• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
xnipx said:
What have you seen to make you believe they will get any better? Is it just hope? Or do you have evidence to back it up?? Because unless wade gets his balls back from lebron, this is brons team and he hasn't shown anything in his career that he can get better in late game situations

Well their coach sucks and they don't respect him in the slightest.

xnipx

Raging Spaniard said:
The numbers show that James is good in the clutch, plus if he doesnt take that shot and instead gives it to Eddie House or Mike miller ... and they miss (like they have done many times this season) then you'll bitch about that, too.

We just need to establish a playing-the-resultGAF

Real talk, Bosh has been the best thing about that team so far. Sacrificed the most and is making the most out of the situation.
Which numbers?? Lebron is good at daggering teams when they have a 2-3 point lead to ice the game. But the only clutch shot I remember him hitting his entire career was in 09 against the magic.

ph33nix said:
I'm pretty sure last week when LeBron was taking shots at the end he was getting ripped for being selfish and not trusting. Then giving the ball at the end means you're a pussy. It's great.

You do what's best to win games, not please those on an internet forum.

The coach of the Heat(whoever he is) has drawn up plays for Bosh and moreso LeBron of late and no one expects them to work.

He's an idiot that doesn't do what's best to win games at the end.

Fox318

npfKx.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
xnipx said:
Do you believe lebron can coexist with good coaching?? Honest question

Do you believe you can ask questions with only one question mark?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He's an idiot that doesn't do what's best to win games at the end.

Explain.

So was passing up a shot for a better shot for House and Miller bad? Is that an idiotic move?

giri

ph33nix said:
I never said they didn't suck in the clutch. It IS a trend. But it doesn't mean that our season is over and that we will be terrible in the clutch forever. It might last this year but could be an improvement next year, who knows. But it doesn't mean that the team we forged over the summer is going to be a failure forever which is how people are labeling them.

The same people who were jealous last summer are the same ones firing the dumb shots now. Go figure.

Orlando is going to shoot 55% from three regularly?

And how are we using Bosh wrong? With him you either just let him have isos (Raptors) or use him as a floor spacer which is generally what he's there for. It's his job to know if he should take the open shot or drive. Unfortunately he'd usually rather shoot. Do his stats and shots taken speak max contract? Hell no, but his presence is SUPPOSED to open our offense.

And the whole "Bosh is overpaid you guys shouldn't have gotten him" shtick is retarded, Bosh was basically going to get that money some way or the other. It was either have the Miami Timberwolves without Kevin Love, or have these 3 guys. I think I'll take what we have now over being a lottery team.

I say he's not being used properly because he can get to the rim when he wants, and has a decent mid range jumper, why isn't he in a PnR situation with wade or LBJ handling like he suns ran last year. he's just as good at getting to the foul line (and a better FT shooter) as LBJ and wade, so when i say tha most of the sets seem to have him getting the ball at the shoulder for a jumper is wrong, you're discounting about 75% of his offensive game.

He has sacrificed the most in terms of O touches and numbers, but he has also come up with some classic soft guy quotes this year.

Raging Spaniard said:
The numbers show that James is good in the clutch, plus if he doesnt take that shot and instead gives it to Eddie House or Mike miller ... and they miss (like they have done many times this season) then you'll bitch about that, too.

We just need to establish a playing-the-resultGAF

Real talk, Bosh has been the best thing about that team so far. Sacrificed the most and is making the most out of the situation.
I think most clown LBJ when he gives it to house before he trys to create and draws the D in to him in the paint, before kicking it out. That rager mason 3pter on christmas a few years back is a classic example, it was a great play, because TP(? or was it manu? i think TP) drew the suns D in and collapsed it first, then kicked it out to a guy having a great year from 3, in an uncontested situation. Thats what rose did with deng, at the end of the bulls/heat game this year, it was a good move. He gets clowned on when he defers straight away, or doesn't even try to create.

ph33nix said:

It's quite simple:

Guy from the Heat that stands on the sidelines in a suit: Wade, you're going to take the last shot.

Wade: Ok, dude.

Instead what you have is the dude that wears the suit on the Heat's bench drawing up plays for a power forward to shoot threes with the game on the line and guy who isn't a good threepoint shooter in the clutch at all to take the tying three.

Basically, both Wade and LeBron are shitty threepoint shooters(though they make some during the less urgent parts of the game) but to not go to Wade in the clutch shows me that the cast of ESPN might as well be coaching the team.

But no, keep going to LeBron for threes at the end, all the other teams in the East would like homecourt.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
It's quite simple:

Guy from the Heat that stands on the sidelines in a suit: Wade, you're going to take the last shot.

Wade: Ok, dude.

Instead what you have is the dude that wears the suit on the Heat's bench drawing up plays for a power forward to shoot threes with the game on the line and guy who isn't a good threepoint shooter in the clutch at all to take the tying three.

Basically, both Wade and LeBron are shitty threepoint shooters(though they make some during the less urgent parts of the game) but to not go to Wade in the clutch shows me that the cast of ESPN might as well be coaching the team.

But no, keep going to LeBron for threes at the end, all the other teams in the East would like homecourt.

I can't disagree with your post

...because I thought you were referring to Bron, and not Coach Spo. lol

like I said, guys. All these games are just glorified practices right now. We got enough time to shift this to the Miami Wades...

giri

ph33nix said:
And guys let's face it. Wade is letting Bosh/James have all their game ending shots before Wade hogs it in the playoffs!
Actually, i sometimes wonder if this really is it. They don't want to run their end game wade sets in the regular season, to let other teams know what they are and plan for them, instead, hiding them for the play offs. For miamis sake i hope thats true.

ph33nix said:
Explain.

So was passing up a shot for a better shot for House and Miller bad? Is that an idiotic move?

It's a move that tells you a lot but I would say based on what has happened all year that it's a better option than LeBron taking the shot.

Those guys actually can shoot three pointers.

I'm not sure how clutch they are but they can't be less clutch than LeBron shooting them.

LeBron gets all this shit because he's supposed to be one of the top 5 players in the league and some would say of all time(hahahahaha).

If LeBron passes up the shots, he will get ridiculed here and elsewhere for it but a true team wants to win and doesn't care what Sportscenter thinks.

Look at Jordan, he almost always took the big shot and no one could stop him but he also passed the ball to Steve Kerr to win that one Championship and no one gave him shit for that.

Because he already proved he's the best clutch player in the game.

LeBron isn't a clutch player from threepoint range and never will be, therefore they should try someone else.

giri said:
Actually, i sometimes wonder if this really is it. They don't want to run their end game wade sets in the regular season, to let other teams know what they are and plan for them, instead, hiding them for the play offs. For miamis sake i hope thats true.

it better be fucking true :(

this team keeps giving me reasons not to watch though. if we win whoopeeee who cares, if we lose then its an embarrassment. I don't even have time to really watch a full game anymore, and if I happen to be around for the whole thing, then I'm always doing something else while the game's in a smaller window. for example last night we were up 24 and i put my monitor in a different position so i could watch in my bed, and i got a little shut eye till i heard kevin harlan having an orgasm and then I knew things were bad.

ph33nix said:
like I said, guys. All these games are just glorified practices right now. We got enough time to shift this to the Miami Wades...

I'd say playoff seeding is a big deal but maybe you think this Heat team that isn't good against winning teams at all can win pressure playoff games on the road.

ph33nix said:
I can't disagree with your post

...because I thought you were referring to Bron, and not Coach Spo. lol

“I can’t defer,” James said. “I’m never in defer mentality.”

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
xnipx said:
And what happened to him?

He benched a point guard that the GM invested a lot of money in and refused to play him.. Had nothing to do with LBJ like you are spinning

Dark FaZe said:

Where's the finest "Shoot myself in the head" gif out there?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I'd say playoff seeding is a big deal but maybe you think this Heat team that isn't good against winning teams at all can win pressure playoff games on the road.

Dude, we're fine against winning teams. I'm not even paying attention to what our record is because every game had a circumstance of its own. We have to refine our execution. Every game I've watched against a good team we have stretches where we make 2k11-like passes and have stretches of just awful play that comes from nowhere. I think that's something that can be worked out and that's why I'm still encouraged.

We're totally capable of playing great basketball. But yeah, when it comes to the point where "fuck, we gotta get a stop and then score twice," we're pretty LOL in that department.

giri

ph33nix said:
it better be fucking true :(

this team keeps giving me reasons not to watch though. if we win whoopeeee who cares, if we lose then its an embarrassment. I don't even have time to really watch a full game anymore, and if I happen to be around for the whole thing, then I'm always doing something else while the game's in a smaller window. for example last night we were up 24 and i put my monitor in a different position so i could watch in my bed, and i got a little shut eye till i heard kevin harlan having an orgasm and then I knew things were bad.
I can only think thats the only reason, they haven't just gone into "put ball into wades hands, and watch him dagger the shit out of everyone" mode. Guy tends to be a freak in the clutch (maybe not as much as melo who is just absurd, but still).

Anyways you east coast/early time zone bastards are making me late for work. It was nice having a reasonable discussion with all the other fanboys still in bed

giri said:
I can only think thats the only reason, they haven't just gone into "put ball into wades hands, and watch him dagger the shit out of everyone" mode. Guy tends to be a freak in the clutch (maybe not as much as melo who is just absurd, but still).

This is not the preseason in the NFL.

It's an absurd notion that the Heat are holding their cards close to the vest.

It's a stupid thing to waste games doing that especially when you are in the top 3 of the conference.

It's a case of LeBron believing the hype that he's the man when the man has been on the team long before he joined.

How is Wade clutch? Can someone explain where this idea came from because it's not based in reality. And why would you want a 29% three point shooter to be taking a three at the end of the game? James Jones should have taken the shot if he had gotten minutes in the game to warm up which didn't happen so Spo had to pick between five horrible options.

edit: Morey saying BBIQ doesn't matter for big man, WHAT? Guess you have to defend trading for Thabeet and Jordan Hill any way you can. That is seriously one awful comment. Intelligence is needed to rebound, to rotate, to know which shots to contest, I seriously don't get Morey.

dIEHARD said:

I never saw that before but Derrick Rose never does that shit at the end of games nor would any of the other point guards in the game.

That foul was nothing, it could have been a lot worse.

You run out the clock.

Rondo should spend more energy working on his all around game than his WWE antics.

Clearly a skilled point guard who is incredibly immature.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
How is Wade clutch? Can someone explain where this idea came from because it's not based in reality. And why would you want a 29% three point shooter to be taking a three at the end of the game?

Numbers don't always tell the story.

All I remember is Wade winning a championship in the past and his late game almost heroics against the Bulls the first time they played this year.

LeBron was out and Wade hit two threes(back to back???) NEAR the end of the game(like a minute left or so).

He tried again after Korver came right back and he missed(looked like he was trying to draw the foul) but all that is more than I have seen from James.

Sometimes a guy just has it in him to rise to the occasion when it counts the most.

The only guy I see on that team that possibly could be the guy is Wade.

Has James Jones ever hit a shot to win a game???

To sum it up, LeBron and Bosh shouldn't be the first options.

GamerSoul

I can't be mad at LeBron for trying and making the effort though. I think it's more of play designing. Jones, House, Miller, Chalmers and now Bibby all can get that ball at that time and have a better chance of scoring. Wade and Lebron just have to find them in rythm ala how Derrick Rose found Deng. But idk, I just feeling like their gonna bring another level during the playoffs, I just can feel it.

Ante Tomic's coach resigned, please come to America, Tomic!

Gordon Hayward is becoming a really good basketball player. Elite at defense, rebounding, and transition basketball. Able to create extremely well. Good athleticism. Good shot. He's going to be great once he starts consistently attacking players off of the dribble.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Okay, he's not elite at defense yet, but he's good and considering that he's one of the five players in the league with a wingspan shorter than his height, that's sort of elite!

I think he has a promising career and will only get better.

I'm not like those on here that think he's a scrub.

Not at all.

SamuraiX-

GamerSoul said:
I can't be mad at LeBron for trying and making the effort though. I think it's more of play designing. Jones, House, Miller, Chalmers and now Bibby all can get that ball at that time and have a better chance of scoring. Wade and Lebron just have to find them in rythm ala how Derrick Rose found Deng. But idk, I just feeling like their gonna bring another level during the playoffs, I just can feel it.
girlwriteslol.gif

But really, bring what other level? Their dynamic isolation plays? Instead of isolating LeBron on two straight possessions, you think they'll mix it up and set up an iso for Wade instead?

And I'm watching Inside the NBA right now and EJ and Chuck don't think that Kenyon Martin touched the ball when AK was going up for the layup, even when they replayed it on slow-mo.

I see Kenny is the only one in that studio who has eyes anymore.

Well the Heat are in trouble again because they are dropping games to playoff teams.

They were up 20 at halftime so you know.

Be scared for Miami, they're not done playing playoff teams.

Jeff-DSA

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Raja Bell is pretty bad but referring to him as pure trash is harsh.

Yeah, Raja is pretty horrible. Hayward needs to take his starter minutes.

I'm just tired of never seeing the Jazz get any home court advantage though. It's really old at this point. It always feels like we're the road team. Considering not bothering with season tickets next year unless significant moves are made by the team, and it would really help if the league could address some of its glaring issues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom