• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to count the Celts out of the Finals race, but if they don't start winning more games, they could drop down to the 3 seed.
Edit: Also, Deron looks awful with a headband. Why did he start wearing one?

Sharp

overcast said:
What the fuck is going on in Boston?
It's okay, from what I hear Perkins is still injured and won't be around for the playoffs, so it was a smart move. Wait, what's that? Perkins played tonight and completely shut down Washington? Shiiiiit.

Amory

I know Doc knows what he's doing, but his whole "I don't give a shit how many games we lose in the regular season as long as we get our 50 year olds at 100% for the playoffs" mentality is incredibly frustrating.

Shaq has been a "week away" from his return for like 3 months now.

overcast said:
What the fuck is going on in Boston?
I'm sure it's the same as last year. It's two things. First, the team is just gassed. They don't care about the regular season anymore and would rather preserve their energy for the playoffs. Secondly, their heads just aren't in it right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the same locker room problems from last year are happening. I remember when the Celts lost to the Nets last year.

TheFatOne

Amory Blaine said:
I know Doc knows what he's doing, but his whole "I don't give a shit how many games we lose in the regular season as long as we get our 50 year olds at 100% for the playoffs" mentality is incredibly frustrating.

Shaq has been a "week away" from his return for like 3 months now.

Shaq has to be 100% for the Celtics to have a shot. Which is terrifying to me. There is no point of having him play if he is not 100%

msdstc said:
It has nothing to dow ith the trade. It has everything to do with the Rasheed mentality of last yaer. Don't try now when you can try later. The difference this year is monumental, but they're too blind to realize it, even after it absolutely screwed them last year, they just decided to let it happen again.

Yea they can't pull the same bullshit they did last year, but at the same time everyone isn't healthy yet.

W2Y2O.gif

Omiee

The Chosen One said:
Seriously some of you are as bad as ESPN.

The Spurs have no energy and the Heat are playing with something to prove.

I still think the Heat are mentally weak. They thrive off "statement" and "turning-point" games. They want to use the Laker game as a "turning-point" game but I wonder if they lose two more games this week will their confidence get completely shattered again and Lebron demands to control the ball again.

People are so quick to jump on to bandwagons, sure they beat la in a close game and had a blowout game but come on lets not act like they are the best in the league right now. and front runners to win it all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
MidnightCowboy said:
I'm sure it's the same as last year. It's two things. First, the team is just gassed. They don't care about the regular season anymore and would rather preserve their energy for the playoffs. Secondly, their heads just aren't in it right now. I wouldn't be surprised if the same locker room problems from last year are happening. I remember when the Celts lost to the Nets last year.

Yep this is exactly it. They're not trying, this it's pretty clear. They did it all last year, and it killed them when they didn't have home court. This year it will kill them because of the road that they will face. The competition is a lot stiffer this year. Falling to the 2nd or 3rd seed its the difference between the pacers all the way up to either the knicks or the sixers.

I don't care about this gassed crap, because that's exactly what that is. They're not gassed, KG and Ray lit it up tonight, Pierce was taking errant shots and Rondo was all over the place. If they were gassed they would fizzle out in the 4th quarter, rather than making their comebacks in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Sharp said:
It's okay, from what I hear Perkins is still injured and won't be around for the playoffs, so it was a smart move. Wait, what's that? Perkins played tonight and completely shut down Washington? Shiiiiit.

Oh damn he shut down Washington? That's quite an assignment.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Not caring about whether you get the Knicks or Bobcats in the first round is stupid.

Lol, Boston has no reason to be scared of the Knicks. You can quote me on this. They could give 2 shits.

Amory

Deron Williams looked so bored in the postgame interview. There's absolutely no chance he re-ups with the Nets. He looks like he's being forced to play in purgatory.

Which I guess he basically is.

Sharp

msdstc said:
Yep this is exactly it. They're not trying, this it's pretty clear. They did it all last year, and it killed them when they didn't have home court. This year it will kill them because of the road that they will face. The competition is a lot stiffer this year. Falling to the 2nd or 3rd seed its the difference between the pacers all the way up to either the knicks or the sixers.

I don't care about this gassed crap, because that's exactly what that is. They're not gassed, KG and Ray lit it up tonight, Pierce was taking errant shots and Rondo was all over the place. If they were gassed they would fizzle out in the 4th quarter, rather than making their comebacks in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Oh damn he shut down Washington? That's quite an assignment.
Why do you guys find it so hard to acknowledge that it was a fucking stupid trade considering how limited Boston's window for a championship is? Ainge has made a ton of brilliant moves, but this wasn't one of them.

Omiee

SephCast said:
Lol, Boston has no reason to be scared of the Knicks. You can quote me on this. They could give 2 shits.

yeah no way the knicks make it hard on the celtics, might slow them down a bit though.

Amory Blaine said:
Deron Williams looked so bored in the postgame interview. There's absolutely no chance he re-ups with the Nets. He looks like he's being forced to play in purgatory.

Which I guess he basically is.

Ever been to Jersey?

j/k

Tom Penny

SephCast said:

Philly will catch the Knicks when it's all said and done and have the better seed then them. It doesn't mean the C'z can't draw the Knicks one way or another. I don't want them playing Philly. They have trouble with them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom