• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

CherryWoodFuton said:
There was some contact by Garnett right before the layup but while I do agree that it shouldn't have been called, that's just the nature of having a little "home cookin". It isn't anything new in the NBA and I'm sure we will see calls in favor of the Celtics during their home games. I'm just pointing out how the Czzz dont have any answer to an athletic team that runs up and down the court like the Heat did that game

The answer is pretty simple.

Stop turning the fucking ball over and stop being pussies on offense.

Also, STOP fucking giving Big Baby +20 minutes a game.

Great post on espn:

My thoughts go out to all of the Bostonian women enduring the imminent backlash from the drunken frustrated male C's fans this evening. My advice is to get out while you can and do not come back. They won't change and they don't love you.

At least it's better than "your fans don't show until halftime!".

reilo said:
@ArashMarkazi: A portrait of the most famous Miami Heat fan. http://twitpic.com/4tbf5c

AkA "You know his momma probably brought him that lexus"

I expect the Bulls to play a much more ferocious and intense game tonight. Something akin to game 5 closing out the Pacers. Nothing fires them up more than a disappointing loss.

Part of the reason I think they underperformed was because the whooping that put on Atlanta in their last meeting. They more than likely did not train as hard as they needed to and definitely underestimated this Atlanta team. Which if they do underestimate again, it's going to be gameover.gif

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
NEW YORK -- NBA players are not happy with the latest formal collective bargaining proposal from the league's owners, saying the new offer of a 10-year deal is only marginally different from the original one the owners made.

"Unfortunately, the proposal is very similar to the proposal the league submitted over a year ago," union president Derek Fisher told ESPN.com. "This last proposal doesn't look close to what we were expecting."

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said the league delivered its offer to the union last week.

It is the second formal offer made by the owners, who are seeking significant rollbacks in existing contracts, a hard salary cap and a larger share of basketball related income -- 57 percent of which is guaranteed to the players under terms of the existing labor agreement, which expires June 30.
This lockout is going to make things all better.

Bread

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
I expect the Bulls to play a much more ferocious and intense game tonight. Something akin to game 5 closing out the Pacers. Nothing fires them up more than a disappointing loss.

Part of the reason I think they underperformed was because the whooping that put on Atlanta in their last meeting. They more than likely did not train as hard as they needed to and definitely underestimated this Atlanta team. Which if they do underestimate again, it's going to be gameover.gif
I really really doubt that their problem was that they didn't train hard enough...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Grimm Fandango said:

I've noticed it a lot with this team. They go on a decently long winning streak, the media starts to laud them, their heads get kind of big, then they stink it up on the court because they think they're more talented then they actually are.

Examples include the Toronto loss after the all-star break about hearing how they're an elite team during the break, the Atlanta loss after beating the heat, the Indy loss after consecutively beating the Magic and Heat on the road and going on a streak, and the Philly loss later in the season.

They just need to learn that you can't skate by like that.

verbum

Bread said:
I really really doubt that their problem was that they didn't train hard enough...

As an Atlanta fan I'm expecting the Bulls to be a lot more aggressive this time around. I wonder if this being the playoffs is putting some butterflies in their stomachs. I'll be glad if the Bulls blow this game tonight, 2-0 heading back to Atlanta would be very nice for the Hawks, damn nice in fact.

Vire

"So much for bad-sports-city-itis. So. Florida produced higher ratings for TNT than Boston on Tuesday, despite 20,000 locals being in stands."

diehard

Fleer
Vire said:
"So much for bad-sports-city-itis. So. Florida produced higher ratings for TNT than Boston on Tuesday, despite 20,000 locals being in stands."
Very vague, Miami's metro area has about a million more people than does Boston.

edit: wait they didn't even say Miami but all of southern Florida? stupid.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MIAMI (AP) -- LeBron James is getting into the energy business.

The Miami Heat star was part of a group that formally announced the launch of a new product Wednesday called Sheets energy strips, a caffeinated product that dissolves when placed on the tongue. Company officials say the strips will be in stores nationwide early next month.

The company, Purebrands LLC, lists James as a co-founder, along with his longtime confidant and business partner Maverick Carter and entrepreneurs Warren Struhl and Jesse Itzler. The strips are supposed to provide caffeine comparable to one cup of coffee, and a vitamin boost as well.

James said he has been using the product before workouts and Heat games.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ron.energy.strips.ap/index.html#ixzz1LPQ3LhAu

Not exactly the healthiest thing to do, but, uhm, okay.

xnipx

So basically they made caffeinated listerine strips? Should do well as long as they don't taste like 5 hour energy/redbull shots

TylerD

xnipx said:
So basically they made caffeinated listerine strips? Should do well as long as they don't taste like 5 hour energy/redbull shots

I am weird but I like the taste of the 5 hour energy shots. I get the orange and just sip on it and savor that flava.

SUPREME1

Banned
reilo said:

A few weeks ago you pointed out how players don't necessarily wear the same shoes that bare their name, but instead have custom made versions of said shoes to fit their individual needs.

So, what are the chances LeBron's strips contain HGH?

Also, make sure to throw in some listerine, LeBadbreath could use it. Yes, I've smelled his breath. He walked passed once and his mouthbreathing ass was huffing like nobody's business.

TheFatOne said:
Heard this on the local sports talk radio. Thought OKC fans might gain a new found respect for Perk. I took some points from the full article which can be found here

A quick note this was the first players only meeting of the season according to Marc Spears. This is why I love Perk so damn much.

Nice article. It really shows the kind of contribution Perk brings to a team and what the Celtics are really clearly lacking.

snack

Jamesblockgarnett2.gif

Bread

Banned
punkypine said:
you can't meet people at the rim anymore? not even KG complained after the play
Well he had his left arm on KG's chest, but I'm not sure if he was actually holding him down or anything.

diehard

Fleer
punkypine said:
you can't meet people at the rim anymore? not even KG complained after the play
No you can't put your arm on their chest in a fashion that you could push them down or propel yourself up.

Jeff-DSA

dIEHARD said:
No you can't put your arm on their chest in a fashion that you could push them down or propel yourself up.

It's hilarious because LBJ just floats for a bit there. That's physically impossible without using the other guy as leverage.

jman2050

Jeff-DSA said:
It's hilarious because LBJ just floats for a bit there. That's physically impossible without using the other guy as leverage.

Nah don't make excuses, KG is just too old and doesn't have the physical tools to handle LBJ. Then again, since LBJ is obviously the best player in the league right now, maybe one shouldn't be too hard on KG there.

Bread

Banned
jman2050 said:
Nah don't make excuses, KG is just too old and doesn't have the physical tools to handle LBJ. Then again, since LBJ is obviously the best player in the league right now, maybe one shouldn't be too hard on KG there.
Yeah don't make excuses Jeff, everyone knows that Lebron can suspend himself in mid-air, it's just one of the physical tools that KG lacks in his old age.

TylerD

I don't have a problem with less weight hitting the ground when he gets fouled and pounding his knees. The only injuries I can remember for KD have been related to his ankles.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TylerD said:
I don't have a problem with less weight hitting the ground when he gets fouled and pounding his knees. The only injuries I can remember for KD have been related to his ankles.
Less weight never prevented Shaun Livingston from blowing his knee up -- and he was the exact same build as Durant.

I'm not talking about him adding 50lbs of muscle and looking like Lebron. He needs to add some weight and strength to his railthin frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom