• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

The Crimson Blur said:
Commentators are begging for the Heat to come back. Keep talking about how SAS is going to lose this lead.

lol nice one ESPN

I think ESPN is starting to turn on El Heat.

heatweak.png

The Crimson Blur said:
That was awesome. Great play by Lebron.

That type of play is what I find most frustrating about Lebron. He's capable of doing some amazing shit, but loves to settle for dribbling for 15 seconds and barreling into someone at the end of the shot clock.

obijkenobi said:
That type of play is what I find most frustrating about Lebron. He's capable of doing some amazing shit, but loves to settle for dribbling for 15 seconds and barreling into someone at the end of the shot clock.

He's the best streetball player in the league.

Tom Penny said:
Your squad is pulling a C'z. Get a big lead. Put in some random scrub lineup and they cut into the lead and start losing momentum.

We haven't lost at home since November. Count that. Thats 4 months. 21 straight.

We aren't going to lose to this scrub Heat team. We'll be fine.

PBY

Banned
The only solace I can take in this night of bball is the fact that I was literally just outside MSG a few seconds ago- the wave of bitter faces on hundreds of Knicks fans was priceless

Godslay

Banned
masud said:
I'm having a hard time liking or caring about this Knicks squad. And i was really into the season before the trade deadline.

Come on board. You follow the Nuggets just as much as anyone else.

effzee

obijkenobi said:

You can't be on a fast break every play.

The Crimson Blur said:
We haven't lost at home since November. Count that. Thats 4 months. 21 straight.

We aren't going to lose to this scrub Heat team. We'll be fine.

Taking things for granted can only come back to haunt you.

(yeah, Heat have no chance)

masud said:
I'm having a hard time liking or caring about this Knicks squad. And i was really into the season before the trade deadline.
4th quarter execution wasn't smooth and they looked lost on D. Defensive recognition was poor and Williams/Walker were shit shooting the 3. One one 3 Williams hit that would've been a backbreaker for the Cavs was called back on one of many bullshit charges on Carmelo.

a) This team isn't a 3-point shooting team anymore.
b) They seemed lost on how to handle Baron Davis. Why Carter was on him and not Douglas (who D'Antoni lost faith in) was surprising.
c) Knicks still play down to the level of the competition. We all know they're nowhere near great yet.

Hopefully they come back ready to face the Hawks in a big matchup in Atlanta.
effzee said:
Sixers stay strong! Knicks LOL.

Yes I know we will be sacrificial lambs to whoever we play round 1.
But the Knicks won't. :D

Some real life thinkings on this game so far:

1. The Heat can not stop Parker. They literally can't.
2. RJ is the only wing player we have that looks like he can box out Lebron on the boards. Manu might be able to do it, but I wouldn't want him wasting his energy doing that.
3. Bosh plays 0 defense.

The Crimson Blur said:
Commentators are begging for the Heat to come back. Keep talking about how SAS is going to lose this lead.

lol nice one ESPN

Yeah they are trying their hardest to downplay every loss.
Your boys are looking good tonight Crimson.

Flash

The Frankman said:
c) Knicks still play down to the level of the competition. We all know they're nowhere near great yet.

here's the thing though, they already lost to the cavs. they were embarassed by it, ridiculed by it, and i'm sure they were pumped to redeem themselves. but they didn't lol

obijkenobi said:
ESPN commentators giving the Heat a moral victory for only being down 12 points at the half.

I don't know, I have to agree that they are fortunate to still be in the game.

12 points in this league is nothing but the Spurs are so good that I think they are in control.

Flash said:
here's the thing though, they already lost to the cavs. they were embarassed by it, ridiculed by it, and i'm sure they were pumped to redeem themselves. but they didn't lol
Well follow the last two pages for the reasons why. I wonder if Walsh is going to start sending money to David Stern like he was earlier in the year on Anthony's behalf. Worked for Gallo!

Flash said:

to be fair, this is a different knicks team than the team that lost those first 2 games. lots of new players.

(ok there is no need to be fair. they are about to get swept by the cavs ffs)

CherryWoodFuton said:
Oh hai guys whats goin on........*looks at heat score* fuck this shit im outta here

Typical.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I don't know, I have to agree that they are fortunate to still be in the game.

12 points in this league is nothing but the Spurs are so good that I think they are in control.

Yeah, but you have to look at how that lead happened. That first quarter was not a coincidence. Its just a sign of what we can do to this Heat team when we want to. Now, you can counter that what the Heat did to us in the 2nd is indicative of what they can do to us, but not really. We ran a lineup with Blair as our only big. We were sandbagging and it showed. They made a shit ton of long 2s. Inconsistent offense.

There is nothing inconsistent about Bonner 3s and open layups.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How the fuck did Lopez only get 2 rebounds in 37 minutes. How does that happen? I mean, seriously. Is it mental? Is he that bad?

The Crimson Blur said:
Yeah, but you have to look at how that lead happened. That first quarter was not a coincidence. Its just a sign of what we can do to this Heat team when we want to. Now, you can counter that what the Heat did to us in the 2nd is indicative of what they can do to us, but not really. We ran a lineup with Blair as our only big. We were sandbagging and it showed. They made a shit ton of long 2s. Inconsistent offense.

There is nothing inconsistent about Bonner 3s and open layups.

I just don't think you should let a team with streaky scorers like the Heat back in a game when you have them beaten.

But I expect the Spurs to go back to playing like the game was 0-0 now, I am sure the coach isn't altogether happy and will find a lot to fire the team up about.

Flash

The Crimson Blur said:
to be fair, this is a different knicks team than the team that lost those first 2 games. lots of new players.

(ok there is no need to be fair. they are about to get swept by the cavs ffs)

not really though, they lost to them exactly a week ago as well. and that was following the melo deal.

Just saw a replay down the stretch:

a) Carmelo actually was in Parker's face and he hit the 3 anyway. Great shot by Parker.
b) I cannot believe refs called that Anthony charge, dude wasn't even set and it's a FUCKING ROOKIE vs. Carmelo Anthony? and you don't give Anthony the and 1? Oh man kill yourself ref.

Plus Carmelo was on fire all game, weird that they'd shaft a hot player down the stretch.

Ephemeris

AlphaSnake said:
I cannot believe we lost to those scrubby as Cavs. That's 4 in a row this season, 17 straight over the past few seasons.

Pitiful.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom