• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

So you guys think anyone is going to bite on the Spurs big $21.3 million expiring contract and give them pieces to rebuild with?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
cp3o.jpg

I doubt Harrison Barnes will still be around when the Lakers pick comes in the 2012 draft

truly101 said:
I doubt Harrison Barnes will still be around when the Lakers pick comes in the 2012 draft

Its alright Lakers already have the superior Barnes
Matt-Barnes-arrested-on-domestic-violence.jpg

With Phil Jackson and his TriOff retiring, I think they could push for CP3 (especially since CP3 had interest last off-season).

linsivvi said:
Signing with another team does not make one a bad guy. It's in how you handle it.

Only Shaq and Lebron jumped team? Sure if you limit your criteria to the top 5 players at the time and that the player must wait until free agency before leaving. Most stars jumped teams by demanding a trade and/or indicating he won't resign with the team. They got traded because the management know they will lose them for nothing otherwise.

You think if Lebron had the decency to tell the Cavs that he's not coming back they would just let him walk away for nothing?

In Shaq's case, the Magic screwed up. I am sure the newspaper poll didn't help either.

Yes, the criteria is very limited because dominant stars who leave a team in their prime in FA is very small, more so in the modern era. If Dwight leaves in FA, he'd be one of those rare cases. When they leave a team, they will leave the team in tatters.

Had Lebron told the Cavs he was leaving, that doesn't make him a good guy. It just makes him less of a bad guy. There will be resentment no matter how you do it. You have to tell a lot of people no and that you would rather be somewhere else, even to the people you like.

My original point was that players opt out all the time. That in itself doesn't mean anything. Bucher on the other hand is claiming Dwight opting out means he's leaving. The precedent for that is small. Bucher also says Dwight will get traded this "summer or before the next season starts" in a preemtive move before Dwight hits FA. That's almost unheard of.

giri

SamuraiX- said:
Oden Looks At Free Agency As 'His Move'

It's sad because Oden will never live up to his true potential in Portland. He's not a bust by definition and we all know that, but that's gonna be how he's remembered if he doesn't go to a team with a competent medical staff.
Anyone paying him double digit millions is a fool. And how isn't he a bust? he was picked AHEAD of durant. Odens played, what, 20 games? Durants had a stretch of 20 games where he scored 30pts each game. That pick was turrible.

ph33nix said:
I didn't know you could be a clutch player sitting in a suit on the bench.

Or does 5% mean "I'm talking out of my ass but just in case it happens I called it!"

It means "I'm talking out of my ass".

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Old news and I'd rather not get back into discussing something as pointless, but even Nash has said that he over exaggerated as soon as he felt the contact. Horry didn't force any stupid Suns players to get off the bench. Period.
LOL. yeah, right, lets re-write history to make spurs-age feel good! fuck off.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Its alright Lakers already have the superior Barnes
Matt-Barnes-arrested-on-domestic-violence.jpg

With Phil Jackson and his TriOff retiring, I think they could push for CP3 (especially since CP3 had interest last off-season).

I think the Triangle is staying until Kobe/Pau retire. They are going to bring in a coach with familiarity (Shaw) for that reason.

zychi

Banned
RobotChant said:
Had Lebron told the Cavs he was leaving, that doesn't make him a good guy. It just makes him less of a bad guy. There will be resentment no matter how you do it. You have to tell a lot of people no and that you would rather be somewhere else, even to the people you like.
I'm not directing this at you, but everyone seems to forget that Lebron wanted to test the FA market, that to me shows he wasn't coming back, and off the slim chance he was coming back, Cle still needed to have a backup plan to get other players around him. The fact that the backup plan was to ridicule James(which he deserved after the Decision), and not make any moves in Free Agency is hilarious still to this day. If Cleveland wanted James that bad, they would've convinced James to convice CP3 or someone he wanted to play with to demand a trade to play with him. I know I'm being Captain Hindsight at this point, but Melo basically did this, and Den responded properly.

The Stealth Fox said:
Matt Barnes hasn't been useful since his stint in Golden State.

thats_the_joke.jpg

Ninja Scooter said:
I think the Triangle is staying until Kobe/Pau retire. They are going to bring in a coach with familiarity (Shaw) for that reason.

I think thats the better choice too. But I remember reading that Jerry Buss wasn't a fan of the Triangle which makes me wonder what Management will be doing next season. If they keep the TriOff, I don't think CP3 would really fit into it.

Duki

Banned
imo a cp3 pick n roll with any one of the lakers main forwards could be p good man

itd require telling kobe to fuck off though

which isnt happening

The Stealth Fox

Triangle offense sucks anyway. I'm all about the rectangular prism offense.

See, it's in 3 dimensions, and it works perfectly for the Lakers. You got the players, the coaching staff, the refs, and Stern up above (the Z axis).

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
I think thats the better choice too. But I remember reading that Jerry Buss wasn't a fan of the Triangle which makes me wonder what Management will be doing next season. If they keep the TriOff, I don't think CP3 would really fit into it.

Jerry likes a more uptempo up and down game, but he's also not stupid. He knows with Kobe and Pau and the money locked into them, plus the stage they are in their careers, trying to keep things as familiar as possible is the best move. Shaw's been working under Phil for a while now so if he really does take over they will try to make it as seam less as possible. The window with these guys is limited we don't have the luxury of teaching a new system.

hahhahahahhahaha

Fucking Ron is fucking hilarious!

Ninja Scooter said:
Jerry likes a more uptempo up and down game, but he's also not stupid. He knows with Kobe and Pau and the money locked into them, plus the stage they are in their careers, trying to keep things as familiar as possible is the best move. Shaw's been working under Phil for a while now so if he really does take over they will try to make it as seam less as possible. The window with these guys is limited we don't have the luxury of teaching a new system.

Real Talk.

Sanjuro

LovingSteam said:
Lets be honest, if Vlade had the players that Hakeem had he'd have won a few titles. Hakeem is overrated.
I will disagree with this more than anything you will ever say.

Sanjuro

LovingSteam said:
Why? Vlade was amazing. He never had Mario Ellie, Horry, Otis Thorpe, And co. He had footwork that was as solid as Hakeem.
You are wearing some crazy goggles. Vlade was one of the most serviceable guys around at the position...but not anywhere close to the same type of scorer that Hakeem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom