• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@johnhollinger No, actually, I don't care how many close games the Heat lose. Only relevance it has for playoffs is in quest for home-court advantage
LOL.

If margin of victory is the best predictor of a great team, how come the Suns advanced further in the playoffs than the Cavs, despite having a lower differential and played in a better conference than the Cavs? How come Boston managed to get to the Finals with a relatively okay differential of 3.7 -- nearly half of what the Cavs won by?

Blackface said:
I love how people are wanting Bosh to be traded. Yet when Wade and James lose Miami games it's fine.

I have to say though. Do you really think the team would be better without Bosh? The problem is Wade and James playing together. Bosh shot like shit, but those who he was defending were also kept in check. Instead, for another game, the guy Wade should be holding down lights them up.

There are no players in the NBA as good as Bosh willing to be third options. This is what happens when you sign two guys who do the same shit in Wade and Lebron. There is not enough ball in Miami.

they would be better with a defensive/tough PF, and a PG like Chris Paul or Deron williams over Bosh without a doubt. The same could be said if they had a defensive/tough center, and Chris Paul of Lebron James.

Bosh is shooting close to 50 percent from the field, and 80 percent from the line. The reason he isn't averaging 20 PPG is because he is not getting the opportunity to do it consistently.

I really hope they trades him in the off-season. So they can find someone else to blame next season.

BOSHHURT.gif.pagespeed.ce.NowdpFJgAK.gif

Darkman M

Blackface said:
I love how people are wanting Bosh to be traded. Yet when Wade and James lose Miami games it's fine.

I have to say though. Do you really think the team would be better without Bosh? The problem is Wade and James playing together. Bosh shot like shit, but those who he was defending were also kept in check. Instead, for another game, the guy Wade should be holding down lights them up.

There are no players in the NBA as good as Bosh willing to be third options. This is what happens when you sign two guys who do the same shit in Wade and Lebron. There is not enough ball in Miami.

they would be better with a defensive/tough PF, and a PG like Chris Paul or Deron williams over Bosh without a doubt. The same could be said if they had a defensive/tough center, and Chris Paul of Lebron James.

Bosh is shooting close to 50 percent from the field, and 80 percent from the line. The reason he isn't averaging 20 PPG is because he is not getting the opportunity to do it consistently.

I really hope they trades him in the off-season. So they can find someone else to blame next season.

Odom is straight with being the 6th man.

So.. rules don't matter? Kenyon touched the ball while out of bounds... fml.. I don't ever blame the refs but they blew it big time tonight for the Jazz.

Also raja bell = fail

Branduil

dream said:
Ezhg8.png

The fuck...

I'm sorry for bringing this shit in here but I keep looking at the My Little Pony thread and what the fucking fuck
Look you obviously want to watch it, just do it instead of bringing your repression issues in here.

reilo said:
LOL.

If margin of victory is the best predictor of a great team, how come the Suns advanced further in the playoffs than the Cavs, despite having a lower differential and played in a better conference than the Cavs? How come Boston managed to get to the Finals with a relatively okay differential of 3.7 -- nearly half of what the Cavs won by?

The problem is that Hollinger and other analysts keep looking at point differential in series, even when isolated by 2nd round and up to ignore skewed 1st round results, but not going into greater detail that matters.

They don't isolate real discrepancies in W/L or PD. When they run the data, if in round 2 a team with a 19-9 vs >.500 beats a 18-10 vs >.500 OR a +6 PD vs a +5.8 PF it chalks up a "win" for the "better" team even though statistically speaking they're equal.

What I've been waiting for is for analysis that provides the likelihood of winning a playoff series between two teams where one team is significantly worse against .500 teams or elite teams (by PD and W/L record). I believe this will give us the results we expect.

Blackface

Banned
Fun stat of the day.

Lebron James and Wade have taken just about the same amount of shots each, as Bosh did total last season. Bosh has taken hundreds less.

He is a third option. He isn't going to be scoring over 20 PPG. Get used to it. It doesn't matter who you bring in. There are only so many shots per game.

Blackface said:
Fun stat of the day.

Lebron James and Wade have taken just about the same amount of shots each, as Bosh did total last season. Bosh has taken hundreds less.

He is a third option. He isn't going to be scoring over 20 PPG. Get used to it. It doesn't matter who you bring in. There are only so many shots per game.

Lowest TS% in 6 seasons, despite the fact that as usage drops usually efficiency increases. Lowest Reb % since his rookie year and it's not like he's playing with a legit rebounder. Lowest blocks % of his career, too.

No one is saying he has to score 20ppg. But dude is aenimic to the paint this season, isn't posting up when he shoot, has become nothing but a mid-range spot up shooter and game bricking 3 point shooter.

He's soft and being exposed now that he's not on a crappy team playing a super fast pace.

better fun fact: Miami is last in the league in shots at the rim. Wade and Lebron get to the rim a fair amount. Blame? bosh.

Blackface said:
Fun stat of the day.

He's not playing worth his contract. He's not worth $20 million a year if he's gonna just be a 3rd option who puts up good numbers but never really imposes his will, has a huge impact on the game. Especially if the cap gets tighter/hard next CBA, having that much money tied up into Bosh, instead of say 2-3 solid players who can round out your depth around Bron/Wade, will kill that team.

dream

Black Mamba said:
Why does Charles believe in Dallas more than the Spurs? History and current season says otherwise...

I may be wrong
but I think Chuck thinks the Spurs championship hopes rest on Timmy's shoulders.

there has not been a single inside the NBA this year where Chuck hasn't gone out of his way to hate on the Spurs

dream said:
I may be wrong
but I think Chuck thinks the Spurs championship hopes rest on Timmy's shoulders.

they do

as they always do

Blackface said:
Fun stat of the day.

gal_carmelo-knicks_16.jpg

I know its only been 5 games but they are averaging over 20

Blackface

Banned
soundscream said:
gal_carmelo-knicks_16.jpg

I know its only been 5 games but they are averaging over 20

Lets see how it goes after 56 next season. It's easy to see the PPG they all accumulated by being on different teams. They are also in the D'antoni system. Even so, it won't stay this way. If it does, good for them. They would then do something almost no teams in the NBA have ever done.

Black Mamba said:
I, for one, do not ignore the possibility that Duncan has been sandbaggin' this year.
I'm unaware of this term. Does it mean he's coasting, and is going to explode in the playoffs? Or do you think he's actually fallen of greatly.

dream

MidnightCowboy said:
I'm unaware of this term. Does it mean he's coasting, and is going to explode in the playoffs? Or do you think he's actually fallen of greatly.

The former.

Personally, I think Timmy is just old. But I think an old Timmy is still better than most players.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Not a BYU fan, but things will get better once Hayward starts getting clutch minutes...

Yes this! Might as well let the kid get big minutes he is playing decent and bell is a liability these days.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blackface said:

they would be better with a defensive/tough PF, and a PG like Chris Paul or Deron williams over Bosh without a doubt. The same could be said if they had a defensive/tough center, and Chris Paul over Lebron James.

Maybe Miami should look at the fact Lebron James thinks he is Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson rolled into one player with a bad hairline. He isn't, and never will be. Ever.

Lol Wade and Bosh without LBJ would be the fifth seed in the East.

Blackface said:
Fun stat of the day.

Wow, you're like Bosh's John the Baptist. You make Konex's infatuation with Kobe seem average in comparison to your romantic defense of all things Bosh.

exarkun

Blackace said:
Lol Wade and Bosh without LBJ would be the fifth seed in the East.

Without LBJ's contract though, the could have filled the team with some good role players. Maybe an actual center.

Without LBJ and with a healthy Wade (I don't even know what that means anymore) the Heat would be nasty.

Plus, how long until Riley decides to cut Eric's balls off and start coaching the team. No way he lets stuff continue as is. Didn't someone on the team already start calling Riley coach?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Crimson Blur said:
Have you looked at their remaining schedule? They still might be.

(and no, the Heat would be much better without Lebron. Hes a cancer)

Not saying he isn't a cancer but the Heat would be shitty without LBJ.

Gigglepoo

The Crimson Blur said:
Wade, unlike LeBron, has a ring.

Which is looking more and more like a fluke with each passing year. Since that season, Wade's teams have lost in the first round three times and missed the playoffs once. In the Eastern Conference. Plus, when you consider the bailout calls in the Finals and the Heat only winning 52 games that year (the lowest for a champion since the Rockets, I believe), it just seems like a crazy blip on the radar.

exarkun said:
Without LBJ's contract though, the could have filled the team with some good role players. Maybe an actual center.

Without LBJ and with a healthy Wade (I don't even know what that means anymore) the Heat would be nasty.

Plus, how long until Riley decides to cut Eric's balls off and start coaching the team. No way he lets stuff continue as is. Didn't someone on the team already start calling Riley coach?

After what has gone on, I don't think Riley wants any part of this team, coaching wise. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose from it. And Wade wants Riley to stay away.

It ain't Spo's fault. He's screwed in this situation.

Blackace said:

Wade's team won 40+ the last 2 seasons and no one was as good as Bosh (even as exposed as he is).

Can they use $15 million to bring in players since Lebron won't be with them? I think they'd put together a 50 win team.

Gigglepoo

Black Mamba said:
Wade's team won 40+ the last 2 seasons and no one was as good as Bosh (even as exposed as he is).

Can they use $15 million to bring in players since Lebron won't be with them? I think they'd put together a 50 win team.

Wade's teams have won 50+ games twice in his career.

LeBron's teams have won 60+ games twice in his career.

Wade is too selfish to raise the level of his teammates. He needs lots of help around him to thrive, whereas LeBron can turn shit into sundaes.

Seriously, it's a joke that Wade hasn't been out of the first round since he lucked into that title. It's the Eastern Conference! There have only been a few decent teams of late, and he still couldn't get it done.

giri

Blackace said:
I disagree. With out LBJ they could've signed a competent PG and C pairing.

Imagine how decent Miami would look, if they had've traded LBJ for everything NY gave up for melo.... depth, size, decent pg, youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom