• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude Abides

Banned
I dislike the Lakers as much as anyone born with a living soul, but it's still sad to see a once-great team go out like such bitches.

RBH

Omiee said:
Lakers went to the finals 3 years in a row.
lets think about that =)

we have one of the oldest team in the league
a2eqrk.jpg

Darkman M

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah they played great D last night again a celtics team that is even older than the mavs

Im talking about closing out on shooters, the heat defensive problems are on the inside. They play really good man to man defense on the outside. Boston is just a vet team that knows how to win.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
FUCK YOU ESPN ! Get your shit together. Boy how I wish TNT had the rights to air semi finals and finals games

KingGondo

Banned
Truphenom said:
I feel like they can win too. If they win game 4 then they have homecourt again. Minus all the dumbassery that Russell seems to spread to the whole team from time to time, they look poised and hungry. And if Durant can find a way to lessen the impact Toney Allen is having on him, then that would be a huge boost. He's being forced to play however Allen wants him too.
It all rests on game 4 though. If we lose the series is more or less over.

Jonm1010

Banned
Dark FaZe said:
Its hard to even gauge how good CP3 was in this post season after how terrible the Lakers played against zombie Kidd.
The opposite argument can also be made that we helped wear down the lakers and shocked their confidence for the Mavs. Plus Kidd played worse this series than last.

Omiee

Jonm1010 said:
The opposite argument can also be made that we helped wear down the lakers and shocked their confidence for the Mavs. Plus Kidd played worse this series than last.

This!!

we never looked good this playoff run, and the hornets stung us bad. I just wish we werent swept.

Puddles

Banned
thekad said:
Kobe:

17 points on 18 shots. More turnovers than assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks COMBINED.

Kobe's done.

The last player I remember aging this much over the course of a single season was former Lakers-great Gary Payton.

giri

Forceatowulf said:
It's not about how bad it was. That's not the issue. The issue is that this isn't a one time incident. He's been doing this for years and it's inexcusable behavior.

Look, I like Bynum, I still like him. I tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt the first couple of times I saw it because he's a part of my team and he's still really young... but come on man it is pretty clear he's doing it on purpose out of frustration like a small angry child.

There's just no defending this shit.
i think it's the timing of it. If he had've done this in game 1, setting a VERY physical tone fot the series... sorta defendable. NBA-Age will conveniently forget, but thats the sort of foul we all wanted noah to put on LBJ during the bulls series last year.

It's just the timing, second half, and the games not even close, the series was DONE. No need to be out hurting people then.

thekad said:
Kobe:

17 points on 18 shots. More turnovers than assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks COMBINED.

That's because he was the only trying to push the tempo, he wasn't standing around with his hand up his vagina like Pau.

linsivvi

LovingSteam said:
You will reach my level of peace and tranquility soon enough.

I've long reached that level since they got swept by Karl fucking Malone.

Gosh I hate that man.

I can't hate on this Mavs team, but if they get to the Finals they better don't let the Heat beat them.

Just saw the Bynum clothesline, I mean is he serious with that shit, just basically destroyed his reputation in this series, with his bitching after games and this amateur hour ejection.

Blackface

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
That's because he was the only trying to push the tempo, he wasn't standing around with his hand up his vagina like Pau.

Stop trying to throw Pau under the bus like you entire team wasn't hot garbage. Dirk didn't even beat you today.

Omiee

weekend_warrior said:

why do people quote him, forces me to read his idiotic posts even when im ignoring him.

anyhow kobe at least tries to making something happen in stead of disapearing.
i just think if he made that shot in game 1 and we dident let them get back in game 3 we could have had a chanse.

Puddles

Banned
giri said:
i think it's the timing of it. If he had've done this in game 1, setting a VERY physical tone fot the series... sorta defendable. NBA-Age will conveniently forget, but thats the sort of foul we all wanted noah to put on LBJ during the bulls series last year.

It's just the timing, second half, and the games not even close, the series was DONE. No need to be out hurting people then.

I still want someone to put that kind of foul on LBJ.

dream

Omiee said:
why do people quote him, forces me to read his idiotic posts even when im ignoring him.

anyhow kobe at least tries to making something happen in stead of disapearing.
i just think if he made that shot in game 1 and we dident let them get back in game 3 we could have had a chanse.

Yes, if you had won 2 games you wouldn't have been swept.

Truphenom

KingGondo said:
It all rests on game 4 though. If we lose the series is more or less over.

Definitely, this really is a golden oppurtunity for them with the Lakers being eliminated. I cant remember the last time the West was this wide open. And hopefully if the Celts get bounced, then that would make it the best playoffs easily in a while.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I didn't see much of the second half. But I bet the Lakers went out with class and Lakers-Age didn't bail out early in this thread.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom