• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

linsivvi said:
I didn't watch the game, but from looking at the box score, didn't the Celtics bench outscored their starters? Now that's hilarious....

Well thats what happens when the bench is is for so long. Also, Green is not the problem. He looked good on offense, and his defense is fine. They just got pissed that KG got striped by Hayes twice, and he thought he got fouled on the last one. Then the pissyness kind of infected everyone else and they started to suck.

Plus, Rondo did kinda sucked.

linsivvi

exarkun said:
Well thats what happens when the bench is is for so long. Also, Green is not the problem. He looked good on offense, and his defense is fine. They just got pissed that KG got striped by Hayes twice, and he thought he got fouled on the last one. Then the pissyness kind of infected everyone else and they started to suck.

Plus, Rondo did kinda sucked.

Ah, it's all good. One game closer to tying them (and the Bulls).

Jeanie still looks so fine.

Pretty sure the last time the Pups and Lakers played Johnson pooped all over Kobe but whatevs.

EDIT: Sorry guys not watching the game and thought by your comments Johnson was getting pooped on by Kobe. I think he just matches up with Kobe well

Cloudy said:
He was the 4th pick overall

He made CJ Miles and Gordon Hayward look like T-Mac and Chris Mullin in their primes while scoring less than 10 points in two combined games, he is the worst SG in the league and I should know since I watch Raja Bell and understand terrible SG play.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He made CJ Miles and Gordon Hayward look like T-Mac and Chris Mullin in their primes while scoring less than 10 points in two combined games, he is the worst SG in the league and I should know since I watch Raja Bell and understand terrible SG play.
It should be noted that Wes is a SF playing SG. He does not have any handles at all, either.

We'll see where he's at in a few years. He's a decent defender and has a smooth shot.

KingGondo

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Been out of town all week and haven't been able to see the last two games. Seems like we kicked ass tonight, nice to see.

So what happened against OKC?
Didn't see if anyone else answered, but we just played stellar defense and KD had his best all-around game as a pro.

Our interior D really frustrated the Heat, plus we actually have a really solid bench now.

It was a really steady performance, I never truly thought we were gonna lose after the first quarter.

The Stealth Fox

KS Seven X said:
And Rosanne is hotter than Hannah Storm amirite? lulz

I have you and Trax Mamba marked down as Bydumb-pologists.

I shall start identifying logical fallacies in everyone's posts in order to win basketball arguments.

KingGondo

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
The greatest PF since Slava Medvedenko
stephenasmith.jpg

CoffeeJanitor said:
It should be noted that Wes is a SF playing SG. He does not have any handles at all, either.

We'll see where he's at in a few years. He's a decent defender and has a smooth shot.

So are Hayward and CJ and they destroyed him. Wesley Johnson is a terrible defender, iso defense is the least important part of defense, defensive rotations are the most important part and Johnson is absolutely abysmal at that part of the game. He is terrible at basketball and is already almost 25.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
So are Hayward and CJ and they destroyed him. Wesley Johnson is a terrible defender, iso defense is the least important part of defense, defensive rotations are the most important part and Johnson is absolutely abysmal at that part of the game. He is terrible at basketball and is already almost 25.
I'd pin team defensive faults on Rambis. He just plain sucks.

I'm not being a homer here just realistic. He is that bad of a coach.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
CoffeeJanitor said:
I'm not being a homer here
You most definitely are if you think Rambis is the sole reason the Wolves are garbage on defense. Or awful in general. The roster is stocked with bad players.

Rodeo Clown said:
You most definitely are if you think Rambis is the sole reason the Wolves are garbage on defense. Or awful in general. The roster is stocked with bad players.
I've certainly come to realize that populating a team with career 6-12th level bench players is a horrible idea. After attending a game up close against the Grizz about a month ago I have officially given up on Darko and would like him and his sorry soft non-dunking ass to go back to Europe. Pek is actually good.

Randolph is getting the same treatment Love got for the past two years (the "What the fuck, Rambis?" treatment). This pisses me off. Beas is currently bench-level, much too inefficient and unfocused.

I would say that Wes has a good chance of becoming an above-average player but I'm not predicting beyond that.

Flynn is an abomination and probably should never play basketball again.

You have to admit that Rambis is a pretty crap coach, though. I think we've discussed this before.

Sorry for the aimless post but a season of poop basketball like leads to posts like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom