• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
Lebron for Gordon/Jordan

mo.williams2.jpg

Sanjuro

Gigglepoo said:
People seem to forget the unreal OT Kobe played in the Lakers' Finals match up against the Pacers. With Shaq out and the Pacers threatening to tie the series at two games a piece, he went absolutely nuts during the overtime and carried them to victory.
I'm not saying he played bad. He was the secondary option in the last of the two, one of the pack in the first.

Darkman M

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'm not saying he played bad. He was the secondary option in the last of the two, one of the pack in the first.

You can say the same thing about Magic/Kareem it's kinda irrelevant to try to hold that against him.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I give Kobe credit when credit is due, if you are going to tell me the guy was the main component of five championships? You are one of THOSE revisionist Laker fans.

Nah, Shaq put up the more impressive performances, but Kobe deserves credit for one of those 3 series where he played his best finals. Many people say he rode shaq to all 3. There was one series where no one can say that. He essentially deserves credit for 3 championships as the main guy.

One from the 3 peat, and the last two.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

What does "one of the pack" mean? Like, with Harper and Horry? no, he was a 2nd option and closer.

Year 2 he was equal. His 2nd title playoff run was pretty crazy. 30-7-6 and those numbers underrate his impact in the WCF.

People forget the Finals back then were cakewalks. Lakers would simply dump the ball into Shaq every possession and destroy a weak Philly/Nets team with no inside presence (Mutumbo was not good enough then). Kobe could chill.

Kobe decimated the Spurs in the WCF in '01 and was the MVP (after Horry!) in '02 in the WCF.

The WCF were the true NBA Finals those years.

First year he was clearly a 2nd option. 2nd and 3rd year him and Shaq were equals, but the Finals were so lop-sided inside the Lakers simply exploited it.

J2 Cool

Dark FaZe said:
Deron/Lopez for Bron.

Bosh becomes a new player with Deron running the PnR.

LeBron has literally no one to recruit but CP3.

I like it. The rebounding battles between Bosh and Lopez would be epic, but I think Miami would be a better team honestly. Frees Wade up to play every game, instead of taking turns. Deron makes up for most of Bron's points (once his wrist heals), more assists, makes Bosh better. And they get more frontcourt scoring and size.

benita

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Wade for Bogut, Jennings, and a few young players from the Bucks works salary-wise and perceived value wise with Bogut still recovering from that devastating injury, the Heat could move the non-Bogut pieces for a guard. That's really the only Wade trade that works from a talent and salary position that fills needs for the Heat though.

I will cut you.

Why is it that every time I go I see us lose embarrassingly? I am 1-3 in Heat games this year.

It started off great, going to the game is always a blast. Wade and Lebron where putting on a show, it was awesome. Bibby getting an epic standing ovation was hilarious.

Then came the meltdown. Same shit all the time. Players just standing around, clearly getting frustrated cause all the tough shots are not going in like they did earlier. They have no backup plan, if they aren't on fire they have no offensive plan in place. It's so frustrating to watch.

Sharp

Darkman M said:
Why would Dwight do that to himself?
When you have the opportunity to win a ring with John Wall and Nick Young, you gotta do it.

Crimson what the hell is "FIFY." Dat spelling

Talon

Gigglepoo said:
People seem to forget the unreal OT Kobe played in the Lakers' Finals match up against the Pacers. With Shaq out and the Pacers threatening to tie the series at two games a piece, he went absolutely nuts during the overtime and carried them to victory.
At the same time, I think some of us forget how incredibly dominant Shaq was in the early 2000s because all we think of now is fatass old Shaq dancing across the entire league.

charsace

I remember when people were actually saying Bosh is better than Amare and that Bosh is a better pick and roll (even though he never ran it in toronto lol). Neither Wade or Lebron can run the pick and roll well even though they have the ball in their hands a lot.

Cloudy said:
R8iLU.jpg

Bosh not pleased with the game
61meq7p.gif

charsace

And I called a Bosh trade before the season. He's gone in the offseason. I don't understand how so many people couldn't see how weak he is mentally. I wish the Lakers would have traded Gasol for him like the fans wanted.

SUPREME1

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

wat

One of the pack??? Good lord.

Anyway, came here to lulz at dat Heat. So... lulz.

"Clutch
Why you no love me?"

Cloudy

Banned
charsace said:
Bosh was crying at the press conference. This dude is done lol.

I'd be mad too if I went from a star to an afterthought. Why don't they ever run anything for him? All he gets is mid-range jumpers or 3s. WTF

Sharp said:
When you have the opportunity to win a ring with John Wall and Nick Young, you gotta do it.

Crimson what the hell is "FIFY." Dat spelling

Nobody else even has money to sign the dude!

Improved Wall/Sully(or Perry)/ Young/ Money to max out Dwight AND pick up additional free agents.

We also have some of the best assets for a sign and trade situation (Shards expiring, McGee, top 5 2013 lottery pick).

Leonsis promised he'd bring the freshness.

Dare to dream.

charsace

Lebron is a cancer. Think about it. Wade doesn't look like himself half the time and Bosh is a complete wreck. Same with the cavs.

Cloudy said:
I'd be mad too if I went from a star to an afterthought. Why don't they ever run anything for him? All he gets is mid-range jumpers or 3s. WTF
Because he's soft and willing to fall back. Amar'e would be getting his or someone would get knocked the fuck out.

Cloudy said:

Lebron can't or doesn't want to run a real offense. Need to get his $tats.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
charsace said:
Lebron is a cancer. Think about it. Wade doesn't look like himself half the time and Bosh is a complete wreck. Same with the cavs.

Because he's soft and willing to fall back. Amar'e would be getting his or someone would get knocked the fuck out.

Bosh is Vin Baker 2.0

Do the heat have press conferences for all their post-games? Lakers only let Phil do that, everything else is in the locker room or on the court right after the game until the playoffs.

charsace

Blackace said:
Bosh is Vin Baker 2.0
I've been saying this. Most people just didn't understand. Bosh isn't on Amare's level. People were putting dude in their top 10. How many playoff teams has lead? All he did was get drafted in the right draft and some of the hype brushed off on him. There's a reason why Amare shits on him on the regular whenever people ask him about Bosh.

Al brings the CLUTCHNESS. Give him the rest of the shots, Nene and KMart have no shot against him.

To be fair to Bosh, he was top 5 in PER last season and put up 25-12 on insane efficiency despite being the only quality shot maker on the team.

charsace

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Al brings the CLUTCHNESS. Give him the rest of the shots, Nene and KMart have no shot against him.

To be fair to Bosh, he was top 5 in PER last season and put up 25-12 on insane efficiency despite being the only quality shot maker on the team.
All on a shit team that he gave up on regularly. You have to look beyond the numbers when evaluating players.

Sanjuro

ImperialConquest said:
wat

One of the pack??? Good lord.

Anyway, came here to lulz at dat Heat. So... lulz.

"Clutch
Why you no love me?"
I MAY BE WRONG, BUT I DOUBT IT...didn't Rick Fox put up similar numbers in that first championship series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom