• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
SoulPlaya said:
I still can't get over yesterday's utter collapse. :(

I'm over it. Shit happens, go back into underdog mode, I guess. We Bulls fans were starting to get ahead of ourselves.

Karakand

Tired of your son mimicking those And1 tapes with his "slam dunks"? Send him to George Mikan Prep, where our players must abide by a strict no dunking honor code. Cash or money orders accepted, no COD. Call now.

Jeff-DSA

I saw John Stockton dunk in his basketball camp that he ran with Karl Malone. It was as soft as a dunk as a player could do, but it was a legit dunk. Karl teased him into doing it the last day of the camp in front of all the kids.

Jeff-DSA said:
I got pushed on a layup in a gym, hip hit the wall, and cracked my hip. Not a good couple of months after that.

Ah, fuck. hip injuries are awful. I recently bruised my hip and i couldn't do anything for 2 weeks except move forward and back. I can't imagine cracking it.

Was the asshole at least remorseful about it?

Jeff-DSA

Black Mamba said:
Ah, fuck. hip injuries are awful. I recently bruised my hip and i couldn't do anything for 2 weeks except move forward and back. I can't imagine cracking it.

Yeah, he actually offered to pay the doctor's bills, which I declined. It was a hairline thingy, not a full blown crack through and through, but it still hurt like a beast to put any weight on my left side for a good 2 months.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:

The worst in streetball is when a guy nearly breaks a guy's neck with a dirty play, then acts all tough like he just whooped Ali's ass. So many beatdowns stem from that shit... Fucking anuses (anii?).

Sanjuro

Worst I got when I used to play was some opposing player who matched my size...and shaved his arms. I just stopped defending and fouled the living fuck out of him. D'ing up on that was just terrible.

exarkun

The best part of street ball is when you are guarding in the post, the guy is bumping you in order to stay balanced and you just step back and let them stumble while going for the rip.

That, or kind just thrown hip into them which may or may not include maybe a little bit of your package. Just to let them know whats going on.

reilo

exarkun said:
The best part of street ball is when you are guarding in the post, the guy is bumping you in order to stay balanced and you just step back and let them stumble while going for the rip.

That, or kind just thrown hip into them which may or may not include maybe a little bit of your package. Just to let them know whats going on.
I'm pretty damn good at pushing out bigger guys out of the post by just positioning my body and legs. They usually resort to hooking and throwing elbows as they turn into me. It's kinda sad.

reilo

Booshka said:
Dat quality.
I couldn't make out anything that was happening in those clips. Really shitty quality. Plus, with a player like Bowen, you really need to watch for all the dirty shit he did.

J2 Cool

The Crimson Blur said:
Talking about drafts, lets take a moment to appreciate how stacked the 08 draft class was:

Alright, now lets have some fun. Redraft them using what you know now!

1. Derrick Rose
2. Kevin Love
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Eric Gordon

drop off

5. Serge Ibaka
6. Brook Lopez
7. George Hill
8. Danilo Gallinari
9. Michael Beasley
10. OJ Mayo

I think Mayo/Beasley are too talented not to try to put them in the right situation, if you were doing it again. Still, they're guys my stomach wouldn't feel settled about picking. I like Asik a lot as he develops (it's year 1 for him) and Hibbert has proven a good center for stretches of the season. Not sure the impact JJ, DJ, Javale, and Courtney Lee will make the rest of their careers yet.

Jeff-DSA said:
Yeah, he actually offered to pay the doctor's bills, which I declined. It was a hairline thingy, not a full blown crack through and through, but it still hurt like a beast to put any weight on my left side for a good 2 months.

That's actually pretty good. he probably had a momentary lapse in judmement and didn't realize what he did.

reilo said:
The worst in streetball is when a guy nearly breaks a guy's neck with a dirty play, then acts all tough like he just whooped Ali's ass. So many beatdowns stem from that shit... Fucking anuses (anii?).

I've never actually seen that. I've seen the dirty, but never someone acting tough from it. guys like that should get beat down.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Worst I got when I used to play was some opposing player who matched my size...and shaved his arms. I just stopped defending and fouled the living fuck out of him. D'ing up on that was just terrible.

I've seen a piece brought out for that. Of course, by then I got my ass far from the action (had nothing to do with me). Thankfully, the only time I've ever seen that, too. And nothing ended up happening.

pilonv1

The Crimson Blur said:
Talking about drafts, lets take a moment to appreciate how stacked the 08 draft class was:

1. Derrick Rose
2. Michael Beasley
3. OJ Mayo
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kevin Love
6. Danilo Gallinari
7. Eric Gordon
9. DJ Augustin
10. Brook Lopez
12. Jason Thompson
15. Robin Lopez
17. Roy Hibbert
18. JaVale McGee
19. JJ Hickson
21. Ryan Anderson
22. Courtney Lee
24. Serge Ibaka
25. Nicolas Batum
26. George Hill
35. DeAndre Jordan
36. Omer Asik
45. Goran Dragic

Absolutely ridiculous. One of the best drafts in recent memory.

Alright, now lets have some fun. Redraft them using what you know now!

You left out

14. Magic Randolph
16. Marreese Speights
28. Donte Greene
34. Mario Chalmers
37. Luc Richard Mbah A Moute
39. Money Weems
40. Chris Douglas Roberts
47. Bill Walker
60. Semih Erdan

It really is a ridiculous draft, especially if you look at the year following.

J2 Cool said:
1. Derrick Rose
2. Kevin Love
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Eric Gordon

drop off

5. Serge Ibaka
6. Brook Lopez
7. George Hill
8. Danilo Gallinari
9. Michael Beasley
10. OJ Mayo

I think Mayo/Beasley are too talented not to try to put them in the right situation, if you were doing it again. Still, they're guys my stomach wouldn't feel settled about picking. I like Asik a lot as he develops (it's year 1 for him) and Hibbert has proven a good center for stretches of the season. Not sure the impact JJ, DJ, Javale, and Courtney Lee will make the rest of their careers yet.

I think thats a nice try, but putting Lopez under Ibaka seems very weird to me. In fact, I think Lopez should be above Gordon. Hibbert is definitely a top 10 choice too. Here is my attempt:

MVP. George Hill
1. Derrick Rose
2. Kevin Love
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Brook Lopez
5. Eric Gordon
6. Roy Hibbert
7. George Hill
8. Serge Ibaka
9. Danilo Gallinari
10. Michael Beasley
11. JaVale McGee
12. JJ Hickson
13. OJ Mayo
14. Goran Dragic
15. DJ Augustin
16. Nicolas Batum
17. Robin Lopez
18. DeAndre Jordan
19. Jason Thompson
20. Courtney Lee
21. Ryan Anderson
22. Omer Asik

jjasper

And Darrell Arthur. 08 was an amazing draft.

Also apparently Grizz are gonna sign Leon Powe. Has he even played this year?

DCX

DCX
I'll leave this here

pheeniks2_full.jpg

The LEGEND CONTINUES

DCX

giri

The Crimson Blur said:
I think thats a nice try, but putting Lopez under Ibaka seems very weird to me. In fact, I think Lopez should be above Gordon. Hibbert is definitely a top 10 choice too. Here is my attempt:

MVP. George Hill
1. Derrick Rose
2. Kevin Love
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Brook Lopez
5. Eric Gordon
6. Roy Hibbert
7. George Hill
8. Serge Ibaka
9. Danilo Gallinari
10. Michael Beasley
11. JaVale McGee
12. JJ Hickson
13. OJ Mayo
14. Goran Dragic
15. DJ Augustin
16. Nicolas Batum
17. Robin Lopez
18. DeAndre Jordan
19. Jason Thompson
20. Courtney Lee
21. Ryan Anderson
22. Omer Asik
Putting westbrook in the top 5 makes any list invalid.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
giri said:
Putting westbrook in the top 5 makes any list invalid.

I don't know.. he is a fool at times.. but I don't think there were five players clearly better than him in that draft..

Blackace

ok BlackAce's 2008 redraft Lottery

1) Rose
2) Love
3) Westbrook
4) Gordon
5) Hibbert
6) B. Lopez
7) Ibaka
8) Hill
9) Gallinari
10) JJ Hickson

reilo

MiamiWesker said:
Hello from the AAA. I am at the game early. Time to beat Orlando again.
Triple A you said?

Hmmm... You know what you need to do NBA-GAF. You know what you need to do:

A: ___________

Go!

The 300 people here right now are getting to practice a new chant, we spell out Heat. I guess that needs practice. Hey dj ire called us the best fans in the NBA.

Blackace

MiamiWesker said:
The 300 people here right now are getting to practice a new chant, we spell out Heat. I guess that needs practice. Hey dj ire called us the best fans in the NBA.
lol
there is a joke in here somewhere..

Also when DJ Ire co-signs nobody gives a fuck..

Owzers

Every Orlando player who doesn't pass to a semi-open Dwight should get punched in the shoulder at the next time-out.

MiamiWesker said:

Hard for Miami fans to spell anything more then 3 Letters.

dream

reilo said:
Triple A you said?

Hmmm... You know what you need to do NBA-GAF. You know what you need to do:

Go!

Always Absent Assholes?

numble

MiamiWesker said:
That's just the FanUp committee teaching the crowd their team's name.

dream

They just showed the crowd at the Heat game and I figure I have a 1 in 6 chance of guessing which dude Wesker is.

reilo

numble said:
That's just the FanUp committee teaching the crowd their team's name.
Just wait until they find out about the team's past players like Alonzo Mourning and Rony Seikaly.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Marc J. Spears
Sacramento mayor and ex-NBA player Kevin Johnson said in so many words that major collapse by Anaheim needed for Kings to [remain in Sacramento].
I'm so sorry for Sacramento fans. David Stern really Bettman'd this and Seattle.

reilo

Rodeo Clown said:
I'm so sorry for Sacramento fans. David Stern really Bettman'd this and Seattle.
I agree with Woj on this one:
The NBA ought to be ashamed that it has failed to keep teams in Seattle and Sacramento. Devoted, smart, ticket-buying fans. Utter disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom