• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Man, what the fuck is going on in high school ball lately?

Fennville’s undefeated boys basketball season took a tragic turn Thursday night when standout player Wes Leonard collapsed on the court moments after leading the Blackhawks to a 57-55 overtime win against Bridgman at home.

The 16-year-old junior was rushed by ambulance to Holland Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. The cause of death is unknown, according to hospital officials.

“The information that we have is that he made the game-winning basket, and that there were a number of players and fans out on the court, and Wes just collapsed,” said Deb Patterson, Holland Hospital’s patient care coordinator. “Wes arrived at 9:20 and paramedics were performing CPR on him. He was pronounced dead at 10:40.
http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/03/fennville_basketball_star_wes.html

Sad shit. RIP.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
Kobe had 14 & 5, Fox had 11 & 3 assists. Not sure how Fox had better numbers (and IIRC, the 4 FTs for Fox were intentional fouls to ice it).

Fox had ONE SHOT in the final game. Kobe scored 26. Where are these "better numbers."

Come on, now.
You must be looking at the wrong series.

Beezy

SamuraiX- said:
4mngo4n
lmao

woodchuck

wait...did Kenyon Martin touch the ball after Kirilenko stole it? It looks like Martin made a swipe at the ball while standing out of bounds while kirilenko was about to go up with it

The Crimson Blur said:
Hey you shut the fuck up about Iverson. Iverson is a great player. All time great.

..I agree about Lebron tho.

Hey that's why I qualified it by saying "on the court team chemistry". Iverson was 10x the competitor of Lebron. Iverson left every piece of his body matter on the court every night. Whereas unexplained passiveness by Lebron is a weekly occurrence.

Branduil

shibby said:
What happened? I turned the tv off.
Devin Harris hits a 3 with 2 seconds left. Martin botches the inbounds and gives the ball to AK with 1 second left under the basket, alone. He botches the layup and time runs out.

charsace said:
And I called a Bosh trade before the season. He's gone in the offseason. I don't understand how so many people couldn't see how weak he is mentally. I wish the Lakers would have traded Gasol for him like the fans wanted.
Who was asking for a gasol for Bosh trade, everyone wanted to get rid of bynum for him

dream

shibby said:
What happened? I turned the tv off.

Utah's down 5 with 5 seconds left and they hit a 3. AK steals the ball on Denver's inbound then misses the uncontested game tying layup.

J2 Cool

woodchuck said:
wait...did Kenyon Martin touch the ball after Kirilenko stole it? It looks like Martin made a swipe at the ball while standing out of bounds while kirilenko was about to go up with it

He did, not before AK bobbled it himself.

shibby said:
Fuck you Raja. No one likes you except ItWasMeantToBe which means you suck.

I've always said he's abysmal as a basketball player and shouldn't play but the rookies seem to like him and the rest of the locker room wasn't helping them very much. I would rather have him as a coach than a player though.

Missed the AK play, would have made me more sad.

shibby

Branduil said:
Devin Harris hits a 3 with 2 seconds left. Martin botches the inbounds and gives the ball to AK with 1 second left under the basket, alone. He botches the layup and time runs out.

Like an open layup? He just missed a regular layup?

Jazz need someone to demand the ball at the end of the games. They've played hot potato the last 5 minutes of every close game and they keep turning it over. I'd rather they just let Al do a push shot every time they go down the floor rather than giving up fast breaks.

DominoKid

The Chosen One said:
Also, I don't want to hear anymore crap about Lebron making his teammates better. Lebron has completely nerfed Wade's 4th quarter killer instinct mentality. And while Bosh was overrated at the start of the season, he's still a top player in the league and now the man is completely broken.

In terms of on the floor team chemistry, Lebron is indeed Iverson 2.0. His empty inflated stats basically water down his teammates. Forget about a championship, at this rate the Heat will be fortunate if they're able to get past the second round in the playoffs.

oh shit son. he see the truth.

Branduil

shibby said:
Like an open layup? He just missed a regular layup?

Jazz need someone to demand the ball at the end of the games. They've played hot potato the last 5 minutes of every close game and they keep turning it over. I'd rather they just let Al do a push shot every time they go down the floor rather than giving up fast breaks.
Wide open. The only defender was the clock.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Ah, I'm on the Sixers.

makes sense. Like I said earlier, 30-7-6 in that season.

Dude chilled in the NBA Finals. Sixers couldn't play with Shaq and Lakers exploited it. Game 1 was an aberration for the entire team after a 10 days layoff (they were 11-0 before that game and it was the only game they lost).

Go check out Kobe's WCF that season against the Spurs (#1 Defense too). that was the true NBA Finals.

haha Barkley bringing the truth.

"Their missing a 3rd guy." What about Bosh? "yeah, well, he's not a dominant 3rd guy."

Bosh has been so exposed.

DSC_0020_medium.JPG

Whatever though, this isn't the reason they lost the game, they need Hayward to be in at the end of games and CJ and Bell to not be in at the end of games, that's why they're losing.

dream

Ezhg8.png

The fuck...

I'm sorry for bringing this shit in here but I keep looking at the My Little Pony thread and what the fucking fuck

Blackface

Banned
I love how people are wanting Bosh to be traded. Yet when Wade and James lose Miami games it's fine.

I have to say though. Do you really think the team would be better without Bosh? The problem is Wade and James playing together. Bosh shot like shit, but those who he was defending were also kept in check. Instead, for another game, the guy Wade should be holding down lights them up.

There are no players in the NBA as good as Bosh willing to be third options. This is what happens when you sign two guys who do the same shit in Wade and Lebron. There is not enough ball in Miami.

they would be better with a defensive/tough PF, and a PG like Chris Paul or Deron williams over Bosh without a doubt. The same could be said if they had a defensive/tough center, and Chris Paul over Lebron James.

Bosh is shooting close to 50 percent from the field, and 80 percent from the line. The reason he isn't averaging 20 PPG is because he is not getting the opportunity to do it consistently.

I really hope they trades him in the off-season. So they can find someone else to blame next season.

Maybe Miami should look at the fact Lebron James thinks he is Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson rolled into one player with a bad hairline. He isn't, and never will be. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom