• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

The Frankman said:
Remember when Travis Outlaw was the Sleeper signing of the offseason? I hope those people woke up to reality now.
I can say i thought it was good, for the price. But he's turned into hot doo-doo on the nets. And yet he looked like an NBA player over in portland.

big win for hornets. daaaamn.

So if Memphis beats NOH tomorrow and Portland loses to OKC, there will be a 3 way tie for 6/7/8.

Maybe Portland can drop to 8th, Memphis climb to 6th, and NOH stay at 7th! That would be neat-o.

My god, Anthony Davis' talent level is incredible. I couldn't tell in most of his games because he's going up against guys two feet shorter than him, but he's still making everyone look like guys in their 50s at this allstar game. Too bad his high school coach never taught him offensive skills he'll ever use in college or the NBA. Focused too much on ball handling that's not good enough for those levels. Gilchrist looks incredibly unathletic in this game, that's not a good sign. Could just be him coasting though.

etiolate

Banned
The Frankman said:
The funny thing is he's so gangly and awkward at times that he doesn't actually flop most times. I'm not watching the game so I can't tell.

He ran up to take the charge, while leaning forward towards the ball handler and then started falling backwards at the same time he was leanign forwards, before Evans even got to the spot Gallo was at. It was like flop ballet, almost defying physics. I thought he was leaning in to take the charge, but he started bailing back before the guy got there.

KingGondo

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Why aren't the Thunder title contenders?
I'll go with the stock answer that we're not experienced enough and that we'll have to "pay our dues" but the real answer is that nobody has beaten the Lakers when they're playing for all the marbles.

We have a chance, but we'll really start to contend when Ibaka and Perk get on the same page. Not sure that'll happen this season.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
KingGondo said:
I'll go with the stock answer that we're not experienced enough and that we'll have to "pay our dues" but the real answer is that nobody has beaten the Lakers when they're playing for all the marbles.

We have a chance, but we'll really start to contend when Ibaka and Perk get on the same page. Not sure that'll happen this season.

Sounds like the Bulls, except sub Boozer and Noah instead of Ibaka and Perk. Boozer and Noah still are not on the same page.

Cloudy

Banned
So why did the Hawks give away Jordan Crawford again? Just picked him up in fantasy finals after tracking him for the last few weeks. Dude gets buckets

KingGondo

Banned
SephCast said:
Sounds like the Bulls, except sub Boozer and Noah instead of Ibaka and Perk. Boozer and Noah still are not on the same page.
We've also had trouble integrating our perimeter defense with Perk, but it's encouraging that we're still figuring things out but our defense is already a lot better.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
KingGondo said:
We've also had trouble integrating our perimeter defense with Perk, but it's encouraging that we're still figuring things out but our defense is already a lot better.

Like I said before, Bulls/Thunder future. We got this shit on lockdown.

Duki

Banned
the balls on dem hornets

plz lakers vs blazers first round plzplz

lol deron

lol nets

SCORE 70 IN THE FIRST HALF

ONLY BE UP BY TEN

knicks-nets-culture

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Omiee said:
your forgetting about the clips, they are a young team with a lot of potential.

delnegro-vinny-392-cp-080611.jpg

Cloudy said:
Wait, Amare only got one board tonight? How is that even possible? lol

Jumpshooter exclusively, so he's never in position to rebound. And when he is, he has poor technique. In short, just a bad bad rebounder.

giri

jordan0386 said:
Jumpshooter exclusively, so he's never in position to rebound. And when he is, he has poor technique. In short, just a bad bad rebounder.

It's all about effort with Amare.

NBA-GAF: With the exception of waitlists, my college decision period is over and I can proudly say that I will be enrolling in Dartmouth College in the fall. Woot woot!

KingGondo

Banned
GremlinFool said:
NBA-GAF: With the exception of waitlists, my college decision period is over and I can proudly say that I will be enrolling in Dartmouth College in the fall. Woot woot!
Preppy asshole.

Congrats!

How's their basketball team?

Do they even have one?

KingGondo said:
Preppy asshole.

Congrats!

How's their basketball team?

Do they even have one?
Lol I'm assuming they don't. The invention of basketball might not have even reached Hanover yet.

KingGondo

Banned
GremlinFool said:
Lol I'm assuming they don't. The invention of basketball might not have even reached Hanover yet.
Seriously though, you should be excited. College is one of the best experiences you'll have in your life.

Anthony Davis' defensive potential is staggering. He could win several DPotY awards and may lead the league in blocks in his rookie season. He's still got that offense thing to figure out though.

Chris Kaman is really such a terrible basketball player.

Dirk missed his first FT since March 4th!

Refs have been against the Clippers all night. Falling apart now. Damn. Guess Lakers gotta win tomorrow night. At least Dallas starters had to play this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom