• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ref didn't throw Pierce out, he gave him a tech, it just so happens to be his 2nd which means automatic ejection. Players get double techs for jawing at each other all the time, granted the refs usually are better at knowing the situation when dishing out fouls and techs, but it's not completely outlandish for a guy to get a T in a situation like that. Maybe Paul should have known the situation too and kept his mouth shut.

If anything, this might turn out better for the Celtics. Lets be real, they were down 13 when Pierce got thrown out, it's not like this was a close game, now when they lose the team can pump themselves up with the "we were robbed! They're out to get us!" mentality instead of just wallowing because they got outplayed and outrun by the Heat all game long.

exarkun

Amory Blaine said:
Lol imagine if the celtics still win because of ray ray. It's a crime to call anyone else but ray allen "mr. big shot"

uhhhh what? theres a man with 7 rings that wants to talk to you.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
MiamiWesker said:
Not even in my dreams did I expect us to play this good.
0070_pq3p.gif

Amory

Ninja Scooter said:
the ref didn't throw Pierce out, he gave him a tech, it just so happens to be his 2nd which means automatic ejection. Players get double techs for jawing at each other all the time, granted the refs usually are better at knowing the situation when dishing out fouls and techs, but it's not completely outlandish for a guy to get a T in a situation like that. Maybe Paul should have known the situation too and kept his mouth shut.

If anything, this might turn out better for the Celtics. Lets be real, they were down 13 when Pierce got thrown out, it's not like this was a close game, now when they lose the team can pump themselves up with the "we were robbed! They're out to get us!" mentality instead of just wallowing because they got outplayed and outrun by the Heat all game long.

Giving him a second tech on THAT bullshit was equivalent to throwing him out of the game. There wasn't a technical on the play. If that was gonna be his first, sure, be more frivolous with it, but he didn't do anything.

bionic77

Bread said:
You said he started following the Celtics 4 years ago, and you're calling him sensitive because he called you a lifelong?
I don't remember any Celtics fan on this board before the big 3 came to town. Hell they were chanting MVP for Kobe at home not too long ago..

Amory Blaine said:
Giving him a second tech on THAT bullshit was equivalent to throwing him out of the game. There wasn't a technical on the play. If that was gonna be his first, sure, be more frivolous with it, but he didn't do anything.
Lol yeah, it was a fucking screen. How do you call a tech on a screen....

bionic77

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
You like the Lakers and from the Pittsburgh area. How does that work?
You got me there. But I was here during the Kwame era as well! The only thing hurting my ability to follow sports these days is being a new dad and having zero time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom