you're offering is vince.
I'm sure they have a lot to spare since no one is there to buy the popcorn anyway. We get rid of vince and keep jared dudley happy. Its win win.

giri

Pkaz01 said:
I'm sure they have a lot to spare since no one is there to buy the popcorn anyway. We get rid of vince and keep jared dudley happy. Its win win.
I always laugh a little inside when i see Dudley get more minutes.

Then cry a little, for nash.

Gigglepoo

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The only way you could make a case for Lebron being the MVP this year (if the Bulls finish with a better or similar record to the Heat) is if you make the case that

I disagree. You can be the best player in the league no matter who your teammates are. I was on the LeBron for MVP bandwagon for most of the season, but I've jumped to the Rose side lately because of late-game performances. It has nothing to do with Wade or Boozer or whoever in my eyes, though. You shouldn't be punished (or rewarded) based on your teammates for what's essentially an individual reward.

MVP Race:

1) Rose
2) LeBron
3) Dwight

Pkaz01

giri said:
I always laugh a little inside when i see Dudley get more minutes.

Then cry a little, for nash.
I laugh when siler and childress come off the bench together at garbage time. Gentry gave earl clark more minutes than he has given to childress.

giri

Gigglepoo said:
I disagree. You can be the best player in the league no matter who your teammates are. I was on the LeBron for MVP bandwagon for most of the season, but I've jumped to the Rose side lately because of late-game performances. It has nothing to do with Wade or Boozer or whoever in my eyes, though. You shouldn't be punished (or rewarded) based on your teammates for what's essentially an individual reward.

MVP Race:

1) Rose
2) LeBron
3) Dwight
Most VALUABLE player. Heat are fine with out LBJ, they'd still win games. Mavs, Bulls, Magic rely so heavily on their star, that they wouldn't. I know there's many conditions to it, like winning records, and late game clutch performances, and doing it all season long. But it's still who is the most VALUABLE player, heat win with or with out LBJ 50 games this season.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
This season, Jonny Flynn is the only player in the entire NBA to play more than 19 minutes a game and have a PER of less than 7.

Gigglepoo said:

Yeah but what if he sucks.

Gigglepoo said:

MVP Race:

1) Rose
2) LeBron
3) Dwight
I am surprised to read that coming from such a Bron fan as yourself.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Chicago @ Atlanta
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

pilonv1 said:
It's way understated, how rampant it probably is in tennis.

charsace

Gigglepoo said:

MVP Race:

1) Rose
2) LeBron
3) Dwight
How is Lebron in the MVP race?

KingGondo

Banned
Chicago @ Atlanta
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

Kinda tough pick'em tonight. It'll be interesting to see how Mohammed does tonight in the starting lineup, especially against a legit C in Hibbert.

We could get on a nice little winning run here if we play to our capability.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Last Blazer to win player of the month was Clyde almost twenty years ago. Roy never won it. Kudos.

KingGondo

Banned
For some reason it always seems like the Mavs have a million players under contract. It feels like they make way more signings and moves than almost anyone else.

Chicago @ Atlanta
San Antonio @ Cleveland
New Orleans @ New York
Phoenix @ Boston
Minnesota @ Detroit
Indiana @ Oklahoma City
Charlotte @ Denver
Portland @ Sacramento
Houston @ LA Clippers

Might miss a few here as I can see Clippers pulling this off and I know we are the underdogs against the Celts. We've beaten them the last three times we've played them though, really seem to show up against Boston. Plus, fuck going against my team, gaf guess record isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom