• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
39 FT attempts for the Heat
15 for the Sixers

This is a joke. God forbid they call a fair game... can't let LeBrick and Wade get knocked out early!

First round predictions

Western Conference
San Antonio (1) vs. Memphis (8)
Spurs in 6 (it'd be a sweep if there weren't injuries).

LA Lakers (2) vs. New Orleans (7)
Lakers in 5.

Dallas (3) vs. Portland (6)
Dallas in 7.

Oklahoma (4) vs. Denver (5)
Denver in 7. I think Oklahoma will take it, but I really want Denver to win, so they're getting my vote.

Eastern Conference
Chicago (1) vs Indiana (8)
Chicago in 4

Miami (2) vs Philadelphia (7)
Miami in 5

Boston (3) vs New York (6)
Celtics in 7 (they've been lousy since the All Star break)

Orlando (4) vs. Atlanta (5)
Orlando in 6.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Heavy said:
15 for the Sixers

This is a joke. God forbid they call a fair game... can't let LeBrick and Wade get knocked out early!

That's why you drive the ball.

Edit: Damn saw the shot chart..phily was in the paint way more often than the heat in 4th quarter.

Heavy said:
15 for the Sixers

No, you're a joke. That's the kind of stuff a 13 year old points out for blame.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I saw a ton of empty seats painted white which made someone like me(with my eyesight) think every seat was filled.

It's a sheet on the seat. And people arriving late doesn't mean they are empty. As the game went on the seats were full.

Zep said:
But, hes under appreciated! I hate Iguodala.

I was hoping that he played great so that we could pawn him off on someone...but nope...fucker only takes 4 shots.

He played some nice D on Bron in the 4th but c'mon son. We keep getting these guys that want to fill up stat sheets which is fine but we really need a guy who is about getting buckets.

Michael Gilchrist Future??? He is from the area right?...Stern, time to rig you son of a bitch.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Heavy said:
15 for the Sixers

The Sixers shot too many jumpers.

Heavy said:
15 for the Sixers

Don't forget those bullshit charge calls against the 76ers. U call those against the heat and it would've been a different outcome. Heat wont get passed boston

thekad

Banned
viakado said:
Don't forget those bullshit charge calls against the 76ers. U call those against the heat and it would've been a different outcome. Heat wont get passed boston

worry about your team getting pass the hornets

K.Jack said:

Yep. That's why I'm not even mad. Outside of DWade kicking Thad on his and1 and a few other calls that we could've got, we lost this game on our own due to shit bigmen and Turner not having a jumper( or balls) so Nocioni's bitch ass had to play. The Zone fucked us up and we don't have enough shooters to match that...

On to the next one....

viakado said:
Don't forget those bullshit charge calls against the 76ers. U call those against the heat and it would've been a different outcome.

Maybe a different outcome if the 76ers "best" player played basketball as well.

I didn't watch enough of the game to know the truth of the freethrow discrepancy though.

Zep

Banned
K.Jack said:

Exactly, from the 2nd quarter and until Young decided to take the game over...They were shooting jumpshots. They deserved nothing while Miami kept attacking the basket.

Maybe a different outcome if the 76ers "best" player played basketball as well.

Elton played well today.

There were NO EMPTY SEATS. The seats you see empty at times are the people who are eating and drinking in the various lounges that are at the arena. And of course people who arrive late. Welcome to Miami. But that shouldn't reflect on me or all my friends who are real life long fans. So whatever to all of you making your assumptions about our entire fan base.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
VindicatorZ said:
There were NO EMPTY SEATS. The seats you see empty at times are the people who are eating and drinking in the various lounges that are at the arena. And of course people who arrive late. Welcome to Miami. But that shouldn't reflect on me or all my friends who are real life long fans. So whatever to all of you making your assumptions about our entire fan base.
Life Long? Isn't the Heat franchise only 23 years old?

Miami shot 16 shots at the rim, 9 from 3-9 feet. Same 10-15 feet. Outside 16 feet (including 3s) 40 shots.

Philly shot 25 shots at the rim, 10 from 3-9 feet. Same 10-15 feet. Outside 16 feet (including 3s) 40 shots.

Now, some of that disparity is because Miami got fouled, so thus no shot recorded. Miami defended without fouling.

But Philly took the exact same amount of shots as Miami outside the rim! So don't complain about "driving." I'm not saying the shot charts argues unfair reffing, but the argument that Phill was shooting jumpshots and Miami not is bullshit.

SamuraiX-

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Fashionably late???

Bosh would approve.

2C0y2.png

Celsior

SoulPlaya said:
Life Long? Isn't the Heat franchise only 23 years old?
Lifelong fans for the year they had Wade and Shaq then they skipped a couple of years, but they are such great fans they became lifelong fans again. Don't mock them.

Black Mamba said:
Miami shot 16 shots at the rim, 9 from 3-9 feet. Same 10-15 feet. Outside 16 feet (including 3s) 40 shots.

Philly shot 25 shots at the rim, 10 from 3-9 feet. Same 10-15 feet. Outside 16 feet (including 3s) 40 shots.

There goes my boner for basketball again:p

Man I was so high after that Bulls Pacers game that the Heat Sixers game seemed real boring to me. From what I saw the Sixers couldve stole game 1 if they didnt shoot themselves in the foot. And surprise surprise Wade became the closer for the Heat. Well lets hope it gets more interesting when I watch from the freakin summit of AAA in Game 2

I just realized I had tickets to the game and didn't go (on vacation) so I will shut up about empty seats. I assume whoever got the tickets went, work tickets.

I just know that when games matter our crowds go crazy. We are an event town.

The intensity between Wade and Lebron in the fourth quarter is so glaring.

But Lebron still gets his $tats, so I could see him getting the Finals MVP if Miami won the whole thing (please God no).

Derwind

Omiee said:
i'd watch a spurs game over a heat game any day of the week.
the spurs actually run plays during the game and in close situation games, that make you guess what pop has drawn up for them. With the heat you immediately know its going to be a bulldozer move to the rim by lebron, a pump fake foul call from wade, or a missed 3 from bosh.

This is why I know Heat games are boring. When Lakers fans start praising the Spurs team. Also its the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom