• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Asik outrebounded him last game the two teams played against each other.

Dwight Howfraud!!!!!
In dwights defense, he was coming up against one of the best bigs off the bench in the game today.

giri

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
You're the one that can't simply quote me saying what you accused me of.

I don't blame you though as it'd be impossible, just as it is probable that you pull shit out of your ass and then can't back it up.
It's nice to think people care that much about you.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I did skip ahead a bit and Ford was just contrasting Marvin and Barnes so maybe I needed context.
He was talking about how passive Barnes was the first few weeks of the season and compared that to Williams. He wasn't saying, "Yup, Barnes is practically Marvin Williams."

numble

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Simmons is totally ignoring defensive rotations in this entire podcast, this blows my mind, how can a Celtics fan ignore that?
Simmons is for entertainment, he's not an analyst.

diehard

Fleer
Sharp said:
If a stat tells you someone's an insanely great defensive player but you know they aren't from watching the games (Memo), you might as well go with your gut.
What stat says Memo is a great defensive player? His man-to-man defense was always fairly decent, it's his help defense that is (was) lacking.

dIEHARD said:
What stat says Memo is a great defensive player? His man-to-man defense was always fairly decent, it's his help defense that is (was) lacking.

Going by point per possession allowed, Memo was the second best post defender in the NBA last season.

numble said:
Simmons is for entertainment, he's not an analyst.

Funny enough, last I saw (about a month ago), Simmons was doing really well in his season predictions for team records, beating out a lot of analysts. I think Hollinger was #1, but I can't recall.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Spurs gonnna zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the Sleet

You'll see what 100% chemistry is like vs 37% chemistry

Mrbob

So Boozer is out at least one more game. So at least the Bulls have one game in front of them when they can play great team defense. :p

LiveFromKyoto said:
Going by sanity, that's a silly stat.

How is PPP a silly stat? If Zach Randolph gets thrown the ball 10 times on the post, and goes 3/5 with three turnovers, one kick out to a man who misses a contested jumper, and one foul drawn which leads to two missed free throws, then he would have a PPP of .6 which is terrible. People who would just look at shooting percentage would think he did great in those possessions, but PPP would say otherwise. It's heavily skewed for Memo though because the Jazz doubled the post every possession last year which massively inflated his stats and made him Troy Murphy esque in the advanced stat community.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
How is PPP a silly stat? If Zach Randolph gets thrown the ball 10 times on the post, and goes 3/5 with three turnovers, one kick out to a man who misses a contested jumper, and one foul drawn which leads to two missed free throws, then he would have a PPP of .6 which is terrible. People who would just look at shooting percentage would think he did great in those possessions, but PPP would say otherwise. It's heavily skewed for Memo though because the Jazz doubled the post every possession last year which massively inflated his stats and made him Troy Murphy esque in the advanced stat community.

Mehmet Okur is not the second best post defender in the NBA.

TylerD

KingGondo said:
Dude hasn't even played a minute in an OKC uniform yet, but I'm really excited to see him tonight.

Ibaka is gonna have a field day getting blocks playing next to him.
I love Perk already. His presence is making a difference.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

I believe the kickout and FTs wouldn't count, since a possession is defined as a shot attempt or turnover in this scenario.

Would be .75 (6/8). Still bad, of course.

LiveFromKyoto said:

No, he's not and I've never said he is. I said PPP is a good stat that can be inflated when teams double the post (Which the Jazz do and which skews Okur's stats)

giri

dIEHARD said:
He's too slow to get across and cover them, particularly with the injuries he had the last few years, it got even worse. Still, he had a big body and wasn't exactly movable...

LiveFromKyoto said:
You're right, 3rd.

Bynum, Thomas, Memo.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Fucking lame. They're showing NCAAW on ESPN3 instead of Spurs/Heat. wtfisthisshit!

Omiee

the more i watch the guys the more i think its going to be a difficult series if the lakers have to face the celts in the finals.

dream

KingGondo said:
Looked good from what I saw, he had 5 boards in the first few minutes. I'm at the gym though so I'm half-watching.

Awesome. His d-league replacement, Nenad, has 1 in 14 minutes.

TylerD

KingGondo said:
Looked good from what I saw, he had 5 boards in the first few minutes. I'm at the gym though so I'm half-watching.

First wash possession, pass to the inside to McGee on Perk. McGee gets stopped trying to get to the basket and forces an airball over Perk. Just had a Perk defends 1 on 1 with Ibaka block from behind. Thunder are big now.

The Crimson Blur said:
TimDuncameGamOverLH.gif

Game Over x3 :D

Maybe again? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom