• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SephCast said:
LA Fans, do you guys think that the Kings have a chance at actually being financially successful as a third team in the market? Is Anaheim distinct enough for them to flourish there?

I will be honest, I don't think so..

KingGondo

Banned
Sorry I'm not commenting much, real life has been calling my attention lately.

Looking really good so far. We're playing with some serious swag.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
SamuraiX- said:
The Honda Center is 40 minutes away from Staples.

I think most people would prefer to drive the extra distance to watch the Lakers/Blake Griffin.

Fuck the Maloofs. I hope they get fucked over so hard by this and end up bankrupt to the point where nobody will ever remember they existed.
They're expected to get a big TV deal from FSN West with the Lakers leaving, right? They'll make money.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
At least Sacramento Fans don't have to be a fan of JaMarcus Russins anymore.

Now the future of the Skittles factory doesn't rest soley in Lamar's hands..

Booshka

Rodeo Clown said:
They're expected to get a big TV deal from FSN West with the Lakers leaving, right? They'll make money.
Yea, I think so. Sounds like he is just salty, which he should be, but I don't see Royals/Kings/Mighty Dunks not being at least marginally successful with a large market and big TV deal.

sf2fanatic said:
I think its more at Dodger stadium but thats another discussion..

Thought it was like $8 and $10 at Dodger stadium. I was there late last season, but I can't remember what I paid. Maybe 50 cents more for each.

Dodger prices have gone up so much in recent years. Wish McCourt would go.

LA Fans, do you guys think that the Kings have a chance at actually being financially successful as a third team in the market? Is Anaheim distinct enough for them to flourish there?

It's possible. SoCal is pretty much all Lakers, but there's no alternative besides Clips. A team closer to SD might pull the SD market that way. South of LA is definitely more baseball town right now.

They'd have to create a winner quickly, though. Make the playoffs soon.

Rodeo Clown said:

Time Warner rules SoCal area and made the deal with the Lakers. I wonder how that will change the dynamics as far as TV deals go. Local stations could really benefit, though.

The T-W deal with LAL is interesting because T-W is in a position to really screw up if they pull all TV games for Broadcast TV.

KingGondo said:
Great dunk.

Still, do a dance when you're down by 8? Poor form.

I didn't see it but it had to be slightly less tacky and embarrassing than Javal McGee hanging on the rime and yelling into the Bulls' crowd when his team was down 20.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Black Mamba said:
They'd have to create a winner quickly, though. Make the playoffs soon.
That's gonna be an issue. The Maloofs are moving because they're cash-strapped. So they need to make money to have it to spend. But to make money, they need to win. But in order to win in the NBA you need to spend money.

KingGondo

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I didn't see it but it had to be slightly less tacky and embarrassing than Javal McGee hanging on the rime and yelling into the Bulls' crowd when his team was down 20.
We're comparing the Wizards' classiness and professionalism to anyone else's.

It never seems to stack up, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom